Browns OC search

ReggieCamp

14 hours ago, Trentwannabe said:

Numbers wise the O was good if not great in 2022 but everything still felt difficult. The playoff loss to Cincy, the O could get nothing going.

I think my biggest issue was the beginning of this year not having Kincaid involved at all when healthy. Both he and the run game improved tremendously once Brady took over. 

Dorsey was/is extremely well liked though. He’s certainly a players coach in that regard which is always a plus

Weren't they like #2 in the NFL? that sounds odd, they were #2 in yardage, points and 3rd down conversion rate. Can you give more insight on that? Also how were they late game with the lead?

On 1/25/2024 at 2:06 PM, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

.........I posted the Axelrod tweet previously, but his point was if your staff isn’t getting poached after 4 years it’s probably time for some new ideas.  I can’t disagree with that at all.  It’s pretty wild to think Stefanski may have 2 COTY trophies in 4 seasons and has yet to have a coordinator hired for a HC role.

Drew Petzing is the OC in AZ, Folks been after Callahan the last 3 seasons....Now the defensive guys I dont count so much, that DB coach we had under Woods, who became a LB coach somewhere (I think SD), Kiffins Brother who coached the Dline, but is also coaching LB's somewhere else.....as we were going to let them go anyway I believe. 

So our coaches have had some interest....but I think Reece and Staley being here....we will loose some staff soon. I think both of them will be HC's eventually, sooner rather than later.

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Weren't they like #2 in the NFL? that sounds odd, they were #2 in yardage, points and 3rd down conversion rate. Can you give more insight on that? Also how were they late game with the lead?

I think the biggest issue with Dorsey was always the lack of creativity. Minimal pre-snap motion, not building on plays like running something to set up something later on. Last year he couldn't seem to get Cook involved until late and then this year he never got Kincaid involved. The offense works as long as Allen was playing magical, even with his turnovers. But if Allen was off, the entire offense seemed to suffer and be out of sync. I think Dorsey is creative and his role in CLE will be more than fine as long as he doesn't call plays. 

I do believe the Bills were ranked near the top for continuing to pass while leading late in the game. Something they got away from under Brady which I didn't like. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DaWg_LB. said:

Drew Petzing is the OC in AZ,

yeah, but iirc that was due to his previous working relationship with Gannon more so than his work here.

Folks been after Callahan the last 3 seasons....

For the same role though.  He’s a great OL coach, arguably the best, but he’s not someone that anyone is looking to make a coordinator or HC.

Now the defensive guys I dont count so much, that DB coach we had under Woods, who became a LB coach somewhere (I think SD), Kiffins Brother who coached the Dline, but is also coaching LB's somewhere else.....as we were going to let them go anyway I believe. 

So our coaches have had some interest....but I think Reece and Staley being here....we will loose some staff soon. I think both of them will be HC's eventually, sooner rather than later.

Yeah I’m not saying we have a bunch of unemployable bums or anything, just that no one is poaching our coordinators to become head coaches or position coaches for coordinating save Petzing.  

No one is clamoring for AVP or Stump to come run their offenses is all I’m saying.  They’re not irreplaceable by any stretch very possibly easily replaced if not improved upon.

• Like 1