Commanders trade Howell to Seahawks

48 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

He could actually start for the Seahawks and we get almost nothing for a young talented Q B . I keep trying to spin this one but ain't no frekkin' way ! well my second fav team is now the Seahawks and whoever is playing the Cowgirls .

Oddly enough my brother was always a Seahawks fan so this lets me keep tabs on Sam. He passed away before the Wilson trade so he would be pretty shocked right now with everything that's gone on there. I actually got him a Mitchell and Ness Bosworth jersey for Christmas the year before he passed. 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

Oddly enough my brother was always a Seahawks fan so this lets me keep tabs on Sam. He passed away before the Wilson trade so he would be pretty shocked right now with everything that's gone on there. I actually got him a Mitchell and Ness Bosworth jersey for Christmas the year before he passed. 

Sorry to hear that about your brother man. 🙏 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, e16bball said:

I totally agree with this.

I find it a little odd that the people who are big fans of Sam are up in arms about this. I get that maybe they wanted him the fold for us as long as possible, but he wasn’t ever going to have a real chance to start over the next two years — the FO/staff that chose him and has coached him is gone, and this new regime is going to invest massively in their own guy. Everything was going to be targeted at getting that guy ready to be a star, which was going to leave Sam totally in the shadows.

He’s now moved to a team with a ton of good weapons and a pretty mediocre aging QB. If it happens to click for him out there, he’s got a real chance to change his stars. It’s a happy day for Sam, as far as I’m concerned.

Exactly. I'm a big fan of his and like you said, while I wish he was still here, if the new regime has decided that he is not in their plans, then this is a WIN/WIN for both the team AND Sam. We get compensation for him better than what we used to draft him and he gets to start somewhere fresh where the FO and coaching staff have made the decision that he fits in their plans and they want him there. I hope he develops into a great QB for them (or someone else)

14 minutes ago, Thaiphoon said:

Exactly. I'm a big fan of his and like you said, while I wish he was still here, if the new regime has decided that he is not in their plans, then this is a WIN/WIN for both the team AND Sam. We get compensation for him better than what we used to draft him and he gets to start somewhere fresh where the FO and coaching staff have made the decision that he fits in their plans and they want him there. I hope he develops into a great QB for them (or someone else)

I will say, given the nightmares we’ve had against Seattle in recent (well, recent for us) playoff history, it would really chap my bum if Sam turns into a good starter and beats us in the playoffs some year. 

I’m rooting for him too, but…only kind of 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, e16bball said:

I will say, given the nightmares we’ve had against Seattle in recent (well, recent for us) playoff history, it would really chap my bum if Sam turns into a good starter and beats us in the playoffs some year. 

I’m rooting for him too, but…only kind of 😂

Well, yeah. I root for the team and the players on it. My personal favorites on other teams are allowed to do well unless they play us.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2024 at 10:36 AM, lavar703 said:

I remember you telling us when he passed still feel for you on that man.

What's interesting to me is that Seattle’s front office really liked Sam & was obviously impressed by him when we played them last year and he almost brought us back for the win. 

Sam is pretty comparable to Russell Wilson so I'm assuming they think he can be like Russ with some more development.

• Like 1

On 3/16/2024 at 7:28 PM, 4209 said:

Damm we got more for Howell

I read that they wanted to send Fields to somewhere he wanted to go to. So the Bears actually took a lesser deal than what they were offered from some other teams. I guess he wanted to go to Pitt & play for Tomlin/ learn from Russ. Probably a good move that will help his career development as a pocket passer.

Edited by turtle28