Lamar Jackson MVP

goldfishwars

1 hour ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Yeah and more to the point, Peyton won 2 MVPs before he won his first Super Bowl 3 years later.

I just hate seeing that stat thrown out. Lamar still has plenty of time to re-write the narrative on his career.

Also the narrative is undeniably great now. People who thought he'd be great when he came in to the league were right. People who thought he couldn't be a franchise QB or that he'd have a very short period of viability were wrong. No more data needed for that.

It's all team milestones and comparisons to other historically great players now for Lamar discourse, now.

Edited by wackywabbit
  • Like 3

17 hours ago, Jakuvious said:

Voting for Allen over Jackson this year is far more justifiable than the vast majority of seasons' contrarian votes. Someone voted Tom Brady at 25 TDs to 11 INTs over the 5500 yard 55 TD season Peyton had in 2013. Brett Favre got a vote over 2007 Brady. Vick got one over 2004 Peyton. This is dramatically more justifiable than what usually happens.

If anything, the weirder thing is that there was only one vote that wasn't for Jackson. It's the same voters as the all-pro team. Jackson got 45 out of 50 first team all-pro votes. So 2 guys had Purdy as their first team all-pro QB, and 2 guys had Prescott as their first team all-pro QB, but all 4 voted for Jackson for MVP? Like, what?

I agree with this. Given how rare unanimous MVPs are, it is surprising this was close to being one.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AngusMcFife said:

Steve Young won his Super Bowl in his age 33 season.
Peyton Manning won his 30.

Lamar just finished his age 26 season, he has plenty of time.

I'm positive when Dan Marino lost the Super Bowl in his second year, everyone said he'll be back and win at least one. And he's an infinity better passer than Jackson.

3 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

I'm positive when Dan Marino lost the Super Bowl in his second year, everyone said he'll be back and win at least one. And he's an infinity better passer than Jackson.

So you agree that assigning SB victories based on QB greatness doesn't make sense?

1 minute ago, wackywabbit said:

So you agree that assigning SB victories based on QB greatness doesn't make sense?

Nope. Until Jackson demonstrates he can elevate his game in the playoffs, or at least maintain his regular season performance, he'll continue to be clowned on, and deservedly so.

• Like 2

Just now, RuskieTitan said:

Nope. Until Jackson demonstrates he can elevate his game in the playoffs, or at least maintain his regular season performance, he'll continue to be clowned on, and deservedly so.

He'll be clowned on by clowns. Yes.

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

8fbniz.jpg

I'm really flattered that you took the time to generate that meme for me.

A 2-time NFL MVP doesn't need the validation from either of us though. Lamar doesn't NEED to win a super bowl for those on the right side of evaluating his talent/potential to be unequivocally right. That's over. We won.

• Like 2

Just now, El Ramster said:

Lmao. But Peyton and Steve Young when they were older though. Lamar isn’t half the passer those guys were. You put Lamar in a box and he chokes.. 

How are you doing today, friend? Honest personal advice: detach a bit from this

6 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

How are you doing today, friend? Honest personal advice: detach a bit from this

I’m amazing brother. You’re the one that comes running to defend Lamar’s honor every time I get a lick in. At least the bigger choker in Rodgers has won a SB. And he’s a multiple time MVP winner too. I’m all about being hopeful so I know where you’re coming from. I love being right, I love it. It just gets me going. It gives me the ultimate satisfaction. Because had Lamar won I would have been curbed stomped like crazy. I’m just enjoying the moment you know. Petty? Yes, 100% miserable? No. Not at all. I think Lamar is a great human being. Just ain’t got it when you need it the most. Lamar is a Damm good football player and there’s no shame in his game. He’s a beast in the regular season. But when the lights shine the brightest he turns into Kyle Boller. And till I’m proven wrong I’m going full Tupac in hit em up. At least the Orioles are looking great in baseball. 

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

I’m amazing brother. You’re the one that comes running to defend Lamar’s honor every time I get a lick in. At least the bigger choker in Rodgers has won a SB. And he’s a multiple time MVP winner too. I’m all about being hopeful so I know where you’re coming from. I love being right, I love it. It just gets me going. It gives me the ultimate satisfaction. Because had Lamar won I would have been curbed stomped like crazy. I’m just enjoying the moment you know. Petty? Yes, 100% miserable? No. Not at all. I think Lamar is a great human being. Just ain’t got it when you need it the most. Lamar is a Damm good football player and there’s no shame in his game. He’s a beast in the regular season. But when the lights shine the brightest he turns into Kyle Boller. And till I’m proven wrong I’m going full Tupac in hit em up. At least the Orioles are looking great in baseball. 

MVP is what ultimate victory looks like for an individual NFL player. You can lick everywhere and everyone you want (as long as you have consent).

Just now, wackywabbit said:

MVP is what ultimate victory looks like for an individual NFL player. You can lick everywhere and everyone you want (as long as you have consent).

That’s fine but this is a team sport. I’ll take a sb win over a MVP any day of the week. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, wackywabbit said:

Lamar doesn't NEED to win a super bowl for those on the right side of evaluating his talent/potential to be unequivocally right. That's over. We won.

So you would have rather him won MVP without a SB than the other way around?