Around The League

Jerry

13 minutes ago, Tank4Drake said:

Their talent isn’t as bad as you think. They drafted a WR in the 1st Round who is super athletic. They signed Diontae Johnson, best WR in the NFL at getting open according to analytics. Also have Chuba Hubbard who was one of the most efficient RB’s in the NFL last season. Bryce made everyone worse. They should look like a different team with Dalton. 

rookie WRs normally struggle. Diontae Johnson is solid. I think youre reaching on Hubbard, but even if i gave you that one. Thats a bottom tier group. Their OL is atrocious, lost their best player on an already paper thin defense. We will see first hand this Sunday. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

In general, I don't understand this. I love this from Tom Brady and really speaks to the current talent level at QBs:

whats crazy is it starts even before HS. These kids bounce around their 7 on 7 teams, and football organizations as kids. In HS dont start, start transfer out. Even the Tennessee kid, Nico transferred several times in HS. Then they get to college and go to the highest bidder, dont work out and leave. Then you see the Manning's with the highest rated kid ever, sitting for two years and developing. I dont know how people dont see that and follow suit. Even a kid like Miller Moss thats stuck it through, is starting to get his shine after developing under a real offensive mind. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

whats crazy is it starts even before HS. These kids bounce around their 7 on 7 teams, and football organizations as kids. In HS dont start, start transfer out. Even the Tennessee kid, Nico transferred several times in HS. Then they get to college and go to the highest bidder, dont work out and leave. Then you see the Manning's with the highest rated kid ever, sitting for two years and developing. I dont know how people dont see that and follow suit. Even a kid like Miller Moss thats stuck it through, is starting to get his shine after developing under a real offensive mind. 

He gets it. He's humble and listening to good advice. I'm curious as more and more QB fail in the pros, will this trend come full circle. 

A lot of these guys are entitled. Told they are special, paid to play so think they've arrived and don't want to learn. Playing on athletic ability alone which works in college and flame out in the pros. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Nico sat all last year for the Vols behind Milton of all people. Kid seems about as humble as they come all things considered. Love his interviews. 

Edited by FloydFan

2 minutes ago, FloydFan said:

Nico sat all last year for the Vols behind Milton of all people. Kid seems about as humble as they come all things considered. Love his interviews. 

that wasnt a slight on him, he seems like a great kid. Its just a fact that he transferred several times in HS. To your point though, he sat, learned and now is one of the top QBs in the nation. 

• Like 1

Just now, Geezy said:

that wasnt a slight on him, he seems like a great kid. Its just a fact that he transferred several times in HS. To your point though, he sat, learned and now is one of the top QBs in the nation. 

No worries. I gotta have my UT boys back, we don’t get these prospects that often🤣 Exactly. I like affording young raw QBs the chance to sit and learn. It can mean a world of difference and for all my complaints about Milton, dude was a rock solid guy and a good person to sit under. 

• Like 1

Just now, FloydFan said:

No worries. I gotta have my UT boys back, we don’t get these prospects that often🤣 Exactly. I like affording young raw QBs the chance to sit and learn. It can mean a world of difference and for all my complaints about Milton, dude was a rock solid guy and a good person to sit under. 

Its good to see teams like Tennessee and USC back on the map.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Geezy said:

It’s good to see teams like Tennessee and USC back on the map.

Absolutely. I’m hoping the new playoff format leads to more of this. Danny White has made all the difference in the world for Tennessee. Probably the best AD hire they could have made. 

Edited by FloydFan
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Geezy said:

rookie WRs normally struggle. Diontae Johnson is solid. I think youre reaching on Hubbard, but even if i gave you that one. Thats a bottom tier group. Their OL is atrocious, lost their best player on an already paper thin defense. We will see first hand this Sunday. 

Even if they're a bottom tier group, I've seen worse groups. We've had worse groups here. Young is historically bad regardless of how bad his support group is. 

3 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Its good to see teams like Tennessee and USC back on the map.

Yep. 

The 12 team format should be fun. Personally, I probably would've only gone to 8 as I think we've seen enough 9-3 teams wind up in the 10-12 spots, and I can understand the hesitation. But I do think the expanded playoffs will help the talent disparity, as kids won't feel like their only realistic hope is going to 1 of like 3 schools. Wasn't Alabama or Ohio St or someone getting 4* guys as walk-ons not long ago? They knew going to a Texas or Tennessee or USC was pointless if they wanted a crack at a national championship. 

Tennessee, USC, Miami...feels right again. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Their offensive cast isn’t anywhere near as bad as people are saying though. The fact is Bryce isn’t seeing the field. All three WR’s have been open. Adam T was open multiple times and Bryce didn’t see him and starts scrambling out of the pocket. Adam melted down on the sideline because Bryce didn’t see him multiple times. He apologized to Bryce later. 

Edited by Tank4Drake
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Geezy said:

Social media especially if a kid blows up locally he’ll transfer to the nearest big name hs like mater dei dellasalle etc I can’t hate on the d3 kid that finally gets his d1 shot sr year and transfers in college tho

Bo Nix is the worst in recent NFL history at this concerning thing (denversports.com)

Sean Payton reveals how Denver Broncos tried to trick Las Vegas Raiders in NFL Draft

If Bo Nix busts, this is going to be the story I tell my grandchildren before every Raiders-Broncos game.

"Gather round children, I want to tell you about the time Sean Payton said he tricked the Raiders into believing he was going to trade back, just so he could draft one of the biggest QB busts in Broncos' history."

They'll laugh and snicker as I hand out Reese's candy, and then I'll follow it up with the story about how Sean Payton convinced Broncos leadership that they should cut Russell Wilson and have $85 million in dead cap during the 2024 and 2025 seasons.  

Lol.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Bo Nix is the worst in recent NFL history at this concerning thing (denversports.com)

Sean Payton reveals how Denver Broncos tried to trick Las Vegas Raiders in NFL Draft

If Bo Nix busts, this is going to be the story I tell my grandchildren before every Raiders-Broncos game.

"Gather round children, I want to tell you about the time Sean Payton said he tricked the Raiders into believing he was going to trade back, just so he could draft one of the biggest QB busts in Broncos' history."

They'll laugh and snicker as I hand out Reese's candy, and then I'll follow it up with the story about how Sean Payton convinced Broncos leadership that they should cut Russell Wilson and have $85 million in dead cap during the 2024 and 2025 seasons.  

Lol.

The shine is really coming off Sean Peyton. He has a huge unchecked ego. Looking more like he played himself than anything on Nix. Don't think other teams rated him as highly and nobody was more vocal that Peyton who said he hadn't felt that way about a QB since Mahomes. It was literally no secret Peyton wanted him.

Thanks Sean for tricking the Raiders into taking Brock Bowers. We'll get him with a QB soon. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

The shine is really coming off Sean Peyton. He has a huge unchecked ego. Looking more like he played himself than anything on Nix. Don't think other teams rated him as highly and nobody was more vocal that Peyton who said he hadn't felt that way about a QB since Mahomes. It was literally no secret Peyton wanted him.

Thanks Sean for tricking the Raiders into taking Brock Bowers. We'll get him with a QB soon. 

Sean definitely comes off as a guy who thinks he should jar and sell his own farts.  He just probably doesn't because he doesn't want to share his "aura."

• Like 1