Chargers hire Marc Trestman

SteelKing728

Love it. The dude was successful up until flopping as a head coach and now will be a senior assistant. Another voice in the room, another evaluation that Harbs will consider. Another quarterback evaluating game film and filtering it for Herbert doesn’t hurt. Spanos definitely made a change this time around and I’m excited to see if the Chargers can not Charger this season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Soko said:

18820731-e1660346350884.jpg

I saw him on Saturday at an agency party and it was funny because he was up in the VIP booths with the other NFL guys, but NOBODY interacted with him lol and his was like Jordan Love, Tua, Puka Nacua, Micah Parsons, Jevon Holland, and others.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

he was up in the VIP booths with the other NFL guys

23 minutes ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

like Jordan Love, Tua, Puka Nacua, Micah Parsons, Jevon Holland, and others.

Interesting that group would want to be in the Very Important Predator section

• Like 2

Funny to see his name still popping up after the way things went previously...but this sounds like it might well be a role that he's okay for.  Just adding another offensive minded perspective to things.  Some things that are probably outside of the typical Harbaugh scope.  How much of that is ever even adopted or incorporated, i guess we'll see.  But it isn't necessarily a bad idea for a coach to bring in an advisory voice that approaches things from a very different direction.  Harbaugh is obviously going to be the biggest, final voice in the room...but a little bit of pushback and a voice outside the box isn't a bad idea to expose some potential blindspots or oversights.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, AFlaccoSeagulls said:

On topic - I wonder if John Harbaugh gave the green light to this hire. Obviously Trestman was in Baltimore for one year and absolutely flopped hard as an OC, but I don't think Jim would hire him if John didn't have good things to say.

Maybe? Roman’s time didn’t end well with the Ravens either and yet Jim hired him as OC for some reason. And yes, I do get that they had a previous history together before Roman was with John.

Edited by Xenos

54 minutes ago, Danger said:

Who'd they hire at OC..?

Greg Roman OC, Andy Bischoff Run game coordinator, Marcus Brady Pass Game Coordinator, Marc Trestman Senior Offensive assistant… Nick Hardwick coming back as assistant offensive line coach, Navarro Bowman coming in to coach Linebackers…

Fiicken stayed and oh yea Minter as DC

Chargers are trying to have a coach for every Player.