NFL Draft Talk (Mainly Titans)

KingTitan

7 hours ago, TitanRedd said:

He Bully’s guy like a man against boys, & when he gets those long arms on you, he makes you his B!+ch. This is Tyron Smith 2.0 he explodes off the line he moves so fluid. Mannnn 

If you could promise me he’d stay healthy for the majority of his career, I’d be all for him. I’m a huge fan of his and believe he has the potential and talent to end up the best tackle out of this class. However, I’m concerned about his injury history, especially being a guy that size with that athleticism. Even some of the comparison I’ve seen for him (Tyron Smith, Marcus McNeil, Jammal Brown, Cam Robinson) are guys who’ve battled injuries throughout their whole career.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

If you could promise me he’d stay healthy for the majority of his career, I’d be all for him. I’m a huge fan of his and believe he has the potential and talent to end up the best tackle out of this class. However, I’m concerned about his injury history, especially being a guy that size with that athleticism. Even some of the comparison I’ve seen for him (Tyron Smith, Marcus McNeil, Jammal Brown, Cam Robinson) are guys who’ve battled injuries throughout their whole career.

Same.  I think Mims, in talent, and as a left tackle prospect, is right up there with Alt.  But the lack of tape gives him a minor knock, and for the Titans specifically, that injury history scares me away from him completely.

But if he turns out to be the best tackle from this whole class, I would not be surprised at all.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I know he only played like 12 games or something like that?

Me not feeling like looking it up, what are is his injury history? 

Best I can see is ankle stuff. He had tightrope surgery to try and fix it and apparently goes in an out of snaps a lot due to knicks and/or needing breathers.

I was thinking he'd go more so in late teens/20s but we shall see.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

I know he only played like 12 games or something like that?

Me not feeling like looking it up, what are is his injury history? 

8 games, I think.

And he I think was starting the season coming back from an injury, had a season ending injury against Alabama, and then injured himself running the 40 at the combine.

• Like 1

Lathum has grown on me to the point where he might be my OT1. Everyone thinks he can flip to the left if need be and if not will make a great RT (that is growingly more important in the league). Has some things he needs to clean up but everyone feels a good OL coach will get that right. 

Fautanu is OT3. 

Something about Alt doesn't sit right with me. Can't shake it.  But he is OT1A-B depending on the day you talk to me. 

17 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Lathum has grown on me to the point where he might be my OT1. Everyone thinks he can flip to the left if need be and if not will make a great RT (that is growingly more important in the league). Has some things he needs to clean up but everyone feels a good OL coach will get that right. 

Fautanu is OT3. 

Something about Alt doesn't sit right with me. Can't shake it.  But he is OT1A-B depending on the day you talk to me. 

Feels like the Chance Warmack effect lol being told this guy is solid and sure fire the whole process then him not be at all was deflating. And I have felt like Latham might be the guy for the Chargers if they do not go WR. It just seems like a better fit to me

32 minutes ago, Daniel said:

8 games, I think.

And he I think was starting the season coming back from an injury, had a season ending injury against Alabama, and then injured himself running the 40 at the combine.

Pulled his groin running the 40 I think or hamstring.

57 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

Fautanu is OT3. 

I think being able to play on the left side or not has more to do with technique and adapting it from playing on one side vs the other, and waaaaay less to do with being a good pass protector vs not. I also think concerns around his speed are a little overblown. Yes, he's slow, and that will mostly translate if and when he will be asked to block in open space, but in pass protection, he's pretty quick with his footwork and off the snap so much so that it doesn't really show. 

To put it in context a little, I'd be more concerned about Alt being able to handle NFL speed-to-power pass-rushers than Latham being able to handle speed.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

I think being able to play on the left side or not has more to do with technique and adapting it from playing on one side vs the other, and waaaaay less to do with being a good pass protector vs not. I also think concerns around his speed are a little overblown. Yes, he's slow, and that will mostly translate if and when he will be asked to block in open space, but in pass protection, he's pretty quick with his footwork and off the snap so much so that it doesn't really show. 

To put it in context a little, I'd be more concerned about Alt being able to handle NFL speed-to-power pass-rushers than Latham being able to handle speed.

Yeah. I know Alt has shown to handle it, but I can just see an edge powering up and bulling him right over. I see it in my mind,lol

Where I just see Lathum getting beat around the edge. Nobody is going through him. 

1 hour ago, Justin615$ said:

3 more weeks. Can't get here fast enough

I'll be sure to get yall this year's list of guys I really hope we don't draft, so you can all know who we pick.

• Like 1