Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

We need Brock to be regular season brock in order to win this game. And that doesn't mean he needs to throw for 350 and 4td. Far from it. Dude can be 16 - 20, 185 yards and a TD and that would be fine as well. A stat line like that tells me that the gameplan is going well and CMC is seeing a ton of carries, maybe we got some turnovers. 

But we need him to be that efficiency monster. 

There's just no way in hell that I'm putting faith in this defense to get the job done. They can't play right now. And you can't make up for a lackluster defense with a mediocre offensive game as well. 

It's go time. You have to come to play and you have to get it done. That may even go for Shanny more than Brock, tbh. 

• Like 4

How I view Kyle in the playoffs sometimes, unfortunately. not all the time, of course....because he's done way more good than bad in the playoffs....but he's got that quality about him where I'm just worried he's going to get nervous about something at the wrong time and it'll cost him. Maybe it just happens once or twice, but it's enough. 

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Sam QT'd the figure and acknowledge the sample / circumstances, but the main point is the end of Sam's comment here: 

"You have to think SF needs him better than that to beat Mahomes in a SB"

And that's that. That's what matters because context, excuses....all perfectly valid. But his playoff games (4 total now) have been....uneven...I think it's fair to say. 

And you're going to need better than uneven to beat Mahomes. That's just the truth. 

Yes, I would agree. Along with the entire offense. 

On 2/2/2024 at 2:34 PM, NinerNation21 said:

I actually think our coverage has improved this season, but our front 7 play has taken a severe nosedive. 

This is certainly the best I can remember 49ers corners playing, but we've also gotten completely timed up by offenses. Our 3rd down defense has been bad all year because we are so predictable. Seems like the offense calls the perfect play against us time and time again. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

We need Brock to be regular season brock in order to win this game. And that doesn't mean he needs to throw for 350 and 4td. Far from it. Dude can be 16 - 20, 185 yards and a TD and that would be fine as well. A stat line like that tells me that the gameplan is going well and CMC is seeing a ton of carries, maybe we got some turnovers. 

But we need him to be that efficiency monster. 

There's just no way in hell that I'm putting faith in this defense to get the job done. They can't play right now. And you can't make up for a lackluster defense with a mediocre offensive game as well. 

It's go time. You have to come to play and you have to get it done. That may even go for Shanny more than Brock, tbh. 

And for the offensive line. I think that the right play for the any defense against us is to bring five guys on most plays from various angles, drawing a 5-0 call and 5 one on one blocks where you can beat up on our 4 bad offensive linemen and profit when one or two of them screws up that situation every play. Meanwhile, Brock has to decipher your rotation with a guard in his lap. You can’t just have five static down linemen like the Eagles - too static and easy to decipher quickly. And you can’t bring six plus - Brock is still awesome at knowing when and where there’s a guy that’s his and what to do about it. Our linemen have to punish that fluidity in the run game and by holding up just long enough for enough plays that Brock can make them pay on the back end.

7 hours ago, TecmoSuperJoe said:

Yes, I would agree. Along with the entire offense. 

Mind you, Brock’s bad passing game turned into a fine grade in pff’s metrics (and on the field) because of 3 big time throws and the monster scrambling day. You don’t want to rely on crazy playmaking, but it also happened and it matters that he can get at defenses this way when he encounters friction.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Forge said:

Honestly, this whole thing just has bad vibes lol 

This is where the conspiracy theories come in about how the League (ala Goodell) is rigging the game to allow Taylor Swift to win her first Super Bowl and the NFL rakes in massive amounts of cheddar.....

Pound the rock with CMC and force the KC defense to sell out against the run while missing a starting DE and starting DT. Double-team Kelce every. freaking. play. that he's on the field, shut down KC's running game, and force Mahomes to beat you with MVS and Toney. Use play-action and force the KC defense to try and contain Aiyuk, Samuel, Kittle, and CMC as a receiver out of the backfield simultaneously. Chew up the clock on offense and keep Kermit on the sidelines.

If SF can do all that successfully, I wouldn't be surprised if y'all win and it's not that close. As it is, I'm predicting a 38-35 Niners victory (CMC as MVP).

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, RaidersForever said:

This is where the conspiracy theories come in about how the League (ala Goodell) is rigging the game to allow Taylor Swift to win her first Super Bowl and the NFL rakes in massive amounts of cheddar.....

It's a bad look for the league given the struggles last year. Like, sodding over artificial turf a week before? When it's supposed to be done nearly 2 months ago? Just an awful look. 

But ultimately the 49ers will make a decision on what to do and they have to live with that. You should be calling it out now so that you can't complain about it later. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's a bad look for the league given the struggles last year. Like, sodding over artificial turf a week before? When it's supposed to be done nearly 2 months ago? Just an awful look. 

But ultimately the 49ers will make a decision on what to do and they have to live with that. You should be calling it out now so that you can't complain about it later. 

Well this SB is basically the Niners vs America! Everyone is picking the Chiefs or rooting for the Chiefs outside of Niners fans. I would imagine the stadium will have more Chiefs fans as well. Or wait maybe more Chiefs fans via default b/c they've only now discovered the Chiefs b/c they're Taylor Swift fans lol!

I expect all the TV personalities on NFL Network, ESPN & CBS to pick the Chiefs when it comes time to make game picks.

I think this is one of the few times in SB history where the SB favorite basically feels like an underdog lol! 

The Chiefs are 11-0 when allowing under 20 points and 3-6 when they allow more than 20 points.

The Niners four losses with Purdy at QB have come with the offense scoring 17 points. When we get past that amount, it's been all wins. I think the key number in this game is going to be 24. The first team to hit that amount likely wins. 

• Like 1