Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

Not surprised to see Allen & Mahomes at the top but definitely surprised to see Purdy at #3. I know Allen & Mahomes are difficult to sack b/c of mobility. I know Purdy can be mobile if need be like the Lions game and I think he'll have to do the same against the Chiefs.

22 minutes ago, Forge said:

We need to hope the Chiefs offense reverts back to its regular season struggles, hell they scored 0 points against the Ravens in the AFC title game. The Raiders defense managed to befuddle the Chiefs offense on Christmas Day. 

Kyle Shanahan and Brock Purdy need to win this superbowl. 

No defense on the planet should be able to stop this offense. Just get it done. No fn excuses.

Our defense doesn't need to be elite. It just needs to not be a disaster. Keep Pacheco in check.

Get a couple of key stops, force a couple RZ field goals... 

Let the offense do the rest. 

Edited by Herodreamer79

13 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Kyle Shanahan and Brock Purdy need to win this superbowl. 

No defense on the planet should be able to stop this offense. Just get it done. No fn excuses.

Our defense doesn't need to be elite. It just needs to not be a disaster. Keep Pacheco in check.

Get a couple of key stops, force a couple RZ field goals... 

Let the offense do the rest. 

The niners are a good offense, but they can definitely be stopped.

The nice thing is that the offense that had the most success against the chiefs defense this year was green Bay, and there's going to be a lot of overlap in the offense there

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Forge said:

The niners are a good offense, but they can definitely be stopped.

The nice thing is that the offense that had the most success against the chiefs defense this year was green Bay, and there's going to be a lot of overlap in the offense there

Still not confident though.

It's hard to be confident when you don't have faith in your defense.

Reid vs Wilks seems to be a clear mismatch waiting to happen.

We have the horses but it's how they're deployed and I haven't seen enough from Wilks from a scheming perspective to give me much hope there.

I think he's going to attack our base personnel, then mis-direction & screen us into submission.

KC's offense seems to have found it's rhythm at the most unopportune time for us, unfortunately.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

We have the horses but it's how they're deployed and I haven't seen enough from Wilks from a scheming perspective to give me much hope there.

I think he's going to attack our base personnel, then mis-direction & screen us into submission.

KC's offense seems to have found it's rhythm at the most unopportune time for us, unfortunately.

Nobody should feel confident. 

They have the better defense, possibly the second greatest QB of all time, the greatest offensive mind of the last 30 years lol. 

Don't get to this point and get to play a team like this years Patriots. 

Just going to have to go out there and make plays. 

Was listening to the Ringer and thought it was interesting that Steven Ruiz thought that Wilks had a lot at stake in this game because he could see a scenario where the niners lose this game and Wilks gets the boot. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

The Ravens have a great defense but the Chiefs scored a grand total of 17 points and were completely shutdown in the 2nd half. In fact, they had like 65 total yards until the last big 3rd down conversion.

I do agree that the offense is playing better and they were close to unstoppable moving the ball against the Dolphins and Bills. They do tend to settle for a lot of FGs in the RZ so that's one battle we need to win.

It's not supposed to be easy and the Chiefs are a TALL TALL task, especially with Mahomes at QB. But we got a great shot of dethroning the defending champs. 

• Like 2