2024: Offseason

6 hours ago, mayanfootball said:

Value isn't with CB. I just saw ESPN draft coverage and they've got 15 WR's picked in the first 64 players drafted.

Guessing that's where there's value in this draft

I guess we’re defining it differently. If picks play out how I have stated (and nobody knows so let’s not debate that) I just think we could see a tier 1/2 CB like Koolaid be there, where realistically we could be solidly at tier 2 for OT if guys like Morgan go up because of an early run.

DE - I think realistically we’d be looking at MAYBE Robinson from Mizzou being there and being with the pick.  But I can see a team snatching him because of scheme versatility.

Meanwhile, at WR there’s guys like Brian Thomas, Adonai Mitchell, Keon Coleman and Xavier Worthy than in a normal year maybe have been top 10-15 picks. But with the 3 bigs, that 1a group will drop.

Edited by EMAW_KSU

On 4/10/2024 at 4:13 AM, Jakuvious said:

I'm out on this one. It's a brick wall.

The arguments presented to you were absolutely awful, but I don't think the take is outrageous.

In an offense where your WR3 is the 4th pass catcher thanks to Kelce, you can live with someone like Watston honestly. Should Kelce still be a top 5 TE in production, Rice stepping up with a full WR1 plate, you really need one more guy. Hollywood Brown was signed for that (that was supposed to me MVS role). Watson as the 4th guy works for me as long as the 3 other guys produce.

Now nothing prevents us from drafting a guy who will sit behind those dudes or take Watson place in the lineup this year before taking over Hollywood next year when he's gone. That'd actually be a pretty decent idea. But I don't think the WR need is as dire as it would seem

2 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Now we have Rice

I’m not counting on that, and I don’t think KC can either. PARTICULARLY because WR was a need prior. There is no chance Rice doesn’t miss time. You asked what my point was about MVS earlier…I don’t know that we have a player capable of stepping up and taking those receptions. Toney is at best a 50/50 shot to play at this point let alone contribute. Ross has proven absolutely nothing and Skyy has proven he can’t rise to the occasion.

At some point we have to keep Pat healthy and happy. If it’s a LT great, WR great if somehow one of the Robinsons is there I don’t really understand the idea of drafting first round DE 3 years in a row without giving the one you drafted last year a chance to play. I get we need players there. But we need to improve elsewhere also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I’m not counting on that, and I don’t think KC can either. PARTICULARLY because WR was a need prior. There is no chance Rice doesn’t miss time. You asked what my point was about MVS earlier…I don’t know that we have a player capable of stepping up and taking those receptions. Toney is at best a 50/50 shot to play at this point let alone contribute. Ross has proven absolutely nothing and Skyy has proven he can’t rise to the occasion.

At some point we have to keep Pat healthy and happy. If it’s a LT great, WR great if somehow one of the Robinsons is there I don’t really understand the idea of drafting first round DE 3 years in a row without giving the one you drafted last year a chance to play. I get we need players there. But we need to improve elsewhere also.

I don't think any of those 3 are on roster next year

13 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I don't think any of those 3 are on roster next year

I don’t think so either barring a huge step this year, and even then, I wouldn’t count on it because re-signing a one year might not be top priority.

I’m worried about their ability to contribute this year though.

4 minutes ago, EMAW_KSU said:

I don’t think so either barring a huge step this year, and even then, I wouldn’t count on it because re-signing a one year might not be top priority.

I’m worried about their ability to contribute this year though.

I meant this year sorry. I think they all get cut in the offseason at some point

20 minutes ago, TedLavie said:

I meant this year sorry. I think they all get cut in the offseason at some point

Hard to say, if Love to see KC take 2 WRs because of the quality in this draft. Problem is, we save nothing, and I think Skyy actually costs more to cut. So, while not a stretch to think it could happen, their “warm body” needs to be replaced. I do think if our new rugger can return kicks and punts Toney though a net zero will be gone.  I can’t imagine his antics sat well with anyone at the end of last year.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Regarding Edge, I would love to be mistaken. However, there are only three warm bodies and one of them is FAU. 

There's more than that if you'd care to look.

2 hours ago, onejayhawk said:

Is there a point here? When MVS moved back to WR2 his game improved. What more needs to be said?

In what way exactly? By you picking this hill to die on I'm starting to be convinced you don't watch many games imo.

If you said "he had some clutch catches in the playoffs" ok that's fair but dude did literally NOTHING all season long. If we're gonna say he was the #2 for the second half of the season which many concede is about when Rice started to emerge, MVS had 9 catches from week 8 on. Where did he improve?! He didn't. Its just a fact. 

Please stop acting like just because you said it, it means it's a fact. 

3 hours ago, TedLavie said:

They'll be more likely to make it just from a cost perspective. At least with Moore and Toney. What you save from cutting them isn't even going to cover the minimum contract guy who takes their place from a salary cap perspective, so you effectively lose money from cutting them. So the team basically needs to see them as an active detriment to justify the move, which maybe with Toney, but probably not with Moore.

Ross, maybe, but they'd PS squad him if anything. Then it's just a question if anyone else wants to have him on the active roster to steal him.

1 hour ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

There's more than that if you'd care to look.

According to Spotrac, this is the list

Charles Omenihu    DE    
George Karlaftis    DE    
Felix Anudike-Uzomah    DE
Tershawn Wharton    DE    
Isaiah Buggs    DE    
Matt Dickerson    DE   
B.J. Thompson    DE   
Jordan Smith    DE    
Truman Jones    DE  
Michael Danna    DE 

Buggs and Wharton are mislabeled DT. We have Karlaftis, Danna, FAU, and no one else until Omenihu comes back.

In what way exactly? By you picking this hill to die on I'm starting to be convinced you don't watch many games imo. If you said "he had some clutch catches in the playoffs" ok that's fair but dude did literally NOTHING all season long. If we're gonna say he was the #2 for the second half of the season which many concede is about when Rice started to emerge, MVS had 9 catches from week 8 on. Where did he improve?! He didn't. Its just a fact. 

MVS is gone. Why are we still talking about him?

As you say, he played better in the playoffs. Enough said.

Please stop acting like just because you said it, it means it's a fact. 

You are acting as if we could draft someone at #32 who could step in and take MVS's place. Not in this offense.

The team chose to go with Hollywood Brown instead. That's what makes it fact.

36 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

MVS is gone. Why are we still talking about him?

As you say, he played better in the playoffs. Enough said

That's not what you said. Where was the improvement? There wasn't. Don't switch it up now lol

37 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

You are acting as if we could draft someone at #32 who could step in and take MVS's place. Not in this offense

Yeah how could we ever find someone to replace 20 catches for 300 yards and a td and 84 drops as a 1 or 2 in our wr pecking order WITH Patrick freaking Mahomes? Yeah you got it. 

So just so I got this right: MVS was a up and comer #2 in your book and Watson is the GOAT #3. Let's just boot Hollywood and run everything back just the way it was since we had such legends. Why upgrade at all.

Man, like was stated....a WALL. I'm out

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chiefs_5627 said:

Yeah how could we ever find someone to replace 20 catches for 300 yards and a td and 84 drops as a 1 or 2 in our wr pecking order WITH Patrick freaking Mahomes? Yeah you got it. 

Hollywood Brown.

Why are we still talking about a done deal?

So just so I got this right: MVS was a up and comer #2 in your book and Watson is the GOAT #3. Let's just boot Hollywood and run everything back just the way it was since we had such legends. Why upgrade at all.

None of that is close. When MVS was no longer the WR1 he figured out how to be useful in the playoffs, nothing more

Man, like was stated....a WALL. I'm out

Facts are like that.