Super Bowl: San Francisco 49ers vs Kansas City Chiefs

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I should be very nervous with the Chiefs having a top 2 defense and having freaking a top 2-3 QB of all time in Mahomes....but like for some reason I feel pretty good about this game? Majority of the picks are for the Chiefs this game, despite them being Vegas dogs. I don't know, I just feel good about what our offense can do and I think our defense will fare better than it did in the first two games.  

They have their weaknesses.  Their OT's are shaky & Thuney is out, so we can do better against the run & getting pressure. Their DL outside of Jones are not great. They can be run on. If they commit to the run too much, Brock can air it out to Aiyuk or send a short pass to the YAC monsters Deebo & Kittle 

Kelce is a stud, but i think we put Mooney on him. Lenoir covers their top WR Rashee Rice. Warner/Greenlaw/Ryan or Thomas clean up the RB's/depth WR's. 

Playing Mahomes, Kelce, Jones, Reid & Spags are always tough don't get me wrong. But there's definitely a path to victory. We just have to take it. 

• Like 3

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2024/2/6/24063078/kyle-shanahan-super-bowl-san-francisco-49ers-legacy

Another good article from The Ringer. 2 notes stood out .

1 was that Armstead is the only player left over before Shanny/Lynch

2nd was there are only 10 players total from the 2019 SB team. I think the players are Juice, Kittle, Dwelley, Deebo, Armstead, Givens, Bosa, DFF, Warner, Greenlaw & Wish? Although that would be 11

Edited by 49ersfan

Ringer power ranking / draft for super bowl MVP

1. Mahomes

2. CMC

3. Pacheco

4. Kelce

5. Bosa

6. Deebo

7. L'jarius sneed

8. Justin Reid

9 Brandon aiyuk

10. Brock Purdy 

If you listen to the pod, the bit was actually pretty funny. Nora had Purdy 5th, but refused to take him to force Ruiz to take him

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Forge said:

Andy Reid vs Kyle isn't much of a contest right now, and overall I'd probably trust the KC coaching staff more than the 49ers staff. 

i could not disagree more. It took Andy Reid 21 years to win a superbowl as a head coach... and he made the playoffs 14 of those 21 seasons and only had 1 superbowl appearance in that span - and the loss was... embarrassing. Andy Reid's teams were notorious for choking in the playoffs. 

it wasn't until he got the greatest QB on the planet who was so good he could win in spite of andy that he all of a sudden he's the greatest coach on the planet who's been to been to 4 superbowls in 6 years with two rings on his fingers. 

Kyle Shanahan has only been a HC for 7 years been to 2 superbowl and been to the postseason 4 times in the last 5 years - never losing before the NFC champ game. 

Kyle is running well ahead of andy's pace already and he's just getting started

Kyle Shanahan is Andy Reid without the greatest QB on the planet... and so far i'd say he's fairing much better than andy did. 

Donavan McNabb and Alex Smith under Reid were way better than Jimmy Garoppolo ever was. 

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Forge said:

Ringer power ranking / draft for super bowl MVP

1. Mahomes

2. CMC

3. Pacheco

4. Kelce

5. Bosa

6. Deebo

7. L'jarius sneed

8. Justin Reid

9 Brandon aiyuk

10. Brock Purdy 

If you listen to the pod, the bit was actually pretty funny. Nora had Purdy 5th, but refused to take him to force Ruiz to take him

Purdy being a QB is top 5 by default.

Deebo will have a bigger impact than Bosa.

Deebo is a front runner to win MVP if niners win maybe more so than CMC 

Kittle should be on here over Aiyuk. I dont think aiyuk is going to get much action. 

Sneed and Reid shouldnt be on here. an offensive player is like 90% to win this 

The Purdy disrespect is pissing me the f**k off 

Edited by Herodreamer79

22 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

I’ll probably be completely wrong, but I think offensively, everyone will contribute and have their plays, but ultimately I think it’ll be the CMC & Deebo show on Sunday 

Me too. There’s explosive runs to be had against the Chiefs - they were just about dead last in defending outside zone for this reason. And they sink deep and force checkdowns well and tackle even better than that. So the YAC bros are going to have to win some battles against their tacklers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 49ersfan said:

I’ll probably be completely wrong, but I think offensively, everyone will contribute and have their plays, but ultimately I think it’ll be the CMC & Deebo show on Sunday 

Said it right when the match up was set that this was going to be a big Deebo and CMC game. It will have to if we are to win. Kittle/Aiyuk will have their opportunities but these two will be getting majority of the touches. Purdy will need to be very patient and not get overly aggressive when it is not necessary. The Chiefs will give you the underneath stuff and they want you to risk it and force the ball as they are great in preventing big plays. As good as Snead and McDuffie are as well as Watson, Aiyuk will still win his fair share of battles and when he DOES have a true one on one opportunity, giving him a chance is a must. Still, what will be available is what Deebo thrives in. This needs to be one of those 2021 games where he takes over from start to finish. 130-140+ yards with a TD. Likewise for CMC. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Packers2021 said:

I apologize to Niner fans if I was a sore loser when we lost to you guys. I’m pulling for you guys to win the SB. I hate KC. SF has a likeable team.

I don’t like the Pack much but when you won your SB I was pulling for Nick Collins, you guys will be great going forward

1 hour ago, Packers2021 said:

I apologize to Niner fans if I was a sore loser when we lost to you guys. I’m pulling for you guys to win the SB. I hate KC. SF has a likeable team.

12 minutes ago, Manny/Patrick said:

I don’t like the Pack much but when you won your SB I was pulling for Nick Collins, you guys will be great going forward

My mom and sister are both big Packers fans. It's been great lately when we've faced them in the playoffs, but if the Niners are out and the Packers are in I generally don't root against the Packers just for my family's sake. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

i could not disagree more. It took Andy Reid 21 years to win a superbowl as a head coach... and he made the playoffs 14 of those 21 seasons and only had 1 superbowl appearance in that span - and the loss was... embarrassing. Andy Reid's teams were notorious for choking in the playoffs. 

it wasn't until he got the greatest QB on the planet who was so good he could win in spite of andy that he all of a sudden he's the greatest coach on the planet who's been to been to 4 superbowls in 6 years with two rings on his fingers. 

Kyle Shanahan has only been a HC for 7 years been to 2 superbowl and been to the postseason 4 times in the last 5 years - never losing before the NFC champ game. 

Kyle is running well ahead of andy's pace already and he's just getting started

Kyle Shanahan is Andy Reid without the greatest QB on the planet... and so far i'd say he's fairing much better than andy did. 

Donavan McNabb and Alex Smith under Reid were way better than Jimmy Garoppolo ever was. 

The pace really doesn't matter. Kyle being better than 2006 Andy Reid doesn't mean that he's better than 2024 Andy Reid, mainly because  you can't separate the QB from the coach. People aren't removing BB from greatest coach conversation because he had brady and likewise, nobody puts Marty up higher on the list because he did most of his work with mediocre qbs. Everyone generally acknowledges that right now Kyle is in his early Andy reid phase. He has to win to put that to bed. Narratives don't care about context. 

Andy has Mahomes and that allows him to take more chances, take more risks which mitigates his own flaws. 

Andy has won the whole thing (multiple times), Kyle has not. 

Andy's work with an extra week to prepare is well known at this point.  Andy and Patrick's performance against top defenses is pretty legendary  and their ability to come back is well known. Andy has made critical, big time decisions. Going for it on 4th down in the previous super bowl. Against Cleveland in the playoffs he had Chad Henne at qb and still made a big boy decision to go for it on 4th. 

Kyle wants to get more recognition as a closer, he has to close. Point blank. 

• Like 3