Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

I think the Chiefs are going to have a Deebo problem. 

I don't know who they put on him. I feel like Sneed lines up with Aiyuk when they run man, and I think McDuffie is a slot guy? 

I'm not sure how much they run zone v man, I know that they blitz a lot so I think that they are going to have a Deebo problem. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think the Chiefs are going to have a Deebo problem. 

I don't know who they put on him. I feel like Sneed lines up with Aiyuk when they run man, and I think McDuffie is a slot guy? 

I'm not sure how much they run zone v man, I know that they blitz a lot so I think that they are going to have a Deebo problem. 

41% man

59% zone 

This is going to be a big Deebo game, both in the run and pass game. He will have his shots to get big yards on crossers and slants as I mentioned earlier this week.

We have to commit to the run and CMC/Deebo will need to have about 27-30 rushes between the two. 

The Chiefs have a great defense but we should be fine moving the ball. Comes down to finishing drives with TDs. 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

41% man

59% zone 

This is going to be a big Deebo game, both in the run and pass game. He will have his shots to get big yards on crossers and slants as I mentioned earlier this week.

We have to commit to the run and CMC/Deebo will need to have about 27-30 rushes between the two. 

The Chiefs have a great defense but we should be fine moving the ball. Comes down to finishing drives with TDs. 

Im surprised to see them run that much man. I thought they were a higher zone team. 

Anyone have any stats on tackling from their secondary? Anecdotally, I think their secondary tackles really well, but I would love to see if that lines up with any stats. 

16 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

41% man

59% zone 

Ok that's all great but when the Niners choose to pass to Debo & Co will the offensive line hold up to allow Brock to be accurate and hit his targets? I know the line didn't hold up against the Ravens and the Chiefs can pass rush just as well as the Ravens do.

Yes I do agree running the ball is the key to having any chance of winning this game and the Niners need to steal a page from what the Bills did to the Chiefs when they ran James Cook all over the Chiefs in the 1st half but somehow got away from it in the 2nd half as the Chiefs made adjustments to stop the run. Also I also learned that the Chiefs not only get gashed by RB's but also QB's tend to rush for big yards against them see Josh Allen and hopefully Brock can move the sticks with his legs if need be.

51 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

Ok that's all great but when the Niners choose to pass to Debo & Co will the offensive line hold up to allow Brock to be accurate and hit his targets? I know the line didn't hold up against the Ravens and the Chiefs can pass rush just as well as the Ravens do.

Yes I do agree running the ball is the key to having any chance of winning this game and the Niners need to steal a page from what the Bills did to the Chiefs when they ran James Cook all over the Chiefs in the 1st half but somehow got away from it in the 2nd half as the Chiefs made adjustments to stop the run. Also I also learned that the Chiefs not only get gashed by RB's but also QB's tend to rush for big yards against them see Josh Allen and hopefully Brock can move the sticks with his legs if need be.

The interior OL better find a way to contain Jones or else the offense will be struggling all game long. Look, we know how mediocre or even poor the OL is minus Williams. Purdy just has to be smart in when he takes off and when he takes risks. It will not be easy but I see the OL doing a decent enough of holding up along with our run game being effective that we will move the ball well against them. 

42 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The interior OL better find a way to contain Jones or else the offense will be struggling all game long. Look, we know how mediocre or even poor the OL is minus Williams. Purdy just has to be smart in when he takes off and when he takes risks. It will not be easy but I see the OL doing a decent enough of holding up along with our run game being effective that we will move the ball well against them. 

True that as the only reason why the o-line only game up so few sacks in the regular season is b/c they attempted the fewest passes for the entire regular season. I think Kyle is gonna have to practice what he preaches with using the run over the pass especially on 1st downs. 

I remember Chris Jones got into Jimmy's face in 2019 and caused the Niners drive to stall when up 20-10 in the 4th and then all hell broke lose once the Chiefs got the ball back. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Forge said:

Will need to monitor kittle's toe for the next 8 days

I watched his mic'd up last night. He was not really moving all that well. I would bet it is his left big toe that is bothering him. I was wondering if it was his groin. 

3 minutes ago, NFL Network said:

True that as the only reason why the o-line only game up so few sacks in the regular season is b/c they attempted the fewest passes for the entire regular season. I think Kyle is gonna have to practice what he preaches with using the run over the pass especially on 1st downs. 

I remember Chris Jones got into Jimmy's face in 2019 and caused the Niners drive to stall when up 20-10 in the 4th and then all hell broke lose once the Chiefs got the ball back. 

Definitely, Jones was single handedly shutting out offense down in the 4th quarter.

Speaking of that game, I just watched it yesterday on NFL Network. So freaking frustrating, especially with how well the defense played for 3.5 quarters of that game. 

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Definitely, Jones was single handedly shutting out offense down in the 4th quarter.

Speaking of that game, I just watched it yesterday on NFL Network. So freaking frustrating, especially with how well the defense played for 3.5 quarters of that game. 

Pretty sure Person was on skates at that point. He really should not have been the RG in that game. 

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

All the Niners needed was one more drive to finish the game off and they couldn't finish them off with the run that had been so successful for them that season. I still to this day refuse to watch any replays or highlights of that game b/c it haunts me. I'd rather get routed than to lose in that manner.