WE GOT QUEEN!!!

2 hours ago, Ward4HOF said:

Everyone has an opinion...

"Typically, teams overpay for top free agents at their position, though Pittsburgh will sign Queen to a deal that slots him seventh among linebackers in average annual salary.

The Steelers addressed the weakest unit of their defense at a reasonable price.

Grade: A-"

Whoever the heck Maurice Moton is...but point is, he's right...we signed the potentially top off-ball LB, today, and on 'today', he's just the 7th highest paid off-ball LB in the league.  How many teams can say that, who signed interior OL yesterday or today???  The Ravens just spent $75M Guaranteed (the highest % of Gtd Money for any DT making over $25MM total??) for a DT with one top year of production?  How is that better, exactly?

The numbers don’t bother me at all (it’s all Monopoly money anyway) but it’s the idea that they are buying Batman but getting a Robin. 

Remember: this is a guy the ravens declined the 5th year option too and traded A 2nd round pick and paid $100M to upgrade his position. That doesn’t scream “we love this guy!”  

Its just hard for me to get excited about that at what I consider a non-premium position. Woulda rather spent that money elsewhere. 

• Like 1

the 0idea of gettign a proven pro at ILB is a good idea. Now lets hope he doesn't get injured like everyone else does here at ILB.   If he can't cover though, whats the point?   I.Simmons might have been a better option for less, but Queen has been good next to Smith and the more talented ravens defence. Wait and see how this goes, Queen was a player I thought would help out, see how this goes

10 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

Heck yeah, brother! Let that sweet pessimism sink in for you too!

Its funny being on the more optimistic side on here, for once...for both Wilson and Queen.

Not that I think either are particularity special players or signings, but I see both signing as net positives with little to no downside.

Wilson is getting 3rd string scrap money.   Even if he sat on the bench all year, it wouldn't be a big deal.    I saw that moron Kaboly claim signing Wilson could set the Steelers back years.    GTFO drama queen.   I respect if people arent high on Wilson, but this its about as low cost/potentially high reward that you can find.   I dont see a massive payoff, but I think he will offer the best QB play we have had since at least 2020,  and maybe even 2018.     Only people who should be really upset are those still hopeful about Kenny's chances of being a franchise QB...but those chances are dreadfully low.

As far as Queen....Roquan definitely helped, but I think he learned from him too.    Is he a special player?   No, but he isnt being paid like one, either.   He should be the most dependable ILB since Shazier, even if not quite as good (although many people overrate how good Shazier actually was).

• Like 2

16 hours ago, bigben07MVP said:

Just got a text from a friend of mine who is a die hard Ravens fan:

“That’s a bargain of a contract for him. He was our best player on defense last year outside of Roquan….Learning from Roquan took his game to the next level”

My Ravens fan said it’s like VWill was given Bush’s athleticism for Steelers language.