2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

Just now, Forge said:

Correct, i don't expect that

He's 22 million against the cap this year with another year. 

My expectation is they get Bosa is that trade for him on his current deal, and a void year or two, convert most of that salary and roster bonus to signing bonus.  Adding two void years and converting 20 million would put the current year cap hit at 7 million. 

Would pick 94 or 98 do the trick? Because a 7M cap hit is something this team can easily handle. 

Just now, J-ALL-DAY said:

Would pick 94 or 98 do the trick? Because a 7M cap hit is something this team can easily handle. 

I think it would quite easily be enough. Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if it's overkill, especially given his injury history. 

Teams know they are going to move on from at least one of those two guys, it's going to kill his value. I think a third just makes sure that you get him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved for a 4th either. 

18 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think it would quite easily be enough. Honestly, wouldn't be surprised if it's overkill, especially given his injury history. 

Teams know they are going to move on from at least one of those two guys, it's going to kill his value. I think a third just makes sure that you get him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he's moved for a 4th either. 

Honestly, I would be fine with giving up the 98th pick for Bosa and then do what you proposed to lower his cap hit. 

Then you let Young sign elsewhere and recoup a 4th round compensatory pick in 2025. 

The Aiyuk trade making the rounds on twitter is Aiyuk + 31 for #9. Value is probably fine (values Aiyuk as a pick in the 20's), but that's a big hole being created without an additional asset to fill the hole. 

#9 may give you access to someone like Alt (doubtful, but possible) or Fashanu (who may not even be a Shanny type tackle), but that very likely gets you Fuaga. But you'd have to figure out a way to replace Aiyuk. It may give you access to Odunze to replace Aiyuk, but then you don't have pick 31 to take a tackle or get a DE. 

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

The Aiyuk trade making the rounds on twitter is Aiyuk + 31 for #9. Value is probably fine (values Aiyuk as a pick in the 20's), but that's a big hole being created without an additional asset to fill the hole. 

#9 may give you access to someone like Alt (doubtful, but possible) or Fashanu (who may not even be a Shanny type tackle), but that very likely gets you Fuaga. But you'd have to figure out a way to replace Aiyuk. It may give you access to Odunze to replace Aiyuk, but then you don't have pick 31 to take a tackle or get a DE. 

Nope, I'll pass on that. 

I rather trade Aiyuk for a standalone first round pick so we would have two in the first round as we did in 2020.

Of course, I prefer to not trade him at all. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Nope, I'll pass on that. 

I rather trade Aiyuk for a standalone first round pick so we would have two in the first round as we did in 2020.

Of course, I prefer to not trade him at all. 

My thinking as well. I think you have to have access to somehow filling the void along with taking care of the current issues, which we have a few of them. 

I don't think he gets traded unless his contract ask is way up there. I think Aiyuk is going to ask for something around 30m/ yr and I'll be interested to see if the niners balk at that. 

The wide receiver market is about to get nutty. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Forge said:

My thinking as well. I think you have to have access to somehow filling the void along with taking care of the current issues, which we have a few of them. 

I don't think he gets traded unless his contract ask is way up there. I think Aiyuk is going to ask for something around 30m/ yr and I'll be interested to see if the niners balk at that. 

The wide receiver market is about to get nutty. 

The thing is, no chance Jefferson signs until he sees what the rest of the receivers are getting paid. Aiyuk may not want to be the first WR to sign but if he does, then the number will be close to 30M AAV. You just can't avoid that. 

We can get away with this until 2026 and hopefully at that time there are ways to get rid of certain aging stars. That will have to be our one down year as we re-tool around Purdy with his new deal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

Not that Guy is correct necessarily, but he thinks Aiyuk has more value than that. He said he thought a good value for him would be 23, a 3rd and a 4th would move him. I could see maybe Aiyuk + 31 for #9 and 75.

If that got done I'd be tempted to go full Madden mode and try to trade Kittle for a 2nd, take Bowers at 9 and with your extra 2 take your lineman (unless Alt falls, none of the other tackles would be worth it or fit like you're talking about with Fashanu). 

21 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

Not that Guy is correct necessarily, but he thinks Aiyuk has more value than that. He said he thought a good value for him would be 23, a 3rd and a 4th would move him. I could see maybe Aiyuk + 31 for #9 and 75.

If that got done I'd be tempted to go full Madden mode and try to trade Kittle for a 2nd, take Bowers at 9 and with your extra 2 take your lineman (unless Alt falls, none of the other tackles would be worth it or fit like you're talking about with Fashanu). 

I would say that Aiyuk is slightly more valuable than that, but it's not by much if you're using the points system. 

I think Aiyuk / Diggs is very, very comparable. Diggs got traded a year later (he was 27 with 5 years under his belt), but at that point was averaging 66 yards per game and had 30 TDs. Aiyuk career is 63 yards per game, 27 TDs. Diggs averaged about 130 targets per 17 games, Aiyuk 109. Diggs averaged 1120 yards per 17 games, Aiyuk 1078. 

Diggs situation was comparable to Aiyuks in that he was splitting the receiver work with Thielen in a big way, and they were also heavy reliant on Cook / Peterson. 

The thought may be that Diggs was slightly better (though people who act like diggs in minnesota was viewed similarly to Diggs in Buffalo are being disingenuous) and he had some injury history, but he also had already signed his second contract, so Buffalo did get him for one year at a relatively bargain price, whereas whomever trades for Aiyuk basically has to give him everything. 

Diggs returned a first (I think it was pick 22?) + 5th + 6th + future 4th. Honestly, most of that stuff is just fluff. 

AJ Brown needed to get paid immediately, though I think he was clearly thought of in a higher regard. They got 18th and 101. 

So I think that's kind of your price point. Pick in the 20's with some fluff. If Jax put #17 on the table I think that's likely all you get. #17 straight up for Aiyuk. Maybe there's a flip of late round picks in there? Aiyuk + 7th for #17 and a fifth or something. 

If it were Houston, maybe it's #23 and a fourth? Something like that? 

12 minutes ago, Forge said:

I would say that Aiyuk is slightly more valuable than that, but it's not by much if you're using the points system. 

I think Aiyuk / Diggs is very, very comparable. Diggs got traded a year later (he was 27 with 5 years under his belt), but at that point was averaging 66 yards per game and had 30 TDs. Aiyuk career is 63 yards per game, 27 TDs. Diggs averaged about 130 targets per 17 games, Aiyuk 109. Diggs averaged 1100 yards per 17 games, Aiyuk 1078. 

Diggs situation was comparable to Aiyuks in that he was splitting the receiver work with Thielen in a big way, and they were also heavy reliant on Cook / Peterson. 

The thought may be that Diggs was slightly better (though people who act like diggs in minnesota was viewed similarly to Diggs in Buffalo are being disingenuous) and he had some injury history, but he also had already signed his second contract, so Buffalo did get him for one year at a relatively bargain price, whereas whomever trades for Aiyuk basically has to give him everything. 

Diggs returned a first (I think it was pick 22?) + 5th + 6th + future 4th. Honestly, most of that stuff is just fluff. 

AJ Brown needed to get paid immediately, though I think he was clearly thought of in a higher regard. They got 18th and 101. 

So I think that's kind of your price point. Pick in the 20's with some fluff. If Jax put #17 on the table I think that's likely all you get. #17 straight up for Aiyuk. Maybe there's a flip of late round picks in there? Aiyuk + 7th for #17 and a fifth or something. 

If it were Houston, maybe it's #23 and a fourth? Something like that? 

He based it off of the Tyreek trade. He was quick to say it is not the same player, but also that the Niners aren't looking to get rid of Aiyuk the same way the Vikings were wanting to get rid of Diggs or Titans AJ Brown. So the value would be somewhere in between.

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Do you guys think that Jennings is better than Bourne? Saw some conversation on twitter. 

I think it's Bourne > Jennings by probably a decent margin. 

I'd probably go Jennings just with the addition of his physicality, and YAC ability that pops up every once, and a while. As receivers, I think it's practically a wash. But I haven't seen Bourne play in a while.