2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 minute ago, Forge said:

I'll be curious to see if they do that. They are still really big fans of Korcurek as far as I am aware, and he's a Schwartz disciple. I don't think he's giving up on the wide 9. 

In fact, wouldn't surprise me if the team ultimately pulls someone from Cleveland or someone attached to Jim schwartz previously 

I'm almost positive that's what's going to happen also because Shanny seems to be in love with that alignment.

Thinking he'll wise up is a fallacy I continue to entertain, unfortunately.

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Vrabel is an awful DC tbh. 

Agreed

36 minutes ago, Forge said:

Bill isn't going to be DC for anyone. 

Somehow, I feel like it would have been more likely had we kept a certain former NE QB.

Bill is going to sit out this year and try and coach again next year? Seems out of character for him. I can see why the 49ers DC job would appeal to him. He respects Kyle. We have some great defensive players. It is not as crazy as you might think. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, N4L said:

Agreed

Somehow, I feel like it would have been more likely had we kept a certain former NE QB.

Bill is going to sit out this year and try and coach again next year? Seems out of character for him. I can see why the 49ers DC job would appeal to him. He respects Kyle. We have some great defensive players. It is not as crazy as you might think. 

He owes us for the Jimmy G trade lol kidding! 

Does Bill run a 3-4 though? We are already light at LB with Greenlaws injury, but I would be interested just because they always have a top defense! The likely hood, I don’t know where I put it percentage wise but I would be onboard. Especially since it would be just a year more than likely before he goes back to HC. That’s also another reason why we may not do it, since it would be a rental especially if we change scheme, etc. Which is odd that Kyle even mentioned he’s open to changing it. 60/40 🤔

Staley makes sense especially after someone wrote that Kyle wanted him at one point. 

21 hours ago, 49ersfan said:

I'd keep Aiyuk...there's a chance that we move on from all 3 of CMC, KIttle & Deebo in the next 2-3 years

You try to develop a guy like Ronnie Bell and hope he gets the mistakes out of his system so he can at least be a Jennings replacement

This or next draft, an offensive weapon is going to be high on our wish list i'd assume. 

I want to keep BA, and Jennings.

20 hours ago, Forge said:

No, he got fired because the defense was often underwhelming this year and this was not a fit with what they wanted. 

49ers had to do one of two things - get rid of Wilks, or allow him to run his defense. They asked him to be a caretaker of someone else's defense so that it wouldn't upset the defense. That's not as easy as it looks, and it was probably an unfair request from jump. 

The defense benefited a toooooooooooon this year from the offense just blowing teams out. 

i'll give you he may not have been a fit schematically 

they were middle of the pack vs the pass but were 2nd in points allowed this year. t-1 in INTs. like 3rd against the run.

this is just first world problems type of drop off.... "we're not a top 3 defense we're a top 10 defense...horrific!" 

they've been a top 5 defense for the last 4-6 years... going to 4 NFC champ games and 2 superbowls 

it's more likely the drop off is from wearing down and getting old. Bosa admitted the prolonged hold out affected his this year. 

Hargrave and chase young didn't live up to snuff. the defensive line isn't what it was the last few years. Armstead was out a quarter of the season.

wilks was the least of their worries . 

Edited by Herodreamer79