2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

26 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Was this the only HL the 49ers posted? Because it is the only one that I see from mini camp. Deebo had a very good season last year and should be even better this upcoming season. It does not look like he has a long-term future on this team past this year but I hope he ends it with a bang

Same. Especially if it is his last year with us, which is likely. Anything he can do to up his trade value would be fantastic. I'd love it if he came out and had another 1st team all-pro year.  

2 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

I'm definitely gonna miss Deebo. So many games where I just marveled at his ability to do the unthinkable. 

That Eagles game this past year 🤌

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Forge said:

Fowler says the niners and Aiyuk aren't close and talks haven't really ramped up. 

Feels dumb to me if Housch was right on the compensation Aiyuk wants bc that number is reasonable and not one they’re coming down from under pressure. And if the idea is to make him play on the fifth year option, I don’t get it either. Should have pushed harder to sign him pre draft or trade him then in that case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

Feels dumb to me if Housch was right on the compensation Aiyuk wants bc that number is reasonable and not one they’re coming down from under pressure. And if the idea is to make him play on the fifth year option, I don’t get it either. Should have pushed harder to sign him pre draft or trade him then in that case.

This is the first time where I really feel like it was a mistake not to get aggressive early in the off season for a contract extension. There were simply too many good receivers who were eligible for an extension to bump the market to be lackadaisical about it. 

That said, for all i know Aiyuk was playing hardball from jump because he knew what was going to happen in the market. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Forge said:

This is the first time where I really feel like it was a mistake not to get aggressive early in the off season for a contract extension. There were simply too many good receivers who were eligible for an extension to bump the market to be lackadaisical about it. 

That said, for all i know Aiyuk was playing hardball from jump because he knew what was going to happen in the market. 

I was gonna say.... Aiyuk was probably waiting for the Jefferson deal to hit. 

21 hours ago, Forge said:

They do the same thing every year and played the same hand one too many times. There was just wayyyy too many top WRs up for deals this offseason. The ARSB deal should be presented to Aiyuk the exact same way with Aiyuk getting a dollar more of total and guaranteed money lol. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Apparently Trent wants an extension too now.  Is this good or bad?  I can see both. Obviously it's good that he feels good enough to play multiple more years...

I would not like to give him guaranteed money out further than in time he is currently getting it. If you want to mess with the early base salaries to be smaller and push them out a year or two while adding more guarantees in these first three years, I get it. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, WhyAmIHere said:

Apparently Trent wants an extension too now.  Is this good or bad?  I can see both. Obviously it's good that he feels good enough to play multiple more years...

Aaron Donald did the same thing and played two more years. I'd be hesitant to read more into it than Trent just wants to be the highest paid tackle in the league. I kind of figured Trent was going to keep going two more years anyway. 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, straighthate said:

This teams acting like they won the Super Bowl 

It's seems like this to me, and it's disappointing.  The players freaking choked.  

Trent was awful in the SB and CMC's fumble was insanely problematic...I mean those two players alone probably cost the team about 10-14 points...yet these are the two asking for more money lol.  The thing I've seen about Trent is this - his freaking ego is huge.  I'll probably catch some hate for this but he's always come across as selfish to me.  I heard when he came in he just decided to take up two lockers...who the hell does that?  Is that going on anywhere in the league, do any other "leaders" do that?  Only someone who is pretty selfish would do that imo.  It's a small thing but it says a lot.  

59 minutes ago, straighthate said:

This teams acting like they won the Super Bowl 

I have the opposite feeling. Seems more like all of our vets want more guaranteed money before they pay Brock.

This isn’t JG Wentworth though and I think some of our guys need to realize and just play out their contract. Just because some OTs got paid, shouldn’t mean you need a raise. Feels like the roster is becoming more individual as opposed to team oriented. 

We as fans already know next year is going to be a huge turnover and the vets know this too. So pay me now! 

• Like 3