2024 49ers offseason

49erurtaza

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The team is not going to cut Luter. They are high on him and he flashed some last week to show why the team is high on him.

Conley will likely not be picked up by another team if he is cut and put on the PS.

Trent Taylor needs to retire, he's not NFL caliber.

I think it would be a mistake to cut Rock Ya-Sin. Have no idea if the team thinks that way or not. 

I would have expected Womack to be the odd man out and for the grouping to be Ward / DMO / Yiadom / Green / Ya-Sin / Luter, but the Womack kind of seems to be above Luter in the pecking order just based on how the Saints game plays out. 

I agree that they could put Conley on the PS and that's would I would have expected if any of the young receivers had done even a single thing worthwhile to earn a roster spot. But they've all pretty much sucked.  Conley costs more from a vet minimum perspective than a guy like Bell, so maybe that would be Bell's saving grace, but frankly I'm not at all put out by the idea of moving on from Bell / Gray / Tay Martin. Agreed on Taylor, though I expect him on the practice squad. 

The one thing I've been kicking around is the idea that Feliciano may open on IR and Zakelj makes the roster. I think that needs to be taken as a realistic possibility at this point. 

Just now, Forge said:

I think it would be a mistake to cut Rock Ya-Sin. Have no idea if the team thinks that way or not. 

I would have expected Womack to be the odd man out and for the grouping to be Ward / DMO / Yiadom / Green / Ya-Sin / Luter, but the Womack kind of seems to be above Luter in the pecking order just based on how the Saints game plays out. 

I agree that they could put Conley on the PS and that's would I would have expected if any of the young receivers had done even a single thing worthwhile to earn a roster spot. But they've all pretty much sucked.  Conley costs more from a vet minimum perspective than a guy like Bell, so maybe that would be Bell's saving grace, but frankly I'm not at all put out by the idea of moving on from Bell / Gray / Tay Martin. Agreed on Taylor, though I expect him on the practice squad. 

The one thing I've been kicking around is the idea that Feliciano may open on IR and Zakelj makes the roster. I think that needs to be taken as a realistic possibility at this point. 

I hope they pick Luter over Womack. I don't get to have eyes on practices very often, but Luter has consistently been rated highly by those that do have eyes on them. Plus, Luter has actual size and length and gives us a real press-y outside guy on the bench and on the roster for next year when we are unlikely to still have Ward.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

The one thing I've been kicking around is the idea that Feliciano

Yup I think your on point here. I've heard that 49ers don't think Feliciano body can hold up for a entire season. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JIllg said:

I hope they pick Luter over Womack. I don't get to have eyes on practices very often, but Luter has consistently been rated highly by those that do have eyes on them. Plus, Luter has actual size and length and gives us a real press-y outside guy on the bench and on the roster for next year when we are unlikely to still have Ward.

Plus, lets not forget that Luter was one of my shadow draft picks last year. 

So its very important that I not look bad in this regard. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Yup I think your on point here. I've heard that 49ers don't think Feliciano body can hold up for a entire season. 

Its a shame too, because I think the team was really kicking around the idea of him at center this year. 

Maybe he was just rusty, that's absolutely a possibility, but Brendel was horribad against the Saints. Specifically in the run game.

Its not very hard to convince me that the best line combination we could put out there when all are healthy is Trent - Banks - Feliciano - Puni - McKivitz. 

• Like 1

Interesting that he didn't say banks is our starting LG. Who tf else is going to be our LG? Maybe feliciano when gets back?? 

Banks hasn't been good since he came back from the toe injury. It's a problem. 

1 hour ago, N4L said:

Interesting that he didn't say banks is our starting LG. Who tf else is going to be our LG? Maybe feliciano when gets back?? 

Banks hasn't been good since he came back from the toe injury. It's a problem. 

Banks didn't play. Zakelj was the starting left guard in the game and shanny was talking about the starters that were in with Purdy against the saints

• Like 2

On 6/17/2024 at 1:32 PM, adamq said:

Could they fit McLaurin in to the cap? I wouldn't be thrilled, but definitely content with him plus draft capital for Aiyuk

I'll take a victory lap if thus happens.very curious that wash made it a priority to move up from a 5 to a 3 instead of just taking on a pick for dotson