2024 Last Chance Mock - Discussion

dcat

with no way to bring in a qb for the raiders really, i just wanted to bring in some bodies for the o-line and work to get that kinda stable for the qb next year. add some bodies to the secondary. maybe add some bodies elsewhere if i loved the value. 

13. terrion arnold, cb
44. jordan morgan, ot/og
77. mason mccormick, og/c
112. andru phillips, cb
148. isaiah adams, og/ot

if i was gm from the get-go i probably would've just really focused on o-line for the first pick and even though i like arnold there a lot, would've went fuaga....

draft probably would've went

13. taliese fuaga ot/og
44. jordan morgan og/ot
77. mason mccormick og/c
112. andru phillips, cb
148. a cornerback who i won't name drop 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Daniel said:

Jags almost back to back picks, but gotta wait on @MikeT14in between.

nvm... totally misread.  thought there was a trade I missed

Edited by dcat

Jags needed CB help, so Kamal Hadden was a no-brainer.  He's not high end in any aspect, but he's not a guy that makes mistakes either.  Jags are hopefully set at CB1, but the rest of the group is straight bad, so hopefully a high floor guy like Hadden is the floor boost they need for the group.

I was actually gonna take another CB with the second pick til I saw Cowing was still on the board.  Undersized, but man, I love Cowing's tape.  And a fast deep threat will be a complement to McMillan.  Lawrence needs more weapons, and Cowing is a better player than the CB I was going to take.

trades now are tough. some teams with little left to use.   Becomes a quantity issue.  Jets have a pair of early 6ths and later Mr. and Mrs. Irrelevant (256, 257).  Combining a 6th with one of those Irrelevants really doesn't bring me up much unless a trade partner values quantity.  

• Like 1

Took Beau Brade.  Wanted to add a DB at some point for the Titans, but I actually had no plan when agreeing to trade up.  But I like Brade's tape.  Think he plays fast, good tackler, he attacks downhill, and he has plus size.  That's what you want in a safety.

• Like 3