2024 Offseason: The Combine

swede700

13 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

Marvin Harrison Jr. will not be working out at the Scouting Combine in Indianapolis this week and another top wide receiver prospect has made the same decision.

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reports that Malik Nabers will not run or do other drills during the event. He will meet with teams and take care of other off-field business with an eye on doing his on-field work at LSU’s Pro Day in late March.

While Nabers and Harrison will not work out, former Washington receiver Rome Odunze is slated to go through on-field testing this week.

https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profootballtalk/rumor-mill/news/malik-nabers-wont-run-do-drills-at-scouting-combine

I understand,  but I hate these decisions. It's a JOB interview!

21 minutes ago, Captain Relax said:

I'd like to see them do it as well just out of pure competitiveness (as I'm a fairly competitive person), but yes, there's really nothing to gain for either Marvin Jr or Malik.  Odunze isn't necessarily a lock for the top 10 and with Penix throwing, he'll probably ask for him to throw to him during the Combine.  🤣

Edited by swede700

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

A job interview that comes with risk of getting injured or diminishing your value if you perform poorly. If Harrison tears his ACL doing drills, are the teams going to compensate him for that? Nope. He already knows he’s a sought after candidate and that he’ll get the job somewhere. No need to jeopardize that. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wcblack34 said:

A job interview that comes with risk of getting injured or diminishing your value if you perform poorly. If Harrison tears his ACL doing drills, are the teams going to compensate him for that? Nope. He already knows he’s a sought after candidate and that he’ll get the job somewhere. No need to jeopardize that. 

The likelihood of injury at the no-contact underwear Olympics is pretty small.  If I were a GM...again, I am completely unqualified...I would not interview a candidate that won't do the drills.

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

I just watched KOC's press conference...there wasn't a lot of nuggets there to give us any indication on their plans.  KAM is up now.

Early on, just from body language, it looks like KAM is much more positive on getting a deal done with Kirk over Danielle.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, swede700 said:

Early on, just from body language, it looks like KAM is much more positive on getting a deal done with Kirk over Danielle.

I know others disagree, but keeping Danielle and getting a 4th round pick as compensation was bad GMing....

1 hour ago, Captain Relax said:

If I were a GM...again, I am completely unqualified...I would not interview a candidate that won't do the drills.

You're holding on to the Old School, my man. Times have changed.

"We live in a different world than we did thirty seconds ago...."

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, PrplChilPill said:

I know others disagree, but keeping Danielle and getting a 4th round pick as compensation was bad GMing....

I can see it both ways.  I don't know what they were offered for Danielle, but Kirk got injured right before the trade deadline, so I don't know what kind of signal that would have sent to the rest of the team. 

• Like 1