2024 Last Chance Mock - Selections

dcat

With the 93rd pick in the 2024 NFL Draft, the Dallas Cowboys select...

dajeba4ejdhrac2wlfkq.jpg

Dominick Puni (OL) Kansas

"Dominick Puni stands out as a robust and versatile offensive lineman, possessing the physical attributes and on-field intelligence NFL teams covet. His ability to dominate in the run game, coupled with excellent pass protection skills, makes him an asset in both dimensions of the offense. His performance at the Senior Bowl further underscored his readiness to transition to the pro--game, showcasing adaptability by being able to play both tackle and guard.

However, Puni's transition to the NFL isn't without its challenges. His arm length and stance issues could limit effectiveness against the league's elite edge rushers, potentially necessitating a shift inside to guard where these limitations are less exposed. The tendency to bend at the waist and inconsistent hand placement are technical flaws that defensive linemen at the next level will exploit. 

In summary, Puni offers immediate value as a multi-position lineman with significant upside, especially as a pass protector. As teams increasingly prioritize versatile and smart linemen who can contribute across multiple spots on the line, Puni fits the mold of a Day 2 pick with the potential for a significant role early in his career. With focused coaching to refine his technique and leverage his strengths, he has the tools to develop into a dependable starter, providing valuable depth and flexibility to an NFL offensive line."

@Forge is OTC
@dcat is still OTC

Edited by MaddHatter
  • Like 1

Trade! The niners have traded pick 94 to the chiefs for pick 95 and a promise not to beat them in the super bowl again

The chiefs select Jermaine Burton, Wr, Alabama

The 49ers select Malik Washington, WR, Virginia

Posted (edited)

wait a minute

Puni was my pick.  that will be the dfirst time I've ever been skipped in my own draft.  Wow.  

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, dcat said:

wait a minute

Puni was my pick

We gave NYRaider and  a lot of you well over the clock.  Pick was made a few minues fter the clock expired.  Unless my math is wrong

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

The irony is I was busy putting the picks into the sheet that were made, one by one.  I processed the trade.  Finally I get to my # and see it was skipped.   

So we are not rolling it back.   Tampa is looking to trade down.  Allow me the time in the morning to find a trade partner.  Menawhile, don't make picks.. yet.  If I cant trade out then I'll pick something.

edit:  Forget it  Pick is in

Move on

Edited by dcat
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Forge said:

Trade! The niners have traded pick 94 to the chiefs for pick 95 and a promise not to beat them in the super bowl again

The chiefs select Jermaine Burton, Wr, Alabama

The 49ers select Malik Washington, WR, Virginia

this actually confused me until I looked at the sheet.

• Like 1