Nacho Simulation Football League (Season 27 - Taco Bowl XXVII Posted)

I really love the Joey Porter pick. Tbh I thought he would have gone in the first. He’s already one of the best Corners in the game and is going to get better. How come you guys didn’t grab him? Value was too good and I might play him at FS. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

I really love the Joey Porter pick. Tbh I thought he would have gone in the first. He’s already one of the best Corners in the game and is going to get better. How come you guys didn’t grab him? Value was too good and I might play him at FS. 

For me, we have zero sim stats and only one NFL season with marginal counting stats. I expect his S27 to me mediocre-at-best, and he likely won't be worth one tag to keep for S28 (based on his sim), and, short of an elite 2024 NFL season, won't be worth keeping for three afterwards. (Bland is a great comparison: at the very least, 9 INTs should do something for S27.)

I guess my question would be: respectfully, if you feel that he's a lock for greatness, why did you pass on him five times and wait until the 6th to take him?

5 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

For me, we have zero sim stats and only one NFL season with marginal counting stats. I expect his S27 to me mediocre-at-best, and he likely won't be worth one tag to keep for S28 (based on his sim), and, short of an elite 2024 NFL season, won't be worth keeping for three afterwards. (Bland is a great comparison: at the very least, 9 INTs should do something for S27.)

I guess my question would be: respectfully, if you feel that he's a lock for greatness, why did you pass on him five times and wait until the 6th to take him?

Because just like the Pats, he apparently knew everyone would pass on the GOAT until the 6th.

30 minutes ago, LAOJoe said:

Because just like the Pats, he apparently knew everyone would pass on the GOAT until the 6th.

And I'm just not capable of doing that. When I have a guy that I'm set on, the FOMO hits and I give away tons of draft capital to get him. It's easily my biggest flaw in NSFL.

12 minutes ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

And I'm just not capable of doing that. When I have a guy that I'm set on, the FOMO hits and I give away tons of draft capital to get him. It's easily my biggest flaw in NSFL.

I was joking but ya I will pass on a better guy for someone I think won't be available later, hoping to get both. I've haven't had that happen here yet but many guys on my list I liked almost or just as much went much earlier than expected.

2 hours ago, TL-TwoWinsAway said:

Simply because I feel I have 2

pro bowl ones atm in Riq and Bland. Kinda was value was too good at 1 keeper plus high upside. Made a similar trade with Scalia years back for J Alexander. Same scenario. I like to horde young talent. I’m in between a good team and a bad one depending rng. I feel like my d is really nasty and has ton of pressure and int potential. But my offense could be horrendous. Was really banking on

K9 exploding and becoming an elite back as he got the potential. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, El Ramster said:

Simply because I feel I have 2

pro bowl ones atm in Riq and Bland. Kinda was value was too good at 1 keeper plus high upside. Made a similar trade with Scalia years back for J Alexander. Same scenario. I like to horde young talent. I’m in between a good team and a bad one depending rng. I feel like my d is really nasty and has ton of pressure and int potential. But my offense could be horrendous. Was really banking on

K9 exploding and becoming an elite back as he got the potential. 

Which makes sense. And, in that case, I think you do what you mentioned and start one of them at FS. I'm hesitant to trust his S27 results, but the upside is undeniable.

11 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Interestingly in week 13, this article says he was the 9th best CB while the actual pff site has him at number 63. So either he was atrocious the last month and a half or the article is wrong

Edited by bcb1213

I'm bullish on Joey Porter..

In a rookie draft, I think he's a great pick. In a non-rookie draft, I think you're going to get mid or below performance, and then have to spend a tag to see if that lotto pick is actually any good or not

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

Interestingly in week 13, this article says he was the 9th best CB while the actual pff site has him at number 63. So either he was atrocious the last month and a half or the article is wrong

The article is based on him

becoming the starter he rose the ranks. The overall grade is the whole Year. 

Guess it's all if you plan on using him or stashing him on the Ps.  If you're stashing him, it's think the pick gets an upgrade but if you're gonna play him, then you're looking at more tags after next season