2024 Rookie Minicamp, OTA's & Training Camp

Leader

5 minutes ago, Refugee said:

4 years of development completely wasted. Hopefully Pratt can bring it. 

Hopefully Pratt can bring it....and Clifford and whomever else. A team can never have too much success.

I'm starting to believe the hype this defense may be pretty legit, maybe a more attacking defense is what they needed? Who would of thought. The depth on the defense seems way better than recent years as well.

26 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

I'm starting to believe the hype this defense may be pretty legit, maybe a more attacking defense is what they needed? Who would of thought. The depth on the defense seems way better than recent years as well.

I really hope so.  Barry was brought in to specialize against the Shanny offense, which he was pretty decent at. Not letting a nebulous offense beat your cloud like counter. The problem was not getting after the ball before it got to the target.  I think we will have an all gas no brakes kind of D, and not just saying it for fun. Sometimes you need brakes so we might drive off a cliff a few times. Just have to make sure our linebackers are smart and fast for the counterpunches when our aggressive front doesn't get pressure.  I'll take getting burned occasionally if we start racking up big loses and takeaways.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Refugee said:

I really hope so.  Barry was brought in to specialize against the Shanny offense, which he was pretty decent at. Not letting a nebulous offense beat your cloud like counter. The problem was not getting after the ball before it got to the target.  I think we will have an all gas no brakes kind of D, and not just saying it for fun. Sometimes you need brakes so we might drive off a cliff a few times. Just have to make sure our linebackers are smart and fast for the counterpunches when our aggressive front doesn't get pressure.  I'll take getting burned occasionally if we start racking up big loses and takeaways.

I think an emphasis on stopping the run will go a long way as well playing a lot more 1 high saftey against teams like the Niners

From GB reddit

Practice is finished - 2 hours

General:

• Pads!

• Sunny day

• "1,556 days between April 23, 2020 and July 27, 2024 --from first-round pick to NFL's highest paid player."

• UWGB coach Doug Gottlieb is at Packers practice today.

Next Event: Open Practice, July 28th 10:30AM CT

Injured:

• Kitan Oladapo S (NFI, toe)

• MarShawn Lloyd RB (hip)

• Robert Rochell DB (calf)

• Tucker Kraft TE (pec)

Returned from injury:

Not Practicing / Limited: 

• Caleb Jones OT (hammy, limited)

• Corey Ballentine CB (hammy, limited)

• Donovan Jennings G/T (knee, limited)

• Jordan Love QB (contract)

• Josh Myers C (personal day)

• Zach Tom OT (pec, limited)

Offense:

• Starters in team:

• Love

• Jacobs

• Doubs - Wicks

• Musgrave - Sims

• Walker - Rhyan - Jenkins - Morgan - Telfort

• With Josh Myers dealing with a personal matter, Elgton Jenkins snapping again today.

• Jayden Reed taking his first team reps of camp. Just in time to share the field with Jordan Love.

• Emanuel Wilson just jogged into the Hutson center. Will keep an eye on that.

• Emanuel Wilson back out on the field and running hard. He seems fine.

• Andre Dillard rotating in with the ones at RT.

• Love’s third throw was behind Watson with Stokes in coverage. Had Watson open. Love 0/3 to start. Working off a bit of rust.

• Love 0/4 with a pick to start.

• Tempers flaring early. Mosby and Glover get tied up. Gary very upset with it afterwards and barking at LaFleur and the offense. An intense start to practice. I’m sure the offense is frustrated they can’t get anything going.

• Karl Brooks with a would be sack. Eason fired anyway and completes to Hicks downfield for a gain of about 15.

• Love finds a completion on his 5th throw on about an 3 yard pass to Jayden Reed.

• Love throws high for Wicks. Incomplete. Had him open on a check down short. You can tell he’s probably pressing a bit and just working off some rust. He’s 1/8 for 3 yards and a pick.

• Number two offense starts team with a false start.

• Clifford completes to Heath for about 10 yards. Nice out route with King in coverage.

• Clifford completes again to Heath but everything was fubar. Kalen King exited the field late, the defense left Heath wide open, and the offense had an illegal formation.

• High snap from Smith that Clifford can’t haul in. The offense is just completely out of sorts.

• The Jordan we know and Love. Off play action finds Reed in stride for a pickup of 15 in front of Xavier McKinney.

• Penalty wipes out a nice throw from Love to Watson over the middle

• Love drops down sidearm to complete to Doubs over the middle. The rust is gone.

• Reed end around for 13.

• Doubs with a 16 yard catch.

• Love get's pressured by Brooks and dumps it off to Jacobs. He retreats out of the pocket and finds a positive pickup. That would have been a sack the past few practices.

• Emanuel Wilson with another big run - something that’s becoming a habit for him. Picked up about 25 on the play.

• Love with a gorgeous bomb to Watson. Stokes running with him but Watson faster. Watson makes the sliding catch. Awesome awesome throw and catch. Huge play.

• Love to Doubs for a touchdown. Offense finally has something to celebrate. Fantastic drive by Love and company. 10 was dealing.

Defense:

• Starters in team:

• Gary - Slaton - Clark - Smith

• McDuffie - Quay - Wilson

• Stokes - Jaire

• McKinney - Bullard

• On Love’s first pass of practice TJ Slaton prob would have had a sack but Love’s throw goes high and incomplete. Pressure was def a factor.

• Pressure on Love, leads to a holding call. Love tried to thread one into Reed and Jaire nearly picks it

• Nice play from Isaiah McDuffie earlier in practice and Eric Wilson had a stop behind the line on a run play.

• Brenton Cox got matched up with a running back on a stunt and pushed him back into the QB for a pressure.

• We have a scuffle!!! Nixon was very upset. Wicks involved too. Cooler heads prevail.

• Javon Bullard & Edgerrin Cooper combined for a stop in the run game before the scuffle broke out. Nice play by the two rookies.

• Quay Walker makes a diving interception of Love. Love under pressure tried to loft a ball up to Musgrave but he wasn’t ready yet. Entire play was disjointed and Quay made an awesome diving catch.

• Very vocal/animated Jaire today

• Javon Bullard deflects a slant for Watson

• Stokes and Cooper combine for a quick stop of Dillon on the next play.

• Arron Mosby had a pick of Clifford with the twos. Another pick for #6.

• Edgerrin Cooper with his third run stop already in practice.

• Karl Brooks springs free for a pressure on Love.

• Javon Bullard pick 6. Eason threw it. Rookie safety is having a huge day.

• Two minute time. Begins with KC Bout That Pressure

• Keisean Nixon a near diving INT of Love. Fantastic coverage on Wicks.

• Nixon helps break up second down throw to Reed. Gary beat Telfort clean on the same play.

• Javon Bullard pops Musgrave after a play. Not dirty but Musgrave felt that one. Defense fired up after the play. Bullard balling out today.

• Edgerrin Cooper all over the place today. Another stop on a quick completion from Clifford over the middle.

• Defense's first time doing push-ups

Special Teams:

• Grant DuBose just did a fantastic job covering a punt. I know not the most exciting tweet but he did a great job on it.

• Whelan’s been a bit more sporadic than usual today but he just boomed a punt that hit at the 3 and checked back to about the 8 and was downed there. Awesome back spin and placement.

• James Turner:

• Goes 2/3. Missed once from 47 but defense was offsides. He’s been 2/3 in every session.

• Misses FG attempt.

• Turner good from 51 to end 2-minute and 53 to end practice

• 4/6 on the day and 12/18 in camp.

Media:

Interviews:

• Brian Gutekunst: Presser

• On Jordan Love: "You guys probably heard the news. I think he's signing his extension pretty quick here and excited to get him out to practice. He worked his tail off and certainly earned this."

• "We were very, very close over the last few days. I give his agents and Russ (Ball) a lot of credit for finding common ground."

• On Love: "I know he's going to work to be the best version of himself. The growth and learning he's done, I don't expect that to change. We want him to be himself and keep doing what he's doing."

• "Now we can just get to focusing on football."

• On the money in Love's deal: "We knew the range of where it was going to be and that's where it fell. The hard part for me is when you know that, you'd like for it to be done quicker, but it never works that way. It takes time."

• Says that Love's deal is not going to impact the salary cap for a couple of years. "There will be some challenges down the road," he said. But he said they will be in good cap shape for at least the next couple of years

• Matt LaFleur: Presser

• On Jordan Love's practice workload today: "I would expect him to do everything with the ones. We can only be out there for 1:45. It’ll be a lot of team reps. I’d expect him to take a majority of those."

• Says Jordan Love has been throwing every day after practice during the contract negotiations.

• After the 2022 season, LaFleur said he felt comfortable moving forward with Love based on his preseason performance and how he attacked the defense while on the scout team throughout the season.

• On Love: "The thing that's so impressive about him is how resilient he is - never gets fazed, just continues to fight and I think that's a big reason we're standing here today talking about him."

• "It's hard to argue" that any QB played better than Love down the stretch, LaFleur says.

• Says it was actually beneficial for the team to go through some of the struggles it did early. It wound up making Love work through adversity.

• On defense's dominance over offense early in camp: "I love seeing that. Hopefully, our defense up front is as good as I think they can be."

• On how Love will handle expectations that come with his contract: "I think he'll embrace that. I don't think you'll see a difference in the person. ... He's been raised the right way. I always joked with him that if he ever changes, I'm gonna call his mom."

• Says he FaceTimed Jordan Love right after learning about the extension: "I don't think you could wipe that smile off his face. He was pretty happy."

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
Starters in team

Love
Jacobs
Doubs - Wicks
Musgrave - Sims
Walker - Rhyan - Jenkins - Morgan - Telfort

Gary - Slaton - Clark - Smith
McDuffie - Quay - Wilson
Stokes - Jaire
McKinney - Bullard

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

On Love’s first pass of practice TJ Slaton prob would have had a sack but Love’s throw goes high and incomplete. Pressure was def a factor.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Didn’t take Jordan Love long to target his slot receiver. Tosses an out route to Jayden Reed toward the right sideline. Jaire Alexander blankets it and could’ve had an interception, but drops it going to the ground. Perfect coverage.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Another nice play from Isaiah McDuffie earlier in practice and Eric Wilson had a stop behind the line on a run play.

Emanuel Wilson just jogged into the Hutson center. Will keep an eye on that.

Brenton Cox got matched up with a running back on a stunt and pushed him back into the QB for a pressure.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Andre Dillard rotating in with the ones at RT.

Love’s third throw was behind Watson with Stokes in coverage. Had Watson open. Love 0/3 to start. Working off a bit of rust.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

First team period of first padded practice of camp. And we’ve got our first fight. Dontayvion Wicks and Keisean Nixon going after each other after a rep. Scrum ensues.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Javon Bullard & Edgerrin Cooper combined for a stop in the run game before the scuffle broke out. Nice play by the two rookies.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Quay Walker makes a diving interception of Love. Love under pressure tried to loft a ball up to Musgrave but he wasn’t ready yet. Entire play was disjointed and Quay made an awesome diving catch.

Love 0/4 with a pick to start.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Tempers flaring early. Mosby and Glover get tied up. Gary very upset with it afterwords and barking at LaFleur and the offense. An intense start to practice. I’m sure the offense is frustrated they can’t get anything going.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Karl Brooks with a would be sack. Eason fired anyway and completes to Hicks downfield for a gain of about 15.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Matt LaFleur said rookie Jordan Morgan would get a first look at left tackle, but at this point early in camp it’s clear he’s being looked at as a guard first. Getting starter reps at RG with Elgton Jenkins filling in at center for Josh Myers.

Morgan has been guard all camp.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Love throws high for Wicks. Incomplete. Had him open on a check down short.

Javon Bullard with teaching tape coverage in the slot on Christian Watson for a pass breakup. Awesome play by the rookie.

Stokes and Cooper combine for a quick stop of Dillon on the next play.

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Jordan Love was throwing behind the scenes to get ready for camp, but he’s a bit rusty to start.

Had Dontayvion Wicks open on a third-7 stop. Threw over his head.

Had Christian Watson on a slant against Javon Bullard. Threw behind.

Had Wicks open on out right. Threw wide.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL
Arron Mosby had a pick of Clifford with the twos. Another pick for #6.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Number two offense starts team with a false start.

Clifford completes to Heath for about 10 yards. Nice out route with King in coverage.

Clifford completes again to Heath but everything was fubar. Kalen King exited the field late, the defense left Heath wide open, and the offense had an illegal formation.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

There’s the Jordan we know and Love. Off play action finds Reed in stride for a pickup of about 10-15.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Love heating up. Nice ball over the middle to Watson for about 15. Looks like there was an illegal formation on the offense again though.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod

Reed end around for 13 and Doubs 17 yard catch. Karl Brooks springs free for a pressure on last snap of ones. Love still dumped it off to Jacobs

Ryan Wood
@ByRyanWood

Only took 1 period. Jordan Love has heated up.

Hits Jayden Reed on out in front of Xavier McKinney for 15.

Hits Christian Watson on crosser vs McKinney for 20.

Hit Romeo Doubs on crosser for 16.

Avoided sack with check down to Josh Jacobs.

Spreading it across field. Vintage.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Emanuel Wilson with another big run - something that’s becoming a habit for him. Picked up about 25 on the play.

Wes Hodkiewicz
@WesHod

Javon Bullard with a would be Pick 6 on an Eason ball behind Stanley. Rookie second rounder having a solid day

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Keisean Nixon a near diving INT of Love. Fantastic coverage on Wicks.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Gary beats Telfort clean for a would be sack but Love throws and Nixon breaks up another pass - this one for Reed.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Love with a gorgeous bomb to Watson. Stokes running with him but Watson faster. Watson makes the sliding catch. Awesome awesome throw and catch. Huge play.

Andy Herman
@AndyHermanNFL

Love to Doubs for a touchdown. Offense finally has something to celebrate. Fantastic drive by Love and company. 10 was dealing.

In a two-minute drill, Love also threw a 47-yarder to receiver Christian Watson that was capped off with a 10-yard touchdown to receiver Romeo Doubs, according to ESPN’s Rob Demovsky.

Having a healthy Watson for a full season would be huge for the offense.

Anders Carlson and Greg Joseph, who have both made 11 of 12 field goal attempts in camp, did not kick today. Instead, it was another opportunity for rookie James Turner to show the team what he has to offer. Turner is consistently hitting two-thirds of his field goals, though, as he went 4-of-6 on the day to bring his summer total to 12-of-18. He’s finished all three days that he’s kicked 4-of-6. At this point, it’s fair to say that he’s currently the third kicker in his competition.

Have to think Turner won't be around much longer unless one of Carlson or Joseph has a rough day soon.