2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

17 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Break it down @Forge. How does this impact our offseason? 

Well, we are basically now dead even on the cap, so that's nice lol. 

Still will have to make some moves (restructures / extensions) to clear out some room to sign a full squad and whatnot. 

Biggest thing is that I don't know how you keep a guy like Aiyuk from asking for something like 30 million a season. 

• Like 2

Just now, Forge said:

Well, we are basically now dead even on the cap, so that's nice lol. 

Still will have to make some moves (restructures / extensions) to clear out some room to sign a full squad and whatnot. 

Biggest thing is that I don't know how you keep a guy like Aiyuk from asking for something like 30 million a season. 

So which restructures would you do or would not do? I know Graziano brought up a bunch of possibilities but some of them just don't make much sense. 

Aiyuk was going to be close to that range regardless. Nothing you could do about it, especially with him being eligible for a deal around the same time as other stud WRs, including the best WR in the league. 

Extending Hufanga after he is coming off his ACL injury for a bit of a discount makes some sense tbh. I hate it for Hufanga, but the game is the game. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So which restructures would you do or would not do? I know Graziano brought up a bunch of possibilities but some of them just don't make much sense. 

Aiyuk was going to be close to that range regardless. Nothing you could do about it, especially with him being eligible for a deal around the same time as other stud WRs, including the best WR in the league. 

Extending Hufanga after he is coming off his ACL injury for a bit of a discount makes some sense tbh. I hate it for Hufanga, but the game is the game. 

Don't think the team can extend Hufanga unless they are just trying to get it done (which is fine). It's not going to be beneficial for the 49ers this year with regards to the cap. 

I don't really love any of the restructure options this year because I think they are all trending the wrong way for 2-3 years down the line. I know that they are going to do it though so at that point, they can just do what they need to do. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, JIllg said:

Honestly, the second round tender isn't the worst. I'm not the world's biggest fan of the mid to late round bigger receivers.

I just can't care that much if someone poaches him. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Forge said:

I just can't care that much if someone poaches him. 

This is fair. I've been taking a guy assuming he's gone either way. It's just so few snaps to fill. And given we've gone UDFA with Bourne to 7th rounder in Jennings to fill it (and that you don't require long speed for the role), it's not hard to find a body that can take those Jennings snaps after a year of seasoning and Bell getting most of them.

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

Honestly, the second round tender isn't the worst. I'm not the world's biggest fan of the mid to late round bigger receivers.

I'm assuming this is where it'll be. I haven't seen or heard suggested anything from Gray or Bell that they are ready for a step up in responsibilities to quibble over 1.5% of the budget

Edited by Ftn49