2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

So tomorrow free agency unofficially starts. We made one of the biggest moves last offseason with Hargrave. What's going to be the move the first few days in free agency tomorrow? Any big move made this offseason or more so just smaller deals to keep the team stacked with its current core and rely on the draft to get one or two big contributors? 

The Eagles allowing Redick AND Sweat to pursue trades lets me know they have a high priced player they will be making a move for very soon....It will likely be someone like Snead. So you sacrifice some of your pass rush for an elite secondary player. Not a bad trade off, especially with the make up of that defense. 

39 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The Eagles allowing Redick AND Sweat to pursue trades lets me know they have a high priced player they will be making a move for very soon....It will likely be someone like Snead. So you sacrifice some of your pass rush for an elite secondary player. Not a bad trade off, especially with the make up of that defense. 

I think they want to get Nolan Smith more reps as a pass rusher and I think they are targeting huff. Definitely feels like they are trying to re-allocate their roster construction

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

So tomorrow free agency unofficially starts. We made one of the biggest moves last offseason with Hargrave. What's going to be the move the first few days in free agency tomorrow? Any big move made this offseason or more so just smaller deals to keep the team stacked with its current core and rely on the draft to get one or two big contributors? 

I think legal tampering starts Monday if I'm not mistaken. We are already hearing about targets though lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I have no idea how this offseason is going to play out, but moving on from any of the main contributors without a ring would be difficult.  I understand there is likely a case being made to pivot skill sets to match Purdy, but moving on from any main contributor would be a tough emotional blow.  These are mostly home grown guys who have been through every step of adversity.

I'd call the Browns and see what they want for Moore. Dude has had a rocky start to his NFL career, but I think he's the type of player that Shanny would probably like. Only one year left on his deal as well. 

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Props to AA. He really was a fixture here and had to overcome a lot of adversity early on. Really sad to see him go, lot of respect for him as  man and player.

• Like 6