The Commanders Head Coaching Thread - Commanders hire Dan Quinn, Dallas Cowboys DC

6 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I will turn around eventually. Like I said, I'll need a week to cope with the disappointment of the last couple days, complain about staff potentially, then I will bounce back and move into offseason mode. 

I will do the long-term hating for you my friend lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lavar703 said:

I will do the long-term hating for you my friend lol

I volunteer for the role of initial disappointment, followed by an offseason of hopeful apologist posts, followed by outright fury the first time he misuses a timeout or kicks a short FG on 4th and 3. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

Everywhere you look the OC is the biggest hire for this team. It’s Massive! Very anxious to see this Massive hire. 

Plot twist, Kliff Kingsbury comes here and we trade up for Caleb Williams. 

2 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I mean, maybe I'm still drunk, but I think so. 

My first reaction...they panicked.  The most unimaginative hire you could come up with. 

No doubt, they will shortly be spreading rumors around league circles (snyder style) that he was their top choice and they almost signed him sooner.  

3 minutes ago, offbyone said:

My first reaction...they panicked.  The most unimaginative hire you could come up with. 

No doubt, they will shortly be spreading rumors around league circles (snyder style) that he was their top choice and they almost signed him sooner.  

I don't think Adam Peters and Josh Harris are going to be spreading rumors. And as crazy as it sounds, Dan Quinn may have actually been their top guy all along. Leadership was the top priority stated by Harris and Peters in the HC search and I'm not sure anyone we interviewed had it more than him. 

17 minutes ago, Slappy Mc said:

I don't think Adam Peters and Josh Harris are going to be spreading rumors. And as crazy as it sounds, Dan Quinn may have actually been their top guy all along. Leadership was the top priority stated by Harris and Peters in the HC search and I'm not sure anyone we interviewed had it more than him. 

Exactly.  I am cautiously optimistic here.  At the very least, we have a legit front office and head coach right now, with the decisions made exactly as they should have been made.  

1 minute ago, ARTMONK HOF said:

I’ll say this about Dan Quinn, you will get plenty of passion and emotion/enthusiasm that was lacking from arms folded Ron. 

well, I do like to hear that. I've had it up my eyeballs with Stoic Ron !! 

Our defense is tailor made to Quinn likness. We have no LB's and that was the case in Big D which made Quinn use alot of nickle and dime coverages. It will be interesting who he hires as a OC. I really wanted a young HC like Johnson hmmm what was that all about. We waited for him and turned us down. However Quinn is the pick so I have to support him as our HC.