Lamar Jackson MVP

goldfishwars

Chockiest mvp ever. Yawn weak year for the MVP tbh. I would have given it to tyreek for the crazy year he was having. Shame he got injured. CMC was the real mvp till the ravens showed up and destroyed the Niners.. Can’t disagree with the award, the ravens were clearly the best regular season team in the NFL and that award really goes to set team. 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

Interesting that Josh Allen is the only other person to get a first place vote, but didn't finish in the top 4 lol 

1. Lamar

2. Dak

3. CMC

4. Purdy 

Oof. 49-1.

I respect this guy for going against the grain, and his argument is logical, but man, he’s in for a rough night/week/month.

• Like 4

Voting for Allen over Jackson this year is far more justifiable than the vast majority of seasons' contrarian votes. Someone voted Tom Brady at 25 TDs to 11 INTs over the 5500 yard 55 TD season Peyton had in 2013. Brett Favre got a vote over 2007 Brady. Vick got one over 2004 Peyton. This is dramatically more justifiable than what usually happens.

If anything, the weirder thing is that there was only one vote that wasn't for Jackson. It's the same voters as the all-pro team. Jackson got 45 out of 50 first team all-pro votes. So 2 guys had Purdy as their first team all-pro QB, and 2 guys had Prescott as their first team all-pro QB, but all 4 voted for Jackson for MVP? Like, what?

• Like 18

21 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

Voting for Allen over Jackson this year is far more justifiable than the vast majority of seasons' contrarian votes. Someone voted Tom Brady at 25 TDs to 11 INTs over the 5500 yard 55 TD season Peyton had in 2013. Brett Favre got a vote over 2007 Brady. Vick got one over 2004 Peyton. This is dramatically more justifiable than what usually happens.

If anything, the weirder thing is that there was only one vote that wasn't for Jackson. It's the same voters as the all-pro team. Jackson got 45 out of 50 first team all-pro votes. So 2 guys had Purdy as their first team all-pro QB, and 2 guys had Prescott as their first team all-pro QB, but all 4 voted for Jackson for MVP? Like, what?

It makes me so happy Brees never won one despite having eye popping numbers. Love those saint tears. Give it to me all. 

Edited by El Ramster