Around The League

Jerry

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Herbert is gonna be a sitting duck week 1. Better hope that OL plays up to their draft status. DL should be foaming at the mouth at the opportunities. 

I expect  a run heavy approach for LA the 1st week. If we contain the run, Herbert gonna be a sitting duck

The Chargers WR core has to be bottom of the NFL

Edited by bucksavage1
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jerry said:

I remember going to games and the crowd chanting for Tui when we had Kerry Collins starting.  I was so young and niave.  I couldn't even comprehend how bad we were.  I used to be so optimistic before every single season.  The Raiders have humbled me with a metal bat.

Ahh Collins the guy that made us pass on Rodgers coming outa cal 🤦🏽‍♂️

3 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Ahh Collins the guy that made us pass on Rodgers coming outa cal 🤦🏽‍♂️

Fastest guy in the draft? Check!  Who needs a QB?

Back then, many people did not want to draft Rodgers because of the reputation of Cal QBs.

47 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Naw Collins was lightweight decent the year before then just completely fell tf off

True Collins was decent and fringe top 10-13 QB at times. Had one of the strongest arms in the league at the time

He had the Strong Arm that Al loved and he reminded Al of the reclamation QB projects 

He couldn’t resist Fabian Washington 4.2

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bucksavage1 said:

True Collins was decent and fringe top 10-13 QB at times. Had one of the strongest arms in the league at the time

He had the Strong Arm that Al loved and he reminded Al of the reclamation QB projects 

Yup 🤦🏽‍♂️

2 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

LOL Collins was a bum and a bust for a number 1 overall pick.  Old man Davis fell in love with QB's who had massive arms but actually sucked at playing the QB position.  Collins was one of them.  He was so terrible he ran Moss out of town then gets traded to the Pats where he sets records with TB.  

We have had some big armed QB who were beyond terrible.  Off the top of my head Schrader, Collins, JaWalrus, Aaron Brooks and Jeff George come mind.   

On 8/2/2024 at 9:00 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

LOL Collins was a bum and a bust for a number 1 overall pick.  Old man Davis fell in love with QB's who had massive arms but actually sucked at playing the QB position.  Collins was one of them.  He was so terrible he ran Moss out of town then gets traded to the Pats where he sets records with TB.  

We have had some big armed QB who were beyond terrible.  Off the top of my head Schrader, Collins, JaWalrus, Aaron Brooks and Jeff George come mind.   

Brooks didn't help either, and I know he played with moss, I was at the kc game when he threw it directly into pollards chest in the end zone on 1rst and goal from the 8yrd line with 21 seconds left. His target was moss in the back of the endzone ,pass should've been about 8-9 ft high instead of 5.5 ft. Thus hitting pollard in the numbers. I believe that was 06 but I'm not positive. Definitely pissed me off tho, boneheaded in about 3 different ways. Smdh! 

18 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

Brooks didn't help either, and I know he played with moss, I was at the kc game when he threw it directly into pollards chest in the end zone on 1rst and goal from the 8yrd line with 21 seconds left. His target was moss in the back of the endzone ,pass should've been about 8-9 ft high instead of 5.5 ft. Thus hitting pollard in the numbers. I believe that was 06 but I'm not positive. Definitely pissed me off tho, boneheaded in about 3 different ways. Smdh! 

I can't believe how many fans forget those years where we had castoff bum after castoff bum playing QB.  Over the last 30 years we have had two QB's who can actually play he position at a high level.  Gannon and Carr.  That is how pathetic this organization has been for three decades. 

On 8/2/2024 at 7:00 PM, Frankie2Gunz said:

Add in Rick Mirer 

2 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I can't believe how many fans forget those years where we had castoff bum after castoff bum playing QB.  Over the last 30 years we have had two QB's who can actually play he position at a high level.  Gannon and Carr.  That is how pathetic this organization has been for three decades. 

Aside from the Packers, this is most franchises. Buffalo went years between Kelly and Allen. KC had been dead in the water for decades until landing Mahomes. Denver, save a blip with Manning has been looking for their guy since Elway retired. Jets haven't had a franchise level guy since Namath. Chicago has never had a franchise QB. The list goes on. 

QBs are rare finds. Why it's best to invest in them early and often and don't waste time on average ones such as Carr when better prospects come along. 

• Like 1