What do the Broncos do at QB?

BroncoSojia

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

True but the Broncos are on a historical run of bad decisions. 3 1sts / 3 2nds for Russell Wilson and Sean Payton

We traded the first that we got for Chubb, so I think that was a wash. A net 2nd round pick for a great coach is good value, or dare I say Great Value.

8 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

We traded the first that we got for Chubb, so I think that was a wash. A net 2nd round pick for a great coach is good value, or dare I say Great Value.

A great coach that couldn't salvage Wilson and led you to 8 wins

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of Tannehill, Dobbs, and Wentz, I'm not sure there's anyone left lol. I know media people keep saying that we like Stidham, but there's no way he's plan A at QB for the season unless the plan is to tank. I gotta think that we're targeting someone in the draft, either on a trade up or trade back.

40 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Outside of Tannehill, Dobbs, and Wentz, I'm not sure there's anyone left lol. I know media people keep saying that we like Stidham, but there's no way he's plan A at QB for the season unless the plan is to tank. I gotta think that we're targeting someone in the draft, either on a trade up or trade back.

Do the Broncos dare draft Nix or Penix at 12? Like you said, there aren't any good vets out there and I think Caleb/Maye/Daniels and JJ are all gone in the top 5. 

21 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Do the Broncos dare draft Nix or Penix at 12? Like you said, there aren't any good vets out there and I think Caleb/Maye/Daniels and JJ are all gone in the top 5. 

I would like Nix on a trade back. Penix doesn’t throw over the middle of the field, so he doesn’t fit what Payton wants in a QB.

6 hours ago, General Tso said:

Wonder if they tried for Fields.

I'd put down good money that they were one of the teams that was reportedly in on Sam Howell.  Not Fields though.  That fit just never made any sense with Payton.

At this point though...maybe it's time to let the Blaine Train leave the station again?  Chooo chooo.

But no, it's basically just Stidham by default.  Tannehill is the only FA left worth anything that might be an upgrade, and that's heavily debatable.

I think they've basically either gotta sell the farm to go up and beat out a couple of teams for Daniels/Maye/McCarthy...or it's drafting Nix/Penix/Rattler/Pratt...or one of the other guys and just throwing up a prayer.

I could see them outbidding the Raiders for a guy.  Vegas at least have a plenty capable stopgap in place with Moustache and AOC in their hip pocket.  They don't have to get desperate this year if it's not there.  Whether just beating out the Raiders is enough though...tenuous at best.

Curious if we would see NY Giants move Danny Dimes despite the huge dead cap repercussions, if they decide that they should grab a QB while they're up there in the draft.  Would that come into play for Denver?

11 hours ago, Tugboat said:

I'd put down good money that they were one of the teams that was reportedly in on Sam Howell.  Not Fields though.  That fit just never made any sense with Payton.

At this point though...maybe it's time to let the Blaine Train leave the station again?  Chooo chooo.

But no, it's basically just Stidham by default.  Tannehill is the only FA left worth anything that might be an upgrade, and that's heavily debatable.

I think they've basically either gotta sell the farm to go up and beat out a couple of teams for Daniels/Maye/McCarthy...or it's drafting Nix/Penix/Rattler/Pratt...or one of the other guys and just throwing up a prayer.

I could see them outbidding the Raiders for a guy.  Vegas at least have a plenty capable stopgap in place with Moustache and AOC in their hip pocket.  They don't have to get desperate this year if it's not there.  Whether just beating out the Raiders is enough though...tenuous at best.

Curious if we would see NY Giants move Danny Dimes despite the huge dead cap repercussions, if they decide that they should grab a QB while they're up there in the draft.  Would that come into play for Denver?

Broncos great Shannon Sharpe was recently asked about Jones to Denver on Twitter, and I pretty much agreed with his response:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tyler735 said:

Pretty sure the Saints would let Taysom Hill go for pick #12. Sean Payton could have his "Steve Young type QB" under center for him again in Denver 😂

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2890012-report-sean-payton-believes-taysom-hill-could-be-steve-young-type-qb

We've been over that in this thread.

On 2/8/2024 at 2:47 PM, BroncoSojia said:

Please don't make me argue about Taysom Hill lol.

32 minutes ago, BroncoSojia said:

Broncos great Shannon Sharpe was recently asked about Jones to Denver on Twitter, and I pretty much agreed with his response:

I mean, if i were a Broncos fan, i'd agree.  😆

But it still doesn't answer the question of...wtf are they gonna do, if they don't land a guy in the draft who can start...relatively soon?  Because, i like Stidham more than most probably.  But uh...you can't do that for long.