49ers sign Leonard Floyd

Forge

Need to see the exact contract details but not bad. He's not going to help us against the run all that much but he has been a double digit or near double digit sack guy for some years now. Would still like to bring Young back. 

1 minute ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Pretty significant amount of guaranteed in year one. 

That's fine with me, I think. Looking at the edge market, same as van ginkle got for the most part

When Floyd has been insulated and not needed to be the man, he's done production

I would have preferred younger, but the 49ers may have also really wanted that durability. Dude is never hurt. 

In terms of value, I think it's fine. He probably wouldn't have been my top 3 choice or anything, but he just kind of does his thing and seems consistent about it 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, 49ersfan said:

Its OK i guess...Danielle Hunter is probably a pipe dream with his $ ask, but i was hoping for Bryce Huff or Josh Uche 

Yea I was interested in Uche, but I doubt he will get signed by us since Floyd and him are similar speed guys. 

Have to imagine we get a run defending edge. 

9 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's fine with me, I think. Looking at the edge market, same as van ginkle got for the most part

When Floyd has been insulated and not needed to be the man, he's done production

Yeah, it's fine for the type of player he is. You already know he's going to get you 9-11 sacks and will hopefully continue his great durability.

I'm hoping we bring back DJ Jones if the Broncos end up cutting him. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Yeah, it's fine for the type of player he is. You already know he's going to get you 9-11 sacks and will hopefully continue his great durability.

I'm hoping we bring back DJ Jones if the Broncos end up cutting him. 

Wouldn’t mind getting DJ Reader either. Good run defender as well. 

• Like 1

It's funny the problems people are having with this elsewhere. It must stem from higher expectations. People were thinking Hunter, Bosa, etc and upset about settling for Floyd. Only thing I can figure. 

Floyd kind of is what he is. It's mostly about whether age catches up to him

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

It's funny the problems people are having with this elsewhere. It must stem from higher expectations. People were thinking Hunter, Bosa, etc and upset about settling for Floyd. Only thing I can figure. 

Floyd kind of is what he is. It's mostly about whether age catches up to him

Exactly no chance 49ers could compete for big edge names. They need to find value at edge hopefully Floyd can still produce. This is basically a 1 year deal.

• Like 1