Around The League

Jerry

6 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

This is be the backup QBs draft 

Basically every type of prospect busted or has underwhelmed.

The generational prospect 

2 small school toolsy guys

Mobile big program guy

Pocket passer big program guy 

31 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

I wonder if there’s real question on TL performance last year. He was mediocre 

Not yet, but his health is a legit concern and that + the mediocre results have the seat getting warmer than his fanboys are willing to admit. 

Right now, this move is to ensure if Lawrence goes down at all again, they have a viable backup to hopefully stay competitive. 

In 9 months, we could very well start hearing rumbles of Lawrence possibly looking at the bench. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ronjon1990 said:

Not yet, but his health is a legit concern and that + the mediocre results have the seat getting warmer than his fanboys are willing to admit. 

Right now, this move is to ensure if Lawrence goes down at all again, they have a viable backup to hopefully stay competitive. 

In 9 months, we could very well start hearing rumbles of Lawrence possibly looking at the bench. 

They're probably going to extend him this summer.

5 minutes ago, ronjon1990 said:

Yep, gotta lock up those backup QBs early and with a big price tag. 

I was referring to TLaw 

Mac Jones only has a 2.7M cap hit

Somewhere JMD is punching air he missed his chance to get Mac back

3 minutes ago, bucksavage1 said:

Gonna be a Daniel Jones type contract that they can get out of 

Meh. The Giants can cut DJ next off-season with a post June 1st designation and free up $30M ($11M dead cap).

Has he lived up to the hype? No. But he's not a bad player, I think giving him a big deal will be like giving Carr, Cousins, Dak, etc. a big deal. Where he probably won't ever be truly elite or lead them to a title but he won't ever be bad enough to want to move on.

The Jags went 18-16 over the last two years and Lawrence is 5th in passing yards / 10th in passing TD.

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I was referring to TLaw 

Mac Jones only has a 2.7M cap hit

Somewhere JMD is punching air he missed his chance to get Mac back

So was I. 

Trevor Lawrence hasn't played significantly beyond a high end backup to this point. Jacksonville is going to get suckered into paying him a fortune because of his name and draft status, and it'll be the Leftwich years all over again. 

• Like 1

Just now, ronjon1990 said:

So was I. 

Trevor Lawrence hasn't played significantly beyond a high end backup to this point. Jacksonville is going to get suckered into paying him a fortune because of his name and draft status, and it'll be the Leftwich years all over again. 

Over the last two seasons TLaw is 5th in passing yards and 10th in passing TD. Is he elite? No. But a backup? Dude has been productive. He’s just closer to guys like Goff, Carr, Dak then he is to guys like Mahomes, Allen, and Burrow