Long Awaited 1st and Only Mock Draft

Bobby816

2024 NFL DRAFT

*** The NY Jets trade our 10th and 72nd pick to Las Vegas for their 13th and 44th pick ***

1st. (13th) Brock Bowers (TE/Georgia): Too good to pass up after grabbing a 2nd for LV to move ahead of DEN and Minnesota to choose a QB. Bowers becomes our starting TE right away and is used a a slot WR quite a bit too. He can hold his own blocking as well. Really fits several things we need. An additional blocker when needed and a weapon. We now have 3 young players in all phases weapon wise with Hall, Wilson and Bowers.

2nd. (44th) Jordan Morgan (OT/Arizona): We still get a good OT. Morgan is a very safe prospect. He does everything really good. But nothing incredibly great. Has that play style where he's very likely to be a 10 year starter for you at an above average level. He can battle with Warren as a backup OT if Smith can't last the whole season.

4th. (111th) Malik Washington (WR/Virginia): Another weapon for us. Malik is small but be plays tough and hard. He reminds me of Tank Dell. We need some WR depth and Washington battles Gipson for that starting slot role in camp. I think Malik should win it.

4th. (143th) Brandon Coleman (OL/TCU): Coleman is a guy that can play OT or OG. Likely battles Mitchell for a roster spot as a backup OG which for us has value with AVTs injury history. But he does have the flexibility to play OT as well.

6th. (185th) Kitan Oladapo (S/Oregon State): Hybrid safety that can play all over the field. He's a bigger S so you don't want him on quick slot type guys. But against TEs and bigger WRs he holds his own. He's a very good tackler which is good and he takes good angles.

7th. (256th) Jase McClellan (RB/Alabama): Has been overshadowed by some more talented backs at Bama... but he very well ight have a decent NFL career. We need RB help after Hall and Izzy. Jase offers that. He runs hard and between the tackles as a 225lb RB. So he'd be great for us in short yardage and goal line type areas.

7th. (257th) Sam Hartman (QB/Notre Dame): We opt to wait and draft our developmental QB. What I like about Hartman is he's worked his way and has learned. To learn behind Rodgers for 2 years can only help him. The bad is that he'll already be 25 when the season starts. So even if by an odd chance he's ready in 2026... he'd already be 27 and just not getting game time. But hey that's why he's here as Mr Irrelevant.

• Like 1

Not a fan at all, the Jets for years, years, need to solidify the mash unit we call an O line, and while any other year I could deal with your first choice. But in a year where the Jets are supposedly all in. Does it make sense to enter the season where you could lose half your OL before the first half of the season?

That would include AVT who has lost parts of 2 seasons which has seen him sidelined for the past 2 years. Smith who hasn't played a full season in probably a decade and played well enough last year to only "ONLY" miss 6 games, and Moses who played with a torn pec last year and is recovering.

HELL YES, it makes all the sense in the world to draft Bowers, who I think is an elite player, I'm not critiquing your pick. What I'm saying is the OL is the most pressing priority in a draft deep in WR's and TE's. But we have a pretty good one in Conklin and an up and coming Ruchert. 

As far as the rest of the group of guys you fill out the draft with, except Washington at WR, has any contact with the Jets or have the Jets seen at the combine, pro day, virtual contacts, senior bowl, etc. 

So while I respect your choices, I'm not a fan. 

Sadly, I expect the draft to follow something like this especially Bowers aa our FRP.  Great mock.  But any draft that does not have a FRP OT drops a grade IMO.  That said, Bowers probably has the greatest chance to get the most PT out of all our rookies we may draft.

1 hour ago, Big T said:

HELL YES, it makes all the sense in the world to draft Bowers, who I think is an elite player

Is he though?  46% of his completions were behind the LOS.  46%!.  That is insanely high.  Yes, he has great YAC but he has not really shown he can get separation when running routes past the LOS.  We have a player that does that already.  His name is Hall.

https://jetsxfactor.com/2024/04/05/ny-jets-brock-bowers-red-flag/

Edited by xrade

I don't like tight ends high. They never justify their spot. Ever. Pitts almost did, for one season, then disappeared.

That said, I get the temptation and if it did actually work out he would be a game breaker. I can't get too mad at shooting for the moon.

I'd prefer an OT first but getting a decent one in the second is ok.

5 hours ago, xrade said:

Is he though?  46% of his completions were behind the LOS.  46%!.  That is insanely high.  Yes, he has great YAC but he has not really shown he can get separation when running routes past the LOS.  We have a player that does that already.  His name is Hall.

Yeah I have serious concerns if his game is going to translate well against NFL defenders 

21 hours ago, xrade said:

Taking a quote out of context is disingenuous. I'm not for Brock Bowers on the Jets in round 1, on the contrary, I'm not even for a WR in round 1 no matter who it is that falls to us. I am for rebuilding a mash unit of an OL for the future, and what better time than what is being considered the strongest OL class in current memory.

On 4/8/2024 at 11:39 AM, Bobby816 said:

2024 NFL DRAFT

*** The NY Jets trade our 10th and 72nd pick to Las Vegas for their 13th and 44th pick ***

1st. (13th) Brock Bowers (TE/Georgia): Too good to pass up after grabbing a 2nd for LV to move ahead of DEN and Minnesota to choose a QB. Bowers becomes our starting TE right away and is used a a slot WR quite a bit too. He can hold his own blocking as well. Really fits several things we need. An additional blocker when needed and a weapon. We now have 3 young players in all phases weapon wise with Hall, Wilson and Bowers.

2nd. (44th) Jordan Morgan (OT/Arizona): We still get a good OT. Morgan is a very safe prospect. He does everything really good. But nothing incredibly great. Has that play style where he's very likely to be a 10 year starter for you at an above average level. He can battle with Warren as a backup OT if Smith can't last the whole season.

4th. (111th) Malik Washington (WR/Virginia): Another weapon for us. Malik is small but be plays tough and hard. He reminds me of Tank Dell. We need some WR depth and Washington battles Gipson for that starting slot role in camp. I think Malik should win it.

4th. (143th) Brandon Coleman (OL/TCU): Coleman is a guy that can play OT or OG. Likely battles Mitchell for a roster spot as a backup OG which for us has value with AVTs injury history. But he does have the flexibility to play OT as well.

6th. (185th) Kitan Oladapo (S/Oregon State): Hybrid safety that can play all over the field. He's a bigger S so you don't want him on quick slot type guys. But against TEs and bigger WRs he holds his own. He's a very good tackler which is good and he takes good angles.

7th. (256th) Jase McClellan (RB/Alabama): Has been overshadowed by some more talented backs at Bama... but he very well ight have a decent NFL career. We need RB help after Hall and Izzy. Jase offers that. He runs hard and between the tackles as a 225lb RB. So he'd be great for us in short yardage and goal line type areas.

7th. (257th) Sam Hartman (QB/Notre Dame): We opt to wait and draft our developmental QB. What I like about Hartman is he's worked his way and has learned. To learn behind Rodgers for 2 years can only help him. The bad is that he'll already be 25 when the season starts. So even if by an odd chance he's ready in 2026... he'd already be 27 and just not getting game time. But hey that's why he's here as Mr Irrelevant.

Welcome back, I missed you.

NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! If the Jets drafted Bowers before round 3 I will be so MADDDDD. I hate TE in the first 3 rounds. They bust all the time and Bowers is not even on Pitt level coming into the draft. Bowers is a average TE big deal. 

I am very happy to stay with our 10 pick in the first round, sure we traded this year's second pick to get Joe Tippmann, it was a good move by Douglas. Most of the Mock drafts this year are going to get blown out of the water for us because we have only ONE pick in the first 73 players drafted this year. And don't believe Gordon Gekko from the movie Wall Street that ' THAT GREED IS GOOD".

Edited by doumeyer

On 4/10/2024 at 7:40 AM, Big T said:

Taking a quote out of context is disingenuous. I'm not for Brock Bowers on the Jets in round 1, on the contrary, I'm not even for a WR in round 1 no matter who it is that falls to us. I am for rebuilding a mash unit of an OL for the future, and what better time than what is being considered the strongest OL class in current memory.

What is disingenuous?  All I was questioning whether he is as elite as everyone thinks he is.  That's it.