2023 Montreal Alouettes vs the 2023 Kansas City Chiefs

NeptunePenguins

How would this game go under NFL rules and how would it go under CFL rules? Will Canadians natural toughness make them too much for the Chiefs to handle? Also have them play at both team's home stadiums. I feel the game would be somewhat closer under CFL rules but a guaranteed blowout under NFL rules. What would the score look like? Also this was made since there was talk that the Chiefs cannot call themselves World Champs since they don't play the CFL team after the Super Bowl or something.

Edited by NeptunePenguins
  • Like 2

The highest paid player in the CFL makes less per year than the lowest paid player on the Chiefs roster. If any of those players were NFL caliber, they would be in the NFL. Since they're not, it would be a horrendous mismatch and Montreal would get destroyed. Final score would be dictated by either any mercy rule that is set pre-game, or whatever score the Chiefs get bored at and start running out the clock with intentionally short run plays.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, scar988 said:

It would be 70-0 Chiefs under both rules. The talent disparity the Chiefs have is just way too much compared to the Alouettes. 

Heck, I think Michigan rolls Montreal 38-7.

• Like 1

The CFL leading receiver in 2022 (Dalton Schoen) was cut by the Chiefs after preseason. He wasn’t able to crack the 53 man roster

But he’s been a top 3 receiver ever since he came into the CFL

Chiefs would win very easily, with either set of rules and in any stadium

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Nightime said:

The CFL leading receiver in 2022 (Dalton Schoen) was cut by the Chiefs after preseason. He wasn’t able to crack the 53 man roster

But he’s been a top 3 receiver ever since he came into the CFL

Chiefs would win very easily, with either set of rules and in any stadium

In the history of the CFL, you can count the number of guys who made an impact on the NFL on two hands:

- Warren Moon (a genuine HoF QB)

- Doug Flutie (last person to successfully score a dropkick in the NFL, for whatever that's worth)

- Rocket Ismail (a gadget KR/PR with a few good seasons under his belt)

- Cameron Wake (a very good pass rusher)

- Jeff Garcia (a few years of high level play before turning into a journeyman QB)

- Brandon Browner (went to Canada at 6' 4" 175lbs, came back 6' 4" 235lbs, repeatedly busted for PEDs and claimed Adderal)

That is genuinely all I can remember. I say that to illustrate that the CFL guys aren't NFL caliber, not by a long shot. The UFL might be a better benchmark as far as talent, I honestly think the top 10 CFB teams could beat the CFL teams.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think a more interesting question would be who wins

2023 Michigan Wolverines vs 2023 Montreal Alouettes

I think it's still not Montreal.

How far down do you have to go in the CFB rankings to find a team Montreal can beat? I think the final four (Alabama, Texas, Washington, Michigan) beat them handily. Georgia absolutely demolishes them. Maybe Florida State? Oregon? Maybe Missouri? I think OSU would beat them even though they're lower ranked... Ole Miss? Arizona?

Just now, ET80 said:

How far down do you have to go in the CFB rankings to find a team Montreal can beat? I think the final four (Alabama, Texas, Washington, Michigan) beat them handily. Georgia absolutely demolishes them. Maybe Florida State? Oregon? Maybe Missouri? I think OSU would beat them even though they're lower ranked... Ole Miss? Arizona?

Really hard to say. I'd have to do an in depth look into the quality of coaching and talent in the CFL, which frankly I'm not all that encouraged to do. I definitely don't think any of the top tier teams are losing to Montreal.

• Like 1

Just now, Danger said:

Really hard to say. I'd have to do an in depth look into the quality of coaching and talent in the CFL, which frankly I'm not all that encouraged to do. I definitely don't think any of the top tier teams are losing to Montreal.

I agree. There's very little that'll convince me a Kirby Smart-led Georgia team would really have problems with any team up north. 

Liberty is 25th - I think that's where you see a Montreal W.