Around The League

Jerry

7 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Chargers have zero plan of being competitive next year.

They still have some nice pieces, including QB. Year 1 was always going to be a bit of a rebuild for Harbaugh with the way they were structured. He's purged an aging roster and will rebuild around Herbert.  

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

They still have some nice pieces, including QB. Year 1 was always going to be a bit of a rebuild for Harbaugh with the way they were structured. He's purged an aging roster and will rebuild around Herbert.  

I'm shocked they kept Bosa, I think they should have shipped him out. 

28 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I'm shocked they kept Bosa, I think they should have shipped him out. 

Im not. Harbaugh was a qb in the nfl but as a coach he favors the conservative offense and is huge on defense

Vikings traded up into the first round with Houston. I imagine they will use this pick to take a QB. They may move again.

I have been saying it from the beginning that McCarthy, Nix, and Penix are not top 15 guys. I think this move signals in that direction. The Vikings are also in a unique position because they probably can't be in the Justin Fields market.

15 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Vikings traded up into the first round with Houston. I imagine they will use this pick to take a QB. They may move again.

I have been saying it from the beginning that McCarthy, Nix, and Penix are not top 15 guys. I think this move signals in that direction. The Vikings are also in a unique position because they probably can't be in the Justin Fields market.

Or they could package both of those pics to move up even more. Say they trade those to the chargers so that they could get JJ McCarthy, Harbaugh, who is rebuilding, might take that deal

1 minute ago, Jeremy408 said:

Or they could package both of those pics to move up even more. Say they trade those to the chargers so that they could get JJ McCarthy, Harbaugh, who is rebuilding, might take that deal

The Vikings could do that, but my point is that I do not believe they view McCarthy as a top 15 player.

Also, I'd be very surprised if the Chargers don't take Nabers at 5.

42 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

That's exactly what I am thinking their game plan is. 

1 hour ago, Rich7sena said:

The Vikings could do that, but my point is that I do not believe they view McCarthy as a top 15 player.

Also, I'd be very surprised if the Chargers don't take Nabers at 5.

1 hour ago, Jeremy408 said:

On the trade value chart: 

#11 - 1,250 | #23 - 760 = 2,101

#4 = 1,800

#5 = 1,700

Typically you pay around a 20% premium to trade up for a QB.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Then why keep Mack and Bosa