2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Some ppl don’t mind and others are disturbed by this rumor. 

I know he had a good year with STL, but did he have his fingerprints on the Def when he was with LAC? Why he is getting so much hate? 

Im not saying, I'm for it, but I would want an interview with Bill at minimum. Esp if we can add the Assistant HC role into it. I don’t know, seems like a lot of possible DCs available including college. 

If they go this route, it's definitely a scheme overhaul. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Some ppl don’t mind and others are disturbed by this rumor. 

I know he had a good year with STL, but did he have his fingerprints on the Def when he was with LAC? Why he is getting so much hate? 

Im not saying, I'm for it, but I would want an interview with Bill at minimum. Esp if we can add the Assistant HC role into it. I don’t know, seems like a lot of possible DCs available including college. 

If it is going to be Bill, there won't be any interview or reporting of one for sure. It'd just be a hiring. Kyle wouldn't force the optic of Bill "failing" to get the job.

• Like 1

Bill is not going to be anybody's DC or Asst. HC.

What does he gain by doing that?

There's no scenario where I see him being a subordinate under anyone.

He'll probably sit this year out and put his hat in the ring in about a year or two.

Edited by 757-NINER

6 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

And KC had one player that earned about the same as all of those put together and only scored 19 points. Not sure what the point is.

Think he has criticised Deebo several times in his Purdy breakdown videos for a lack of effort on plays where he is not the target.

20 hours ago, Melbourne 9er said:

And KC had one player that earned about the same as all of those put together and only scored 19 points. Not sure what the point is.

JTO really, really does not like Deebo or Juice. 

He's actually kind of convinced me over the season that moving on from Deebo as soon as possible is probably the right way to go. 

22 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

Bill is not going to be anybody's DC or *** HC.

What does he gain by doing that?

There's no scenario where I see him being a subordinate under anyone.

He'll probably sit this year out and put his hat in the ring in about a year or two.

He was not hired this cycle because no one wanted to give him full control. So, from that standpoint I agree with you. 

The thing about it is - Bill obviously isn't getting a HC job this year. There is mutual respect between him and Kyle. We have a super talented defense. It could be as simple as Bill just does not want to sit out a year and would be content running one side of the ball in a place with good weather and great players. 

I don't think Bill is the type of guy who will want to sit around and "do nothing" for a year. He was raised in a military family. He will want to stay busy with one thing or another. 

Likely? no. Possible? yes. 

Part of the problem that Bill had was that his plan was "run it back with the old band from NE". Literally wanted to bring in Josh Mcdaniels as OC, his kids etc etc. He needs new connections around the league if he ever wants to be a HC. 

Until someone else is named, he is #1 on my wish list. It would be incredible. 

I would love for him to be a consultant, at a minimum. He can self-scout our entire team. 

• Like 2