Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

6 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Yeah, I considered Hargrave initially. 31 years old, 44 total tackles last year (compared to Brown's 103[!]). I wanted a building block.

Because the Panthers were offal last year. Teams basically just ran against them in the second half to close out the game. 65-75 tackles is probably what both players will end up close to in the sim.

Edited by SirA1

10 minutes ago, SirA1 said:

Because the Panthers were offal last year. Teams basically just ran against them in the second half to close out the game. 65-75 tackles is probably what both players will end up close to in the sim.

... that's it? He set an NFL record for tackles by a DT because he played for the first awful team in NFL history? Had nothing to do with the quality of his play?

It's sort of silly, really: real life performance affects the sim, so pretending that his real life statistics won't have an impact, regardless of the reason for those stats, is a pointless conversation.

1 hour ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

... that's it? He set an NFL record for tackles by a DT because he played for the first awful team in NFL history? Had nothing to do with the quality of his play?

It's sort of silly, really: real life performance affects the sim, so pretending that his real life statistics won't have an impact, regardless of the reason for those stats, is a pointless conversation.

You paid rolex prices for a watch sold on the streets. Hope it works out for you. Big investment.

Edited by RuskieTitan
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, RuskieTitan said:

I think he's a keeper. But you just paid Big Al money to acquire him.

Sort of.

When you consider that the picks are 1, 2 and 3 seasons away, and draft value diminishes, and neither LAO or I are going to be tanking, those are mid-to-late round picks of diminishing value. There's no way I'd offer two current 1sts and a 2nd.

Don't get me wrong: I certainly paid a price. That was my initial offer, and the last thing I wanted was to give the impression that I was trying to ripoff a new owner. It was the cap I set on acquiring an elite piece, and I was thrilled that it netted me Brown. (It also finishes my rotation... finally... after 4 seasons of additions.)

26 minutes ago, ravens5520 said:

What’s Chris Jones netting me? Somebody back that brinks truck up 💸💸

I was *going to offer you that same package plus Justin Tucker but you insisted that the 1st overall pick be included for any deal to be worked out. I tried. (Although I'd much rather have both Brown and Tucker.)

Edited by TL-TwoWinsAway