2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

18 minutes ago, NcFinest9erFan said:

That’s an interesting transition or demotion? I feel like the assistant HC would have more responsibilities than the run game coord but who knows maybe he wanted a similar position. 

Curious, I wonder how many more years Bobby Turner wants to coach (rb). I know he stepped away last year or maybe it was previous, but we have a revolving door at coaches on staff, it’s crazy! 

8 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

watching JT OSullivan's breakdown of the offense...

yikes...

Purdy did miss more plays than people saw on TV. he was uncharacteristically trigger shy and had more happy feet than usual.

but to be fair- he got very little help. 

The drop back passing system is inherently flawed. the pass protection is ... well we know what it is. 

Deebo's effort is for sh*t... its been a season long issue. and worse part is he got injured and they continued to force feed him the ball despite Macduffie running his routes for him most of the night. 

Kyle Shanahan is becoming as much of a curse as he is a blessing. He gets away with it in the regular season, but when the 49ers face real teams with smart and talented defenses and elite QBs... everything gets exploited and exposed. 

49ers have 3-5 shots to win that game... and every time something went wrong. 

it's like the 49ers just keep coming up 1 play short. for whatever reason they just can't come up with or hit on the play that wins the game. 

Purdy was gunshy on a few throws and a little late, but mostly was fine. The pressure will have you second guessing, but he  is still pretty on top of it.

The problem continues to be that his game is getting suppressed in the post season. I don't know if this is Shanny or Brock (probably a combination of both).  I mentioned it before the game that I believe that is so hard to separate, and schematically, spags kind of ate Shanny's lunch in this one. But so far, Brock has kind of been far more game managery in the playoffs than he is in the regular season. His current numbers are being really propped up by that second half against Seattle which was one of the worst defenses in the league. We bring up the weather in like the Green Bay game and there is some validity to that, but I also think that there's some not so great stuff going on. There's enough that I'm raising an eye brow at this point because this isn't what we are seeing outside of the playoffs. 

You expect a little drop off in the playoffs because you're consistently playing good teams, but under Shanny I feel like the passing offense has really been tripped up in the playoffs (going back to Jimmy). 

I think that Brock clears the bar of "are you good enough to win a super bowl". I think he can do that, and I don't even think he needs a group of skill players this good to do it. But the margin for error, which is already thin for teams with Josh Allen, Joe Burrow, Lamar....well, it gets even tighter for Purdy and Shanny. 

I think that what people are really looking at right now is whether Shanny should simplify the offense, maybe especially in the off season, and i just don't know about that. I don't know that you can do what you do all year long...you're great at it...it gets the job done all year...and then drastically change it up in the post season and not  do what you're good at. I feel like you would get eviscerated for that if it failed as well. 

There's also just some bad luck going on Sunday.  I think the narrative is very different if there is a minor stupid difference here or there. 

apparently Brock impressed the hell out of the Chiefs defensive coaches.

Spagnuolo all but said Purdy forced him to dumpster his entire gameplan at half time and go back to the drawing board because brock was dicing up his zone coverages. this is pretty impressive considering Macdonald bamboozled him on Christmas with similar looks. Kid learns quick.  

im excited to see what Brock does next year with a full off-season this time.  he's pretty battle hardened by now playing in all these playoff games

Edited by Herodreamer79
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

apparently Brock impressed the hell out of the Chiefs defensive coaches.

Spagnuolo all but said Purdy forced him to dumpster his entire gameplan at half time and go back to the drawing board because brock was dicing up his zone coverages. this is pretty impressive considering Macdonald bamboozled him on Christmas with similar looks. Kid learns quick.  

im excited to see what Brock does next year with a full off-season this time.  he's pretty battle hardened by now playing in all these playoff games

A bit encouraging since we now have to face MacDonald twice a year now

2 minutes ago, jonnguy2015 said:

A bit encouraging since we now have to face MacDonald twice a year now

but the Seahawks dont have Pat Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. 

as long as they stick with Geno Smith we'll be scraping seattle off the bottom of our shoe

The rams on the other hand are going to be a problem we need to be ready to deal with 

Edited by Herodreamer79

21 minutes ago, Herodreamer79 said:

but the Seahawks dont have Pat Mahomes or Lamar Jackson. 

as long as they stick with Geno Smith we'll be scraping seattle off the bottom of our shoe

The rams on the other hand are going to be a problem we need to be ready to deal with 

I'm also not impressed with the OC hire for the Seahawks. 

25 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

What is Brandon Aiyuk worth in a trade? Not sure if he ends up being more than a late-first round pick. 

I would probably want some variation of the Diggs trade, I think. 

I believe that they got pick #22, a fifth, a 6th, and future 4th. I would try really hard maybe just get that to be like a first (#22) and a third this year though as opposed to the late round fodder. 

Actually, I guess that puts it a little closer to the AJ Brown trade. 

Eagles gave up 18 + 101 for Brown. So if I could get something in the early 20's and a comp 3, I'd be happy. 

Like I said yesterday though, there really isn't a great fit for him there. Miami isn't making a move for him at 21. 22 is the eagles. 23 is Houston, which technically could be in play I suppose, but I feel like they may go a different rout there. 24 is Dallas, 25 is Green Bay. Unless GB is in search of a true alpha receiver and they think Aiyuk is that, I think they'd be very happy with their current group. 

In theory, I really don't know that it makes much sense for a team until you get to 28 and 30 

• Like 1

If it came down to it, I would rather have a future pick than a mid to late round 1st this year.. I love the mystery box aspect, especially when that surprise could be a top 5 pick. We saw with San Diego how badly things can get, doesn't matter what your team looks like in April