2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

19 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think there is some decent IOL talent in FA this year. Some good dudes who won't break the bank. I'd love to see us pickup a center and guard then draft a tackle. A Cushenberry, Tomlinson, Guyton trio would be huge for us while still giving us an opportunity to go edge, CB, or BPA in the second.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Geek said:

I think there is some decent IOL talent in FA this year. Some good dudes who won't break the bank. I'd love to see us pickup a center and guard then draft a tackle. A Cushenberry, Tomlinson, Guyton trio would be huge for us while still giving us an opportunity to go edge, CB, or BPA in the second.

Tomlinson was hideous with the Jets. Not sure what happened, but he turned into one of the worst ranked G since he left the 49ers. Already 32 now. 

https://nflpa.com/nfl-player-team-report-cards-2024

Niners do pretty well here. Only thing that are B- or worse are the training staff, training room & team travel.  Everything else is a B+ or better. Hopefully we take the input & fix that this offseason & get A's across the board in 2025. 

We have our coaching staff & executives all over the NFL, we're stacked, we win, we do well on things like this. We're just missing that ring to validate us as one of the top franchises of the last 5 years. 

• Like 1

Lynch mentioned possibly keeping Jennings beyond the 2024 season. 

Depending on price i would like that. The only WR's i see on the 2025 roster for sure are Aiyuk & Bell. So add Jennings and we have a solid core, although we'd likely target a WR pretty highly in the 2025 draft anyway. 

I see us moving on from Deebo next offseason

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 49ersfan said:

Lynch mentioned possibly keeping Jennings beyond the 2024 season. 

Depending on price i would like that. The only WR's i see on the 2025 roster for sure are Aiyuk & Bell. So add Jennings and we have a solid core, although we'd likely target a WR pretty highly in the 2025 draft anyway. 

I see us moving on from Deebo next offseason

I wouldn't give him real money or anything, but I'm largely whatever about it. I just don't think he provides a large enough net gain as a player. Very good niche player, but he's still a niche role player. I don't think that the team is significantly better / worse with or without him. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I wouldn't give him real money or anything, but I'm largely whatever about it. I just don't think he provides a large enough net gain as a player. Very good niche player, but he's still a niche role player. I don't think that the team is significantly better / worse with or without him. 

He's about as good at his role as it's possible to be without getting a bigger one. Was the best perimeter blocker among wr by just about every measuring entity. Beat man coverage well (albeit against a slew of the other team's worst defenders) and broke a ton of tackles per reception. Came down with a couple of contested catches. Only thing you could improve on with a replacement is getting a bit more vertical explosiveness. 

But you can't pay guys real money to be on the field less than half the time and catch ~30 balls. There's just too many guys to pay for that.

• Like 1