2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

2 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

If there is a position that a player shows if they have it or not as a rookie it’s running back. They can either find a crack and get away or they can’t. I can think of exactly 2 running backs that exploded after a couple seasons, Priest Holmes and Michael Turner(who didn’t see playing time due to Tomlinson being the starter). I don’t see any of that special in him unfortunately.

Not saying Dillon is that guy, but there are plenty of late bloomer RBs who didn't really break out until later in their careers: Derrick Henry, Austin Ekeler, Brian Westbrook, Thomas Jones, Fred Jackson, Darren Sproles. Hell, even Marshawn Lynch probably fits that category if you think about how much better he was after leaving Buffalo.

• Like 1

As much as I enjoy bashing Dillon, he's shown more than enough for GB to keep him around on this cheap deal.  Over the last three seasons, he's logged 1116, 976 and 836 total yards.  That's fine for a guy who can fill a specific role, and can be leaned on a little more when injuries occur.  Regardless of whether Wilson makes the roster, GB is going to have a talented group of RB's with Jacobs, Dillon and Lloyd.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Old Guy said:

You're right, no one improves between their rookie year and second year, said no one ever. 

Dismissing a kid who had production in real games is fool's gold. He might get cut and wind up on the practice squad. He might get cut and be gone. 

On what basis during your film study have you come to a conclusion he 'lacks vision'? LOL! You read some 'internet expert,' say that and repeated it. 

I have no idea what Wilson will or will not turn into. Guess what, neither do you! 

Wilson got basically one drive in the playoffs. The first drive of the 4th quarter against the Cowboys. 

He carried for: 

4, 5, 1 (Short Yardage First Down), 7, and 1

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Man I'm excited to see this DL in action again. Best DL we've had since the turn of the millenia, and deep. I think it's legit the strong point of our team. BJ, Pick, Cullen.. Ill take our current crew.

Slaton isn't Pickett and Wyatt isn't (a motivated) Jenkins. 

22 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Wilson got basically one drive in the playoffs. The first drive of the 4th quarter against the Cowboys. 

He carried for: 

4, 5, 1 (Short Yardage First Down), 7, and 1

When I said, 'real games,' I was referring to anything not preseason. 

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

You misunderstand me. 

In his only real playoff drive, he had a rushing success rate of 80%. That's quite good.

You are correct, I did misunderstand you. Thanks for clarifying that. 

10 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

Man I'm excited to see this DL in action again. Best DL we've had since the turn of the millenia, and deep. I think it's legit the strong point of our team. BJ, Pick, Cullen.. Ill take our current crew.

Stud trench units are so fun to have. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Slaton isn't Pickett and Wyatt isn't (a motivated) Jenkins. 

I'll give you Pickett over Slaton but you don't think Wyatt can do Jenkins things? 

I'll admit I was having a few sodas and watched the first half of the bucs game when I typed that. The boys were buzzin and so was I. 

20 minutes ago, HighCalebR said:

I'll give you Pickett over Slaton but you don't think Wyatt can do Jenkins things? 

I'll admit I was having a few sodas and watched the first half of the bucs game when I typed that. The boys were buzzin and so was I. 

I think he can. I don't think he has consistently. 

Wyatt took a real nice jump last year. He's gotta do it again this year. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, HighCalebR said:

The potential is there. Two things have to happen for this to be true, Wyatt has to become very good, and Brooks is the wildcard. Clarke is a stud. Slaton keeps looking better. Brooks and Wyatt could make this group elite. 

Hope it happens.

1 hour ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

I think he can. I don't think he has consistently. 

Wyatt took a real nice jump last year. He's gotta do it again this year. 

Another Wyatt jump would be wonderful. Might need that (or an equivalent version of that) to win in the playoffs 

2 hours ago, Old Guy said:

The potential is there. Two things have to happen for this to be true, Wyatt has to become very good, and Brooks is the wildcard. Clarke is a stud. Slaton keeps looking better. Brooks and Wyatt could make this group elite. 

Hope it happens.

Wyatt is quite good. Like AG said, needs the consistency.  Brooks and Slaton are top tier role players, if they just can maintain what they've shown, any progression makes you excited about post Clark GB