Raiders to hire Luke Getsy as OC

9 hours ago, bucksavage1 said:

bro still mad that his boys Josh Dave and Jimmy got out coached, out played by a rookie mid round QB and Rookie coach interim coach

Bro still thinks that shouting Raiders and wearing a starter jacket makes you a competent NFL HC. 

5 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Yes they do to some extent but I think context matters just as much. He may well flop, AP may flop, we simply don’t know. But when you actually look at Getty’s body of work, there were a number of really well designed plays. I guess we’re hopeful that whomever plays QB for us won’t be quite as bad as Fields.

Wouldn’t you want to stick around if AP doesn’t flop? Surely that would mean we’re successful no?

So, if you’re right you’re going to stay to gloat but if you’re wrong and the team does well, you’re going to leave forever…………. sounds counterproductive and a bit immature honestly.

I got you so a few random YouTube clips mean more than 2 years of actual failure on the field. 

3 hours ago, Styrian Raider said:

Did you really expect something else?
But honestly I don't think, that anybody who "threatens" to leave this forum or join another fanbase will ever do us that favour.

Will AP stans follow him to his new job? Or are they uninterested in HS football?

9 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I got you so a few random YouTube clips mean more than 2 years of actual failure on the field. 

I think you have to look at the reasons for failure, can we see open guys that the play design has created and are they just being missed? Or, are routes converging, on a third and 3 are we running 4 go routes etc. it’s the nuance that informs the opinion.

If you’re just making decisions based on results then you’re doomed to fail. You absolutely need to know why something fails or succeeds. Science 101.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

I think you have to look at the reasons for failure, can we see open guys that the play design has created and are they just being missed? Or, are routes converging, on a third and 3 are we running 4 go routes etc. it’s the nuance that informs the opinion.

If you’re just making decisions based on results then you’re doomed to fail. You absolutely need to know why something fails or succeeds. Science 101.

Unless you were in the locker room you’re not going to know why something failed. 

Regardless it’s being extremely generous to say that Getsy did a good job with Chicago. Especially if you’re going to put the majority of the blame on fields when they have the #1 pick. If he is such a great offensive mind and play developer why didn’t they want him to mentor Caleb Williams? 

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Will AP stans follow him to his new job? Or are they uninterested in HS football?

Come on nyniner I thought you were done with us why not bless the niner forum with your greatness. Or nycharger I know they need some fans

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Come on nyniner I thought you were done with us why not bless the niner forum with your greatness. Or nycharger I know they need some fans

Why can’t anyone give me legitimate reasons that Telesco, Getsy, or AP were good hires. It’s almost as if failing in the past is a pretty good indicator of future performance. 

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Why can’t anyone give me legitimate reasons that Telesco, Getsy, or AP were good hires. It’s almost as if failing in the past is a pretty good indicator of future performance. 

Bruh people here have offered tons of legitimate reasons for all three. Just like we did for jimmy you just refuse to acknowledge them then start talking about what kinda clothes another man wears. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Bruh people here have offered tons of legitimate reasons for all three. Just like we did for jimmy you just refuse to acknowledge them then start talking about what kinda clothes another man wears. 

This full grown man is not here to discuss football in good faith. He is here to agitate and troll. I don’t know why ya’ll pay him any mind 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I only like 1 of the hires- and I mean like, not love- and I'm here to tell you that's nonsense. 

1. Telesco is pretty solid in the draft, especially round 1, where we've struggled. 

2. Getsy coordinated a really good run game- which at present is our key strength. 

3. AP gives us some continuity instead of a whole new regime- which puts us at least a half season or more ahead in the grand scheme of things. 

There. 3 good reasons. From someone who doesn't even like 2 of the hires for a plethora of other reasons. 

Edited by ronjon1990
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, ronjon1990 said:

I only like 1 of the hires- and I mean like, not love- and I'm here to tell you that's nonsense. 

1. Telesco is pretty solid in the draft, especially round 1, where we've struggled. 

2. Getsy coordinated a really good run game- which at present is our key strength. 

3. AP gives us some continuity instead of a whole new regime- which puts us at least a half season or more ahead in the grand scheme of things. 

There. 3 good reasons. From someone who doesn't even like 2 of the hires for a plethora of other reasons. 

Telesco won nothing in the division in a decade plus with two franchise QB.

The Bears run game success was heavily influenced by Fields putting up historic rushing numbers. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I’d like to hear the reasons why Telesco and Getsy were good hires. And if you truly believe those things then why did they just get canned by teams that were worse than us?

18 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I’d like to hear the reasons why Telesco and Getsy were good hires. And if you truly believe those things then why did they just get canned by teams that were worse than us?

For Telesco I would say because he can draft(which in my opinion is what matters most for a GM, especially on our team). Sure he sucks at contracts but we have a guy for that so its irrelevant. The only real negative to me is that he cant make a good HC hire to save his life. So his success in alot of ways is dependent on AP working out. 

No reason for Getsy though

Edited by Jeremy408
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Unless you were in the locker room you’re not going to know why something failed. 

Regardless it’s being extremely generous to say that Getsy did a good job with Chicago. Especially if you’re going to put the majority of the blame on fields when they have the #1 pick. If he is such a great offensive mind and play developer why didn’t they want him to mentor Caleb Williams? 

Of course you are! If the play design has a guy running wide open and the QB runs around like a headless chicken in a clean pocket and then gets himself sacked it’s pretty obvious what went wrong. It’s not going to show everything, such as why the QB missed, what was his first read or progression but it’s certainly much better than just looking at the box score 😁

I’m certainly not a ‘fan boy’ of Luke Getsy but when you look at the evidence, some of the vitriol is certainly questionable to say the least. He may well be a bust, not in any way saying he’s a sure thing, but I can see some positives there and at least some rational as to why he was signed. 

There’s a myriad of reasons why an OC might be let go, him being poor is one, scapegoat could be another, maybe they feel they need a new start and an upgrade, maybe the OC and the HC didn’t see eye to eye. Who knows. 

2 hours ago, jpaulthe1st said:

This full grown man is not here to discuss football in good faith. He is here to agitate and troll. I don’t know why ya’ll pay him any mind 

I’m not sure he’s a full grown man, i suspect he’s a teenager from how he writes and argues. 

• Like 3