Chiefs sign Hollywood Brown

NYRaider

37 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Most of the struggles you’re talking about are when Rice was playing very low snap counts.   We don’t need a #1, just need guys to fill their roles.

We could use a number one, the thing is we don’t need the ego that comes with an elite one. Too distracting, they got championship goals, don’t need a diva pouting on the sidelines bringing bad vibes. 

1 minute ago, General Tso said:

This guy is kind of cooking 

I feel like there's no way he's legit and maybe he's just got something this year with a couple of the hits and we'll never hear from him again after this offseason, but I'm enjoying his posting so far

16 minutes ago, Xmad said:

You have. Yeah this is a very good move by the chiefs, was hoping the ravens would sign brown for a 1 year prove it deal or hell a long term deal to across from Zay.

Taking things with a "grain of rice" is definitely not the idiom.  It's salt.

I'm sorry that this ruins your little play on the Chiefs roster receivers here.  But please do not spread malapropisms.  They're contagious and detrimental to communication.

7 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

We could use a number one, the thing is we don’t need the ego that comes with an elite one. Too distracting, they got championship goals, don’t need a diva pouting on the sidelines bringing bad vibes. 

Some would argue having 3 really good #2 type WR is better than a clear #1 and then 3's and 4"s

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Could use.  But right now you’re installing  your offense off what Kelce and Rice do well,  so it’s going to be hard to get a Vet to come in and play 3rd fiddle.   Eventually you’re going to need that guy that takes Kelce’s spot in the offense and that likely comes through the draft,  and likely as a WR not TE. 

46 minutes ago, redsoxsuck05 said:

Or maybe you have to run short routes and screens all day long because you don't have the personnel to challenge teams downfield since Hill left? I like this signing for you guys btw.

Oh don’t get me wrong, Rashee isn’t a deep threat. He’s got elite acceleration, but the long speed isn’t exactly there. His game is in the short and intermediary as a zone buster and YAC Fiend. He had the most YAC in the NfL by anybody not named Tyreek Hill. Hence the 3 YPC stat, why wouldn’t you dump it off to an Elite YaC machine? Makes sense to me

Chiefs have worked on becoming efficient since Tyreek left, it worked in 2022 with a MVp season for Mahomes, not so much in 2023 because of how mistake-riddled the offense was. 

Im admittedly a big Rashee fan. Hes a Dawg, is a genuine playmaker, finds holes in the zone, but more than that he’s got Mahomes’ trust. You have to be “Patrick-Friendly” in this offense, and that’s not as easy as it sounds. Rashee has been from day one, dude is special. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, RedGold said:

Could use.  But right now you’re installing  your offense off what Kelce and Rice do well,  so it’s going to be hard to get a Vet to come in and play 3rd fiddle.   Eventually you’re going to need that guy that takes Kelce’s spot in the offense and that likely comes through the draft,  and likely as a WR not TE. 

I mean we are expected to sign Marqise Brown so that’s a great 3rd fiddle, could even be first fiddle depending on how he and Mahomes mesh. 

I mean define Kelces current role as a receiver; dynamic slot option, with yac ability, QB blanket dump off option, finds the hole in zones, and occasionally gets open deep downfield. Sounds a lot like what we’re grooming Rashee into.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiefer said:

I mean we are expected to sign Marqise Brown so that’s a great 3rd fiddle, could even be first fiddle depending on how he and Mahomes mesh. 

I mean define Kelces current role as a receiver; dynamic slot option, with yac ability, QB blanket dump off option, finds the hole in zones, and occasionally gets open deep downfield. Sounds a lot like what we’re grooming Rashee into.

0 complaints on this signing.  That was more for the why aren’t we doing more to get a #1 crowd 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

I'm sorry that this ruins your little play on the Chiefs roster receivers here.  But please do not spread malapropisms.  They're contagious and detrimental to communication.

watchout-badass.gif

40 minutes ago, Chiefer said:

Yeah.  It would be really unfortunate if you ended up with someone who might become a distraction or get all up in the coaches face on the sidelines or something.

3 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Yeah.  It would be really unfortunate if you ended up with someone who might become a distraction or get all up in the coaches face on the sidelines or something.

Kelce literally takes a pay cut so the team can win championships, an elite number one WR would never. He’s also the bad cop to Mahomes good cop, so yeah Big Yeti get mad he gonna get mad 😂

Edited by Chiefer

44 minutes ago, Tugboat said:

Not the sharpest spoon in the kitchen cupboard, is he?

• Like 2

I was on the fence about going after him due to the fact that every WR got some serious BAG this FA so I figured he would too

At this price I'm pretty excited and looking forward to not seeing MVS just runs sprints every play lol

Edited by Chiefs_5627