The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

This is reminiscent of the Rivera thread when we hired him. From disdain to "well its not really all that bad". This is literally the same thing as hiring Rivera. The exact same thing. If you hire Quinn you will be doing this same search 3-4 seasons from now. I understand folks are just trying to come to grips with what is transpiring but this would be a bad hire and by all accounts, it appears to be him. I don't even see anyone else being talked about by the local media as much as Quinn. All that is being done now is just softening the blow to the fanbase. And Sheehan can say all he wants about not caring what the fanbase thinks but don't cry when the team is 6-9 and no fans are at the game. 

If we're hiring Quinn we might as well trade down from 2. I have zero confidence in him grooming a young QB and we might as well just build up the roster for whoever the new coach is in a few years when Quinn is inevitably fired. 

1 minute ago, MKnight82 said:

If we're hiring Quinn we might as well trade down from 2. I have zero confidence in him grooming a young QB and we might as well just build up the roster for whoever the new coach is in a few years when Quinn is inevitably fired. 

This thought has certainly crossed my mind.

I won’t make up my mind on the issue until I see who they land as the OC and what they do in FA — but there’s not much sense in investing heavily in a young quarterback if you’re not going to put the infrastructure in place to properly develop him.

8 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I tend to agree. The idea that he will last as long or longer than the contract he signs here is just silly to me. He's going to fail. He's a good DC when he has a butt load of talent to coach and mediocre when he doesn't. All we're doing is hiring Rivera 2.0. People can cope and say that's not the truth and talk themselves into it but going after Quinn because he's a leader of men and totally disregarding the fact that he got absolutely waxed by LaFluer is just stupid. MacDonald meanwhile ate everybody's lunch but I guess he doesn't "hu rah!" loud enough or something. 

Adam Schefter 

A youth movement in Seattle: Seahawks are expected to hire Ravens’ defensive coordinator Mike Macdonald as their new head coach, league sources tell ESPN. They’re still finalizing the deal, but Seattle has its man.

At 36, Macdonald now becomes the NFL’s youngest head coach.

16 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

I am now on board with this. 

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Another one gone. Looks more and more that Dan is the Man for the DMV. 

This is like a kid picking colleges.  Dan Quinn is Harris' backup/safe choice.  Harris won't commit and meanwhile he is missing out on the options.

Maybe Harris needs to kick Meyers to the curb and bring in Dan Snyder to help him close the deal...