The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

9 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I think Weaver, Glenn and Quinn all fit the bill of leaders of men. I think Johnson and MacDonald both probably fit as well, but at the end of the day it didn't work out with them. 

I’m not so sure on Johnson at this point.  But we wont know for sure until when/if he gets a head coaching job.  He could easily be the next McVay, or DeFillippo.  

25 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

You seem to be lumping me in with some other crap you're reading online. I just don't want Dan Quinn. 

But as @Slappy Mcalready pointed out, you literally said Johnson or we riot.  So either you’re moving the goal posts, or you just posted that to get a few fake footballs.  

Nothing wrong with either of those things, but you’ve definitely not just solely been on the “anyone but Quinn” wagon 

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I’m not so sure on Johnson at this point.  But we wont know for sure until when/if he gets a head coaching job.  He could easily be the next McVay, or DeFillippo.  

I think Johnson is a heck of a coach. I think he made a decision based off his gut and I can't fault the guy. However, I think the timing of it and ultimately the way it was announced was very unprofessional. Very likely that at least some of the teams with HC vacancies remember this situation. 

I also think he missed a golden opportunity (not just here but anywhere) that may not come around again. If Detroit bombs next year, I doubt he gets the same looks. 

22 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

But as @Slappy Mcalready pointed out, you literally said Johnson or we riot.  So either you’re moving the goal posts, or you just posted that to get a few fake footballs.  

Nothing wrong with either of those things, but you’ve definitely not just solely been on the “anyone but Quinn” wagon 

It was a joke. Lighten up

3 hours ago, Slappy Mc said:

Trust. The. Process.

Why should we trust the process? 

The process clearly isn't going well if it hasn't resolved yet.

We are currently the last girl at the dance and all the most in demand dance partners chose other options including, not dancing at all,  just going home.  We started planning our attendance to the dance 6 months ago.  We didn't expect to the last one standing.

5 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Schefter said on sports center that Washington is in no rush to hire anyone and will likely interview more candidates.

Starting now? Hmmm. Wonder why... 

10 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Schefter said on sports center that Washington is in no rush to hire anyone and will likely interview more candidates.

I seen him also and I thought he said they’ll decide if they have enough finalists. I didn’t think it was a given but I might have misunderstood. 

13 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Interview who? Lol. Who the hell is left. And if it ends up being Quinn they really didn’t want it to be if this is the route they’re going.