Browns OC search

ReggieCamp

1 hour ago, candyman93 said:

I still think Ken Dorsey makes a lot of sense.

He worked with Newton and Allen. I imagine we’re trying to get Watson to use his legs more.

Dorsey sucked in buffalo and they went on a roll once they fired him. I’ll pass on him. 

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I still think Ken Dorsey makes a lot of sense.

He worked with Newton and Allen. I imagine we’re trying to get Watson to use his legs more.

So we only want to get 6-8 games a year out of him? Him running more is just going to lead to more injuries 

1 hour ago, buno67 said:

So we only want to get 6-8 games a year out of him? Him running more is just going to lead to more injuries 

The issue isn’t really running, it’s taking hits.  He needs to learn to pick his spots and when he does, he needs to get down and not do ish like lowering his shoulder into defenders. 

26 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

The issue isn’t really running, it’s taking hits.  He needs to learn to pick his spots and when he does, he needs to get down and not do ish like lowering his shoulder into defenders. 

yeah and we want to get the OC that has worked with Newton and Allen, two QBs who really havent protected their body as runners and in reality were running too much but the offense leaned on the running ability.

Watson doesnt come close to the body type of newton and allen. I rather get a dude who makes him improve as a passer. 

I’m the only one who has said this, but I feel like we need to run an offense similar to what Aaron Rodgers ran with Mike McCarthy. That’s what your hoping Watson plays like skill set wise.

Offensively, I think we’re set at offensive line, RB, and TE. We saw with Flacco that Stefanski wants to chuck it deep.

We need to get more explosive at WR to make it work though. Then just hope Watson figures it out.

Edited by candyman93

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

I’m the only one who has said this, but I feel like we need to run an offense similar to what Aaron Rodgers ran with Mike McCarthy. That’s what your hoping Watson plays like skill set wise.

It's an offense that relies on the magic too much. Mike ran tons of man beaters.

2 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Offensively, I think we’re set at offensive line, RB, and TE. We saw with Flacco that Stefanski wants to chuck it deep.

We need to get more explosive at WR to make it work though. Then just hope Watson figures it out.

Really we need Watson to learn stefanskis offense and have a better shotgun offense. 

7 hours ago, buno67 said:

Why have a running QB if you're not going to utilize him as such? It'll suck if he gets injured, but that's a risk we need to take.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, candyman93 said:

And stuck at QB. So really, we need to find another OL and some WR's.

And I don't think we're set at TE. I think we need to add another one. Preferrably a superfreak who can run away from man coverage.