Free agent Frenzy 2024!!

24 minutes ago, Forge said:

I will say that Jax at 17 does have a pick that makes sense to acquire Aiyuk. AJ Brown got 18 and a third. Aiyuk isn't Brown, but 17 isn't going to be a breaking point there if that is in play. There just likely wouldn't be anything coming with it or maybe we throw back a late pick 

Khan out here trying to win the Free Agency Championship lol.

I've said all along that BA brings more trade value than Deebo currently so it's not surprising if he's the one that gets traded. 

Still be surprised if it happened but I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

Said after the SB with how BA & his fam handled the loss kind left a sour taste in my mouth so it's whatever for me.

• Like 1

Regardless, I think you don't trade Aiyuk this season. He counts for $14 million against the cap. That's well worth the price. You franchise him next year and then move him. I just don't think it makes sense to trade him even if he takes the Bosa approach and holds out. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

And THIS is Kyle's problem and a reason why we keep putting out crap every single season. Kyle thinks he can scheme players open better than anyone else and that Forester will get the OL playing well....Except that never ends up happening in big games. Welp. 

Arrogance. Same reason he always wanted cast off running backs

12 minutes ago, 49erurtaza said:

Regardless, I think you don't trade Aiyuk this season. He counts for $14 million against the cap. That's well worth the price. You franchise him next year and then move him. I just don't think it makes sense to trade him even if he takes the Bosa approach and holds out. 

Agreed but if BA & his reps have made it clear that they aren't willing to budge of a certain number. Or they just truly want him to go somewhere where he can be force fed the ball, their hands are kind of tied. So, the FO should be proactive if that is the case.

Edited by 757-NINER

2 minutes ago, 757-NINER said:

Agreed but if BA & his reps have made it clear that they aren't willing to budge of a certain number. Or they just truly want him to go somewhere where he can be force fed the ball, their hands are kind of tied. So, the FO should be proactive if that is the case.

I don't think this front office will allow him to force their hand. The only option Aiyuk has in his bag is holding out. But then again, the 49ers just showed they aren't going to budge and let you hold out all of training camp. We have seen it with Deebo; they don't care if you request a trade. I'm sure they have some crazy valuation on Aiyuk and would probably ask for multiple high-value draft picks. 

• Like 1

Another rando stating that Aiyuk to Jags could happen. 

I shouldn't call her a rando, she does have 26K followers, including some NFL people like Jeremy Fowler 

*edit*

apparently a Jags media member 

1 minute ago, Forge said:

Another rando stating that Aiyuk to Jags could happen. 

I shouldn't call her a rando, she does have 26K followers, including some NFL people like Jeremy Fowler 

I'm sure the Jaguars would be interested, but that doesn't matter if the 49ers aren't willing to trade him. If the Jaguars were to give up the 17th overall pick and another premium pick, I'm sure that would be the starting point. On a other note at least Baalke now realizes he can't scout a WR to safe his life and is just over paying for WRs. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm sure the Jaguars would be interested, but that doesn't matter if the 49ers aren't willing to trade him. If the Jaguars were to give up the 17th overall pick and another premium pick, I'm sure that would be the starting point. On a other note at least Baalke now realizes he can't scout a WR to safe his life and is just over paying for WRs. 

17 on it's own is probably enough to get the conversation started about Aiyuk in earnest. Not sure it requires an additional "premium" pick, but depends on your classification. 

Receiver market has been pretty static in trades. Adams is the one pretty substantial outlier at a one and 2. This came up when Deebo was looking for a deal and people were saying #10 wasn't enough.  If the niners are amenable to moving Aiyuk, a stance I don't really quite get but let's just assume it's a possibility and they are kicking tires, the receiver trade market suggests you're probably looking at something like 17 + a fourth maybe? Maybe 17 + third for Aiyuk + fourth or something. 

I've long stood by the notion that the trade comp I would use for Aiyuk would be Diggs. That was a 1 + 5  + 6 + future 4th. That first round pick was number 22. The difference between 22 and 17 is roughly a third round pick. 

AJ Brown was moved for pick 18 + a 3. 

That to me is the very clear bracket of comps

• Like 1