? Week 15 MNF: Falcons (8-5) @ Buccaneers (4-9)

bucsfan333

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I really hope the next regime is more short passing with West Coast principles.  It is a fallacy Winston is not accurate.  I 'll take either NE  coordinator at this point.

I agree and its pretty clear IMO that Winston cannot carry this team at the moment.  Maybe in the future but when he doesn't have a run game I think it puts too much pressure on him and he tries to do too much and that causes him problems.

5 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

I really hope the next regime is more short passing with West Coast principles.  It is a fallacy Winston is not accurate.  I 'll take either NE  coordinator at this point.

Literally what we did tonight and then took a shot here and there and it worked. Winston was far better because it got him in a rhythm.

Just now, Lil' Shorty said:

Literally what we did tonight and then took a shot here and there and it worked. Winston was far better because it got him in a rhythm.

Glazers have to land Gruden, McDaniels, or Patricia.  I dont really even have a preference at this point.  Jameis is still learning, but it is time to challenge him with a different staff.  

2 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Glazers have to land Gruden, McDaniels, or Patricia.  I dont really even have a preference at this point.  Jameis is still learning, but it is time to challenge him with a different staff.  

I want the defensive guy but a coordinator with west coast type tendencies would be nice too.

5 minutes ago, sryan66611 said:

I agree and its pretty clear IMO that Winston cannot carry this team at the moment.  Maybe in the future but when he doesn't have a run game I think it puts too much pressure on him and he tries to do too much and that causes him problems.

He tries too hard and makes bad decisions.  Look at all the young QBs in the league this year.  The ones people are drooling over all have top 10 rushing offenses.  It makes a huge difference.  They havent been good running the ball for 2 years.

15 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

He tries too hard and makes bad decisions.  Look at all the young QBs in the league this year.  The ones people are drooling over all have top 10 rushing offenses.  It makes a huge difference.  They havent been good running the ball for 2 years.

That's what I stated in another forum, all these too young QBs have top 5 rushing attacks. Today was an indictment on Dirk for his trust in his dated system and reliance on Doug Martin. Clearly Martin has been done for a while and the quick read offense suits Winston well. He was in sync today and it was obvious in his drops and ball placement

1 minute ago, SappDaddyDance said:

That's what I stated in another forum, all these too young QBs have top 5 rushing attacks. Today was an indictment on Dirk for his trust in his dated system and reliance on Doug Martin. Clearly Martin has been done for a while and the quick read offense suits Winston well. He was in sync today and it was obvious in his drops and ball placement

Agree 100 %. I would be shocked if Koetter survives for all those reasons you mentioned.  

50 minutes ago, ravishingone said:

Agree 100 %. I would be shocked if Koetter survives for all those reasons you mentioned.  

The real question will be if our owners recognize this and get a coach in here that runs this kind of system and does these things well.

If we can pour the off-season into the defensive and offensive lines and draft a RB in say the 3rd, pair that guy with Barber and I think we we a vastly improved team. I like what I’ve seen from Barber aside from that one fumble tonight. Pound the rock and get to the QB. Simple as that.

46 minutes ago, Lil' Shorty said:

If we can pour the off-season into the defensive and offensive lines and draft a RB in say the 3rd, pair that guy with Barber and I think we we a vastly improved team. I like what I’ve seen from Barber aside from that one fumble tonight. Pound the rock and get to the QB. Simple as that.

I agree with this. We’ve got a few young guys in the secondary with a lot of talent. Most of that hasn’t been realised yet given the lack of pass rush and the scheme seemingly not playing to the strengths of those players.

The priority should be fixing both the lines, however I think DLine needs to take priority. If we’re able to start getting consistent pressure, it improves our entire defence. Whilst our oline is very inconsistent, they’re a decent pass blocking group and they’ve proved that they can move the ball on the ground with a RB who has good vision behind them.

I think we would benefit from drafting an OT in the first three rounds and spending the rest on DLine. A serviceable running back with good vision can probably be found in free agency.

Archived