2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

I don’t dislike Kyle, but I think he’s incredibly arrogant and a bit “it’s my way or the highway” type. His finger print is on EVERYTHING! Don’t say, that’s what coaches do, good coaches surround themselves with other coach’s/coordinators they value and respekt.

Kyle is easily one of the top OCs, as well as coaches, but it’s simple to see that he chokes in big opportunities. He tries to be too cute or goes away from plays/players that are working. I couldn’t tell you why, sometimes I feel like he wants to win it his way. 

By all means, he’s a good coach and he’s not going anywhere anytime soon, but I would LOVE for him to stop trying to go against what’s working and for the love of GOD learn the OT rules in the playoffs! 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StevenK said:

Kyle is easily one of the top OCs, as well as coaches, but it’s simple to see that he chokes in big opportunities. He tries to be too cute or goes away from plays/players that are working. I couldn’t tell you why, sometimes I feel like he wants to win it his way. 

This used to be my biggest complaint about him. It was totally confusing and frustrating. But I didn't really have this thought in this latest Superbowl. I don't feel like much was working tbh. They were locking up our WRs and killing our run game... This allowed them to blitz whenever and however they wanted, which Spags has said as well. Still CMC had like 30 touches and we left the field with the lead after almost every possession. Deebo and Kittle were both hurt and they were playing like it, which is probably why Jennings was so productive.

Where he really screwed up imo was trying to go for the kill after interception. He always tries a big play action shot play and Spags knew it was coming. It hurt him in the falcons Superbowl as well. This SB loss is the most painful sports loss I've ever experienced as a fan, barely slept that night... So I kind of get why people are angry at Kyle, it was brutal. 

In 2019 what really pissed me off was him not trying to score before the end of the first half in SB. I'm still angry about it tbh. Even Lynch was calling for a timeout in the box.  I thought that showed a huge lack of killer instinct. To me that passivity carried over into the second half.  

As for his arrogance, I think that's kind of subjective. I just see a guy who doesn't like talking to the media much or talking much at all to journalists who don't really know the game very well. Maybe I'm giving him a pass here, as I hate the media and journalists as well. 

Edited by WhyAmIHere

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'll also add that before this SB loss I had no doubt that Kyle was THE GUY. I definitely have my doubts now. 

If Kyle is not THE GUY, THE GUY only exists in Kansas City and wherever is lucky enough to go on a run without having to face Kansas City (at least without Tom Brady) at the end of it.

Edited by y2lamanaki
  • Like 4

https://x.com/OurSf49ers/status/1792916228895383573

How are they still not close? You know what the market is at this point so either you want to commit to Aiyuk long-term or you do not. We have his 5th year option this year so we can let it play out and then tag and trade next offseason if need be. It will be very disappointing if we can't come to terms on a long-term deal though. 

12 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

If Kyle is not THE GUY, THE GUY only exists in Kansas City and wherever is lucky enough to go on a run without having to face Kansas City (at least without Tom Brady) at the end of it.

THE GUY also needs to be lucky enough for punts to bounce off punt returners and receivers to fumble exactly as they hit the goal line and have key defenders pop tendons just getting onto the field. Postseasons are small samples of games featuring similarly good teams separated by small margins that are not entirely determined by on field actions. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

https://x.com/OurSf49ers/status/1792916228895383573

How are they still not close? You know what the market is at this point so either you want to commit to Aiyuk long-term or you do not. We have his 5th year option this year so we can let it play out and then tag and trade next offseason if need be. It will be very disappointing if we can't come to terms on a long-term deal though. 

Tag and trade next year would lead to a disappointing return as well. Probably a mid to late second round pick

15 minutes ago, Forge said:

Tag and trade next year would lead to a disappointing return as well. Probably a mid to late second round pick

Of course, but at least we get another season out of him and then can get a decent pick. But if we were going to trade him, then getting a first this year should have been the move. Of course, that is if a team was willing to offer us that. 

Just get the damn deal done already. 

1 hour ago, JIllg said:

THE GUY also needs to be lucky enough for punts to bounce off punt returners and receivers to fumble exactly as they hit the goal line and have key defenders pop tendons just getting onto the field. Postseasons are small samples of games featuring similarly good teams separated by small margins that are not entirely determined by on field actions. 

Not to mention facing a QB who has had an insane amount of luck avoiding injuries...Brock has already had a season-ender. Mahomie never has in his 6 or so years in the league. How do you get that lucky?

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

If something gets done, it won't be until right before training camp.

Of course, that's how this team does business but it does not need to be that way here. And waiting longer for Lamb/Jefferson to potentially get their deals done makes no sense. You want Aiyuk to be in the ballpark of the WRs that have gotten their deals already this offseason. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Of course, that's how this team does business but it does not need to be that way here. And waiting longer for Lamb/Jefferson to potentially get their deals done makes no sense. You want Aiyuk to be in the ballpark of the WRs that have gotten their deals already this offseason. 

I'm guessing the Yorks just don't have the cash on hand to make a deal of that magnitude until the July timeframe.

1 hour ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm guessing the Yorks just don't have the cash on hand to make a deal of that magnitude until the July timeframe.

I don't think that is it. They just have a way of doing things and always low ball early on and then give in when camp starts. It is what leads players to getting so ticked off during this time of the year. 

Looking forward to seeing if Pearsall gets any reps with Purdy today.