Raiders to hire Luke Getsy as OC

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Based on what? Because it can't be based on his actual performance, the Bears offense was a disaster over the last two seasons and he killed Fields development.

When you actually look at the play designs (you know, as opposed to just box score scouting) then you can see what he did that was good, what wasn’t good and what was drawn up well but not executed.

Ive watched a few breakdowns in Getsy and I’m pretty content that he’ll design a good running game, some deep threats and our TE will be used well. Fields missed a heck of a lot of plays last year that were there for the taking. It’s not all good though and there was some issue with routes converging and lots of go routes plus he seems over reliant on screens at times (though that may have been because of the QB limitations).

I saw plenty good and some bad but reason to be optimistic. We don’t even know who our QB is going to be so it’s hard to say exactly what he’ll do and scheme up at this point.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

When you actually look at the play designs (you know, as opposed to just box score scouting) then you can see what he did that was good, what wasn’t good and what was drawn up well but not executed.

Ive watched a few breakdowns in Getsy and I’m pretty content that he’ll design a good running game, some deep threats and our TE will be used well. Fields missed a heck of a lot of plays last year that were there for the taking. It’s not all good though and there was some issue with routes converging and lots of go routes plus he seems over reliant on screens at times (though that may have been because of the QB limitations).

I saw plenty good and some bad but reason to be optimistic. We don’t even know who our QB is going to be so it’s hard to say exactly what he’ll do and scheme up at this point.

So results don't matter? The Bears offense was miserable the last two seasons and they decided to move on. How well have retread hires worked here the last few years? He'll flop, AP will flop, and we'll have a new regime in the building in under 24 months, I guarantee it or I'll leave this forum forever.

2 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

So results don't matter? The Bears offense was miserable the last two seasons and they decided to move on. How well have retread hires worked here the last few years? He'll flop, AP will flop, and we'll have a new regime in the building in under 24 months, I guarantee it or I'll leave this forum forever.

Just leave now instead 

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Good coordinators are usually able to develop their players, see Josh Allen, Mahomes, Lamar, etc. Fields regressed under Getsy because he wasn't willing to build his system around his strengths.

Fields actually improved under Getsy but really slowly so maybe Fields is just slow. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

If AP is still the coach here in the 2026 offseason I leave forever if he isn’t you leave forever 

Been here since 05, and I'm not going anywhere my man. Damn, as much as you dish out? Take a joke. Btw, have you seen ANY posts proclaiming AP as the "truth" from me?.....didn't think so. Lol  I did however say I wanted harbs n Dodds. Fwiw.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Yes they do to some extent but I think context matters just as much. He may well flop, AP may flop, we simply don’t know. But when you actually look at Getty’s body of work, there were a number of really well designed plays. I guess we’re hopeful that whomever plays QB for us won’t be quite as bad as Fields.

Wouldn’t you want to stick around if AP doesn’t flop? Surely that would mean we’re successful no?

So, if you’re right you’re going to stay to gloat but if you’re wrong and the team does well, you’re going to leave forever…………. sounds counterproductive and a bit immature honestly.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Devilshark69 said:

Been here since 05, and I'm not going anywhere my man. Damn, as much as you dish out? Take a joke. Btw, have you seen ANY posts proclaiming AP as the "truth" from me?.....didn't think so. Lol  I did however say I wanted harbs n Dodds. Fwiw.

I feel like you and I are Gen X trying to have a normal discussion with a Gen Z and it’s turning into an internet meme 😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

Yes they do to some extent but I think context matters just as much. He may well flop, AP may flop, we simply don’t know. But when you actually look at Getty’s body of work, there were a number of really well designed plays. I guess we’re hopeful that whomever plays QB for us won’t be quite as bad as Fields.

Wouldn’t you want to stick around if AP doesn’t flop? Surely that would mean we’re successful no?

So, if you’re right you’re going to stay to gloat but if you’re wrong and the team does well, you’re going to leave forever…………. sounds counterproductive and a bit immature honestly.

Did you really expect something else?
But honestly I don't think, that anybody who "threatens" to leave this forum or join another fanbase will ever do us that favour.

• Like 1