Giants take Nabors or Odunze.

Actually. I just see it like this. 

1. Williams

2. Maye

3. Harrison Jr. 

4. Nabors

5. Alt

6. Odunze

I'd trade down and whoever wants Daniels or McCarthy come on up. 

I'd say it's pretty much a given that Williams/Maye/Daniels go before us. There's a slim chance for McCarthy, as well. With Atlanta out of QB contention with the 8th pick, I'm not sure why anyone would want to trade with us instead of Chargers at 5, to skip over Giants.

Also, I know his stock has dropped considerably, and why, I'm not quite sure, but Fashanu should still very much be a solid option if Alt goes ahead of us.

Just now, Andrei01 said:

I'd say it's pretty much a given that Williams/Maye/Daniels go before us. There's a slim chance for McCarthy, as well. With Atlanta out of QB contention with the 8th pick, I'm not sure why anyone would want to trade with us instead of Chargers at 5, to skip over Giants.

Also, I know his stock has dropped considerably, and why, I'm not quite sure, but Fashanu should still very much be a solid option if Alt goes ahead of us.

I think it's a combination of having small hands, getting injured at the combine, and several other OTs just looking great in the offseason.  I still have Fashanu as OT2 myself, but the line between him, Mims, Fuaga, and maybe even Fautanu is really, really slim.

He was overrated as a prospect for a long time, but I'm seeing him go as low as 20 in mocks now, so I think the needle has swung too far the other way.

47 minutes ago, Daniel said:

I think it's a combination of having small hands, getting injured at the combine, and several other OTs just looking great in the offseason.  I still have Fashanu as OT2 myself, but the line between him, Mims, Fuaga, and maybe even Fautanu is really, really slim.

He was overrated as a prospect for a long time, but I'm seeing him go as low as 20 in mocks now, so I think the needle has swung too far the other way.

It's weird, though, cause I could swear his stock was dropping significantly even before the Combine. Knew he got hurt, but he wasn't the only one, think Mims too, but didn't know about his hands. 

I think both him and Alt have been slightly overrated from the start, and for a long time considered him OT1 simply based on a higher ceiling. Which I still think he has.

9 minutes ago, Andrei01 said:

It's weird, though, cause I could swear his stock was dropping significantly even before the Combine. Knew he got hurt, but he wasn't the only one, think Mims too, but didn't know about his hands. 

I think both him and Alt have been slightly overrated from the start, and for a long time considered him OT1 simply based on a higher ceiling. Which I still think he has.

It was, and I think that part is because of Fuaga's stock rising.  He had a great Senior Bowl, and that was around the time Guyton and Suimataia were at maximum hype too.  Supply of OTs looked really high, and so his stock dropped as a result.  I think a lot of draftnik types also don't really watch a ton of tape too, and instead just parrot opinions that they read, and for whatever reason, there was this narrative that Fashanu would have been the top tackle taken in 22 and was this perfect polished product, when that's never really been the case, and he still struggles with Edges that have great hand usage, and makes mental mistakes more than you want.  He does have tremendous upside though, and I still think he's the best choice at 7 if Alt isn't there.  He's not polished, but he's not raw either, he just needs a little work.

Alt I think is a blue chip.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Daniel said:

It was, and I think that part is because of Fuaga's stock rising.  He had a great Senior Bowl, and that was around the time Guyton and Suimataia were at maximum hype too.  Supply of OTs looked really high, and so his stock dropped as a result.  I think a lot of draftnik types also don't really watch a ton of tape too, and instead just parrot opinions that they read, and for whatever reason, there was this narrative that Fashanu would have been the top tackle taken in 22 and was this perfect polished product, when that's never really been the case, and he still struggles with Edges that have great hand usage, and makes mental mistakes more than you want.  He does have tremendous upside though, and I still think he's the best choice at 7 if Alt isn't there.  He's not polished, but he's not raw either, he just needs a little work.

Alt I think is a blue chip.

Don't get me wrong, I thought it was long overdue this class was recognized as way deeper than a top 2 and a bunch of prospects that were initially labeled as guards in the NFL. I just don't think his stock had to drop in order for that of others to rise. He has some of the best anchor at least in recent classes, good athlete that plays like it, solid feet and footwork and ability to recover even when caught out of position, which are some things I could definitely see Alt struggle with more at the next level. 

With no trade backs and the current roster as is, I’m thinking Alt at 7 and Fiske at 38. Simmons is the only DL currently worth a damn. Fiske has ability to rush the passer and seems like a pretty good athlete. There’s some 2 down guys in the 2nd who I have no interest in in Sweat and Jenkins. Alt is the obvious. We currently don’t have a starting level OT on the roster. LT has been an issue for years, time to correct it.

Edited by ttitansfan4life
  • Like 1

Alt is the only one I'd take at 7. 

Liking Lathum more I look at him. My understanding is the can play LT also. Stayed at right for the good of the team. 

I don't know if Olu is guaranteed top 10 pick. 

1 hour ago, ttitansfan4life said:

With no trade backs and the current roster as is, I’m thinking Alt at 7 and Fiske at 38. Simmons is the only DL currently worth a damn. Fiske has ability to rush the passer and seems like a pretty good athlete. There’s some 2 down guys in the 2nd who I have no interest in in Sweat and Jenkins. Alt is the obvious. We currently don’t have a starting level OT on the roster. LT has been an issue for years, time to correct it.

I actually like Jenkins over Fiske myself, but my guy on the DL is and will continue to be Wingo, and we can get him way later if mocks are to be believed.

A DL at 38 would make sense, it’s currently the second biggest need on the team, but I think my choice for where to go at 38 would be the BPA who is either a WR, CB, or IDL.

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

I didn't think Brownlee was a second round prospect.

Not so much Brownlee, but I've just seen us connected to a lot of CB's. Makes me feel they really want to draft a CB and lets say the a highly rated CB is on the board with the 2nd round pick, I could see them takin him over a project OT or maybe WR (that would be at best the 3rd option in our offense this coming year). 

All depending on what we do at 7 of course.