2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

Depends on if he's willing to wait for his payday. Coming back here almost certainly provides him with one of the better opportunities to perform, but we just don't have a ton of money 

I think that's what ends up happening. Can we get him on like a one year 5-6M type of deal? 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I think that's what ends up happening. Can we get him on like a one year 5-6M type of deal? 

We can free up quite a bit of money if we want, so ultimately depends on how much we do clear.  I don't think we are restructuring everyone or anything, but I think this team goes into the offseason knowing exactly what they want to do and where they stand. I kind of think that the niners view it from a perspective of guys they want + pricepoint they want and then create cap as needed. So ultimately depends on how much they want to keep Young. If they want to keep him at 5-6 million, they'll make that money happen. 

I don't think that they will view him as a guy to give 10-12 to for a year. I think they'll view that as bad money. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I'm not familiar with him.

Was UCLA's defensive coordinator last year. 

Just to the USC defensive coordinator job, but obviously that wouldn't prevent us from hiring him (Seattle did the same thing with Grubb). 

He's got very limited experience (just one year dc with UCLA), but does have some NFL experience as a position coach in the secondary. 

Did a really good job with UCLA though, but it would be a gamble. 

If the linebacker thing Shanny talked about is a real thing he wouldn't fit, but I'm not sure if that is the case or not. 

• Like 1

One thing I wouldn't be surprised by is if the niners make a couple of trades this off season. They have like 11 picks or whatever? 

Could see them making moves for relatively cheap players with some history of nfl performance. I feel like this is an avenue they should explore more often. Thought they did this really well previously.  

Tomlinson (this was likely Mayhew), Willis, Omenihu (assuming these were Carthon). There's value here. Maybe a Joseph Ossai from the Bengals. Joe Tryon has been fine in Tampa, but doesn't seem to be loved. Sounds like they won't pick up his option, but he's the type of guy I wouldn't mind seeing in the turbo rotation of the pass rush. Not sure if Denver would move Baron Browning, but another guy that I thought has really flashed here and there. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Herodreamer79 said:

i'll give you he may not have been a fit schematically 

they were middle of the pack vs the pass but were 2nd in points allowed this year. t-1 in INTs. like 3rd against the run.

this is just first world problems type of drop off.... "we're not a top 3 defense we're a top 10 defense...horrific!" 

they've been a top 5 defense for the last 4-6 years... going to 4 NFC champ games and 2 superbowls 

it's more likely the drop off is from wearing down and getting old. Bosa admitted the prolonged hold out affected his this year. 

Hargrave and chase young didn't live up to snuff. the defensive line isn't what it was the last few years. Armstead was out a quarter of the season.

wilks was the least of their worries . 

The numbers look similar but Ryans did more with less imo.

Ryans didn't have the luxury of having both Chase Young and Gregory to rotate opposite Bosa.

He didn't have a penetrating 3T like Hargraves.

Those three peices alone, would have worked wonders for our defensive production in 2022.

Wilks didn't do a bad job by any stretch but I he just never seemed to have the in-game counters against better OCs and offenses.

He zigged when he should have zagged, one too many times for my liking.

It was obvious that this wasn't really his cup of tea, scheme-wise.

I give him credit for trying to adapt to what we do but ultimately the difference in philosophies often had the unit looking disjointed too often.

Edited by 757-NINER

35 minutes ago, Forge said:

Lol jto does not like him some deebo

But to JTO's credit, he has tape to back-up his stance.

Deebo for all his strengths as a all-around football player, doesn't elicit much fanfair when asked to be strictly a WR and excell at certain things top WRs are asked to do.

For all the ability and skillset he possess, the SB proved he's not a WR1 

Though he is being paid like one.

• Like 2

His body is wearing down and once he got paid he got fat & happy. Not the player he was in 2019/2021. 

Shanahan basically ignores Kittle in the passing game, but at least Kittle has value in blocking and is capable of turning it on.

Juszczyk is overpaid for what they use him for... dude is a weapon in he passing game and again Shanahan ignores him.

i'm so tilted over this offense taking a sh1t in the post-season every year. we should be popping people for 30 a game

they souldnt knwo where the ball is going. 

how are we not unstoppable? 

Edited by Herodreamer79

Some ppl don’t mind and others are disturbed by this rumor. 

I know he had a good year with STL, but did he have his fingerprints on the Def when he was with LAC? Why he is getting so much hate? 

Im not saying, I'm for it, but I would want an interview with Bill at minimum. Esp if we can add the Assistant HC role into it. I don’t know, seems like a lot of possible DCs available including college.