49ers sign DT Jordan Elliott

Forge

Meh. Decent interior pass rusher, but doesn't excel against the run. I think Givens is a better player and could've been retained for cheaper, but we'll see. I have faith in Kocurek to identify the guys he likes and continue their development.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, struby3 said:

Meh. Decent interior pass rusher, but doesn't excel against the run. I think Givens is a better player and could've been retained for cheaper, but we'll see. I have faith in Kocurek to identify the guys he likes and continue their development.

Who says we won't? We have a ton of snaps to make up between Kinlaw and Armstead. 

The one thing worth noting is that he was an absolutely horrific tackler last year. I'm assuming that was a bit of an outlier and we won't see that again. I don't think that's a problem that has really plagued him throughout his career. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 49erurtaza said:

I'm surprised (and relieved) to see this. I try to watch every NFL game (edited to only show the plays...I don't have THAT much free time) and I've never thought of Elliott as a run stuffer.