2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

20 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

The 49ers have about $90m in restructures they can open up

Somewhere 49erscap is in his basement or dark lab putting together an in depth, educated look at the cap.  The 49ers have 35 million left, and a lot of that will carry over to next year.  

I feel like the band can stay together for one or two more years before a major pivot and rebuild.  I hope for two years, with the 2nd having the team go all in.  Then front load Purdy's contract and eat crap cap wise for about a year or two while trying to find and develop a lot of late round talent.

Everything changes so fast in the NFL, and opportunities should never be taken for granted.  It sucks we missed this one.  I am not asking for Kyle's head, but he should internally evaluate his in game decision making late with regard to field goals and TD's.  I think the QC guy may influence that a lot.  

Edited by Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420

1 hour ago, Steve_DeBerg_Fan_420 said:

Somewhere 49erscap is in his basement or dark lab putting together an in depth, educated look at the cap.  The 49ers have 35 million left, and a lot of that will carry over to next year.  

I feel like the band can stay together for one or two more years before a major pivot and rebuild.  I hope for two years, with the 2nd having the team go all in.  Then front load Purdy's contract and eat crap cap wise for about a year or two while trying to find and develop a lot of late round talent.

Everything changes so fast in the NFL, and opportunities should never be taken for granted.  It sucks we missed this one.  I am not asking for Kyle's head, but he should internally evaluate his in game decision making late with regard to field goals and TD's.  I think the QC guy may influence that a lot.  

I don't expect many changes this year. I do think that they are coming in the next 2-3 years, but I don't think that they are going to give up their window in the last year of the brock deal. But when this blows back, it's going to blow back hard because I think the primary way they are going to get money this off season is restructures and I think they are going to do a few of them. 

I expect some money to be opened with an Aiyuk extension and possibly some more with a Ward extension. I'm actually curious to see if we get a surprise extension. One from someone who is not actually up right now. Someone like Kittle. 

I don't see anyone getting the 6/1 treatment. The only person I think would even possibly be in that bubble is Armstead, and I could just as easily see us extending him, tbh. 

I do think the idea of trading guys like Kittle / Deebo is interesting with the right return, but I don't think that Shanny and Lynch are going to take away from this window for the sake of the future. I think they know this opportunity to win is down to its last one or two years as well. 

• Like 3

Im hoping they'll finally invest some real resources in the o-line but that seems unlikely.

I'm fine with re-building the D-line around Bosa and investing a top 100 pick in a Nickle Corner. 

Hope the 49ers can work their late round magic.... Trent, Deebo, Armstead and Kittle aren't going to be around forever

Edited by Herodreamer79

1 hour ago, Herodreamer79 said:

Im hoping they'll finally invest some real resources in the o-line but that seems unlikely.

I'm fine with re-building the D-line around Bosa and investing a top 100 pick in a Nickle Corner. 

Hope the 49ers can work their late round magic.... Trent, Deebo, Armstead and Kittle aren't going to be around forever

I dont know if it will be a guard or tackle but I guarantee at least one of the top 2 picks we have is used on the oline. If not I will be critical of the administration.

32 minutes ago, Ftn49 said:

I dont know if it will be a guard or tackle but I guarantee at least one of the top 2 picks we have is used on the oline. If not I will be critical of the administration.

100%

And if it's guard, and they don't take a developmental tackle in round 3/4, I will be upset lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Forge said:

100%

And if it's guard, and they don't take a developmental tackle in round 3/4, I will be upset lol

It's hard to even properly evaluate Purdy otherwise. Each year of evaluation matters and the earlier that you know definitively, the more flexibility you have. I really liked a lot of his work this year but there were games were I wouldn't expect just about anyone to function at a high level given the o line play and/or the way some hots were drawn up. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't expect many changes this year. I do think that they are coming in the next 2-3 years, but I don't think that they are going to give up their window in the last year of the brock deal. But when this blows back, it's going to blow back hard because I think the primary way they are going to get money this off season is restructures and I think they are going to do a few of them. 

I expect some money to be opened with an Aiyuk extension and possibly some more with a Ward extension. I'm actually curious to see if we get a surprise extension. One from someone who is not actually up right now. Someone like Kittle. 

I don't see anyone getting the 6/1 treatment. The only person I think would even possibly be in that bubble is Armstead, and I could just as easily see us extending him, tbh. 

I do think the idea of trading guys like Kittle / Deebo is interesting with the right return, but I don't think that Shanny and Lynch are going to take away from this window for the sake of the future. I think they know this opportunity to win is down to its last one or two years as well. 

Yeah, I think we are on the same page with regards to the cap.  I'm not sure if they can get that 3rd year in there.  I think Purdy's 5th year the whole team blows up and starts over.  Even if the cap doesn't catch up, age will.

I think Kittle and Deebo are supremely talented players who were at their best when Mike McDaniel was in the building, but I think it's prudent to keep the guys together for as long as possible.  The quality of player is really hard to replace there.  Buckner to Kinlaw comes to mind.  

I think it is time to push all the chips in on a two year run. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Forge said:

NGL, I think if I could get the Giants to bite on Deebo + our 4th for the Seattle 2nd + NYG 3rd, I think I may do it. 

The niners won't, but I kind of feel like I would. 

I would not do that. Deebo's value to this offense is still unmatched. I get the Super Bowl was not pretty, but there's like 2-4 teams in the entire NFL that could make him a complete non-factor. The Niners W/L record as well as the offensive production is night and day when he is playing and on the field compared to when he is not. 

Not saying you are piling on him but my goodness have people lost their minds on this topic since the SB. 

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I would not do that. Deebo's value to this offense is still unmatched. I get the Super Bowl was not pretty, but there's like 2-4 teams in the entire NFL that could make him a complete non-factor. The Niners W/L record as well as the offensive production is night and day when he is playing and on the field compared to when he is not. 

Not saying you are piling on him but my goodness have people lost their minds on this topic since the SB. 

Yeah, has nothing to do with the super bowl. I'm about cashing out and reallocating. This is as good a time as any given I have no intention of re-signing him. He could probably get a comparable return next year, so really no need to do it now, I'd just be staggering the dead money and picks. If kittle saved more money, I'd probably be moving him 

If I think Purdy is the guy, I think this will work regardless. 

He does get nicked up, he saves more than kittle,  and I think the offense stuff is overblown. Last year he missed 4 games and the team scored 31, 21, 37 and 37 4-0).  The year before he missed one and the niners scored 23 and I'm pretty sure that was the game where they butchered the end inside the 5 against Seattle. 

This year his missed time overlapped with Trent which significantly impacted the run game, and the offense still moved the ball well against Minnesota and Cincinnati for the most part. 

They won't take away from the super bowl window this year, so they aren't going to do it, so it doesn't matter. 

I think deebo is good, and I don't think that there's a one for one replacement for him in the league, but I also don't think he's some sort of magical elixir or anything. The production is replaceable in the aggregate. 

But I was also fine with moving him when he wanted his new deal (though at a higher cost)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Forge said:

Yeah, has nothing to do with the super bowl. I'm about cashing out and reallocating. This is as good a time as any given I have no intention of re-signing him. He could probably get a comparable return next year, so really no need to do it now, I'd just be staggering the dead money and picks. If kittle saved more money, I'd probably be moving him 

If I think Purdy is the guy, I think this will work regardless. 

He does get nicked up, he saves more than kittle,  and I think the offense stuff is overblown. Last year he missed 4 games and the team scored 31, 21, 37 and 37 4-0).  The year before he missed one and the niners scored 23 and I'm pretty sure that was the game where they butchered the end inside the 5 against Seattle. 

This year his missed time overlapped with Trent which significantly impacted the run game, and the offense still moved the ball well against Minnesota and Cincinnati for the most part. 

They won't take away from the super bowl window this year, so they aren't going to do it, so it doesn't matter. 

I think deebo is good, and I don't think that there's a one for one replacement for him in the league, but I also don't think he's some sort of magical elixir or anything. The production is replaceable in the aggregate. 

But I was also fine with moving him when he wanted his new deal (though at a higher cost)

It's not even about what happened this year when Deebo missed games. Just the YPP and efficiency numbers of when he is on the field compared to when he is off the field. It's legit over a yard YPP difference which is huge. This has basically been the case since he came in the league in 2019. If the argument is that he only has one or two good years left and it's better to trade him now? I can get behind that argument...kind of. It's just this team is going to go all in until Purdy gets paid so I can't see them getting rid of Deebo, especially when the team is right there with anyone as presently constructed. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

It's not even about what happened this year when Deebo missed games. Just the YPP and efficiency numbers of when he is on the field compared to when he is off the field. It's legit over a yard YPP difference which is huge. This has basically been the case since he came in the league in 2019. If the argument is that he only has one or two good years left and it's better to trade him now? I can get behind that argument...kind of. It's just this team is going to go all in until Purdy gets paid so I can't see them getting rid of Deebo, especially when the team is right there with anyone as presently constructed. 

He may have more than one or two, but if I were GM, I would already know that if he did have those extra years, they wouldn't be with the niners. I don't anticipate deebo aging well, and I assume he's not going to do a lame duck year on his contract in 25, so the exit point feels like this year or next. This year really just clears the dead money against the ones that are coming next year or the year after and gets the picks faster (Don't even have to use the picks to draft, those are good trade chips too). 

But they definitely won't move him. They love him too much and Kyle's gameplan is frequently married to him

34 minutes ago, Forge said:

He may have more than one or two, but if I were GM, I would already know that if he did have those extra years, they wouldn't be with the niners. I don't anticipate deebo aging well, and I assume he's not going to do a lame duck year on his contract in 25, so the exit point feels like this year or next. This year really just clears the dead money against the ones that are coming next year or the year after and gets the picks faster (Don't even have to use the picks to draft, those are good trade chips too). 

But they definitely won't move him. They love him too much and Kyle's gameplan is frequently married to him

I don't think they will trade him.  It's just too hard to get a quality of player as good as he is.  

There is always a package or price that would make sense.  The only thing that would makes sense to me would be one or more high level players at different positions.  

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

So it's not only that Kyle builds his game plans around Deebo (and CMC obviously), but just hear how much opposing defenders around the league respect Deebo. You put him in motion and all eyes go to him. Kyle is going to keep him for as long as he can until his body falls apart. 

I don't see many changes to be honest. The team won't be active in free agency and just hope to have some contributors from the 11 draft picks.